“Frustrated Expectation” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Near Medical Center

You added Comfort Inn & Suites Near Medical Center to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Near Medical Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6039 West IH10 Interstate, Exit # 565B-Vance Jackson Rd, San Antonio, TX 78201 (North Central)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #171 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Round Rock, Texas
“Frustrated Expectation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I booked this hotel based on the reviews but what a frustration!!!
The staff is absolutely not friendly (the lady at the front desk was always off or sited at her chair almost sleeping).
The room is old and very noise.
The breakfast is not bad but miles away to be considered good.
I will definitevely won`t return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mattos_family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed one night after not being able to find another hotel down the street because they did not have a sign that was lite up at night and we were very tired loved the room and the staff.
Breakfast the next morning was very good and hot.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dixieman80
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The person check us in was rude, and not helpful. The person check us out was rude and not helpful either. The breakfast area didn't have anywhere for us to sit and eat, over crowded and not enough food. The food that they did have was covered in grease and almost not edible. I would spend a few more dollars just to go somewhere else.
The room was okay, smelled musty. Bathroom had cockroaches, and bath tub didn't drain at all. Husband got bit by some kind of bug in the bed...not worth the money.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ali624
Pharr, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed there and paid cash so I wouldn't have to use my credit card. I had already heard of the money issue in previous reviews. I had to give a credit card as a deposit and they got a copy of it and didn't swipe it. When I left, they did not want to give me my copy. I asked why, and they said they kept in their records....weird. I explained I was not too sure because of all this fraud that happens. They then told someone had just come in about the same thing...hmmm. Didn't sound right, especially when we got there and someone was also have these issues. (We were standing right behind them, so we heard.) I already felt uneasy. Luckily, I cancelled my card as soon as I got home. Sure enough 2 weeks later they are trying to use it in Miami. I have never heard of hotels who keep it on file (copy of your card), so thank goodness I cancelled my card. I had not used in about a month and a half, so only place I did was hotel. I urge that you not go or don't use your card at all! I really hope that they look into this. I am going to speak to the head and have this reported to authorities.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 14Mary
fort worth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We are still dealing with the nightmare from staying at this location. Our room had problems with bedbugs. The bites on one of our family members have been severe and required medical attention. We caught a bug in our room and turned it to the front desk. At that time we did not realized it was a bed bug, but it has been confirmed since.

All of the expenses of dealing with the bed bugs will be yours -- the hotel is not responsible.

Room Tip: check your mattress
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank fortworthfamily4
, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Medical Center, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for your feedback to your recent stay with us at our Comfort Inn & Suites. I would like to personally address your concerns regarding your comments. I truly understand your concerns regarding the claim of bed bugs in our hotel. I assure you that we take any claim of any guest that believes to have come in contact with this type of insect very serious as it can truly be a problem to any and all hotels and there travelers. We take every step to assure the public that our property is free of any such pest. Your claim has also brought a sight inspection from the city of San Antonio and their finding as well as ours has not found any evidence of such claim.

We urge all our travelers whom are preparing to take their summer vacations if they are about to use those traveling suite cases that get pulled out once or twice a year to allow them to sit out and open for at least a few hours before the begin to pack to allow any such critters to escape so that they do not make the trip with your belonging to your destination.

Once again I wish the best for you and your family and hope that your next travel experience is not the same.

Respectfully,

Marc Salinas, CHA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is the place I stay when traveling to San Antonio. I was traveling with my elderly mother and Kaleena, front desk, was very accommodating!!! The breakfast is special --staff makes homemade potatoes and salsa with fresh jalapeños. They even have a toaster for tortillas. The GM is a very friendly man who knows how to hire and keep good employees. The price is great too!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Caplpc
Lubbock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Thank you for Comfort Inn for a great stay while in San Antonio. We were greeted with a welcome basket of a snack and water and the rooms were very comfortable and clean. This was our first experience with Comfort Inn and we were not disappointed! The pool was clean and the fitness center seemed well maintained. The breakfast was pleasing and filling. We will definitely be back and will be using Comfort Inn in the future!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family