“Don’t miss it if you are around Austin” 5 of 5 stars
Review of San Antonio River

San Antonio River
San Antonio, TX (Downtown)
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 135 Attractions in San Antonio
Type: Bodies of Water, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Scenic river winds through the town of San Antonio.
Austin, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Don’t miss it if you are around Austin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The river walk was very pleasant to us. Very often beautiful flowers jumped into our eyes, with remarkable buildings behind, just wonderful spots for photos. Alamo Museum was just by the river, with a beautiful garden around it. There were many restaurants, all were crowded. We had our late lunch or early dinner at one restaurant, we liked it.

We shopped at San Marcos Tanger Outlets on our way back to Austin from San Antonio. We wished we shopped the outlets first on our way to San Antonio, so we could have more shopping time.

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
235 attraction reviews
“One of my favorite spots on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

If I could only go to one vacation spot for the rest of my life, it would be San Antonio. I love the city and the river is a big part of the reason. It's a river for all ages. I remember being a little kid and loving it. I've spent the day shopping on it. I've taken the historical perspective. I've eaten on the Mexican food barges. I've walked miles and miles and miles. I've watched Shakespeare and ballet folklorico in the amphitheather. I've eaten at the Irish pub and the riverside steakhouse. I've been so many times I can't count them and I'd go back tomorrow. Love, love, love. I haven't been since they added the Pearl District to the Riverwalk, but I'm dying to go!

Kingsville, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“How you like it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Weekends on the riverwalk are always crowded. I recommend a better alternative is early to mid week for your visits. Beware a recurrent problem with credit card use at riverwalk restaurants, I experienced tips being added to my receipt post payment when I had tipped with cash. This happened at three different restaurants on three different occasions. telephone complaints to the management resolved these irregularities, but lead me to believe this is an ongoing and pernicious activity.

Visited January 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
27 attraction reviews
“Was fun enough!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I thought it was worth it for the price and a nice enough experience. I had already walked most of the river walk at this point but it was nice to see it from the water. A little more history narration might have been nice however.

Beaumont, TX
3 attraction reviews
“Night Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We road the riverboat at night. It was a nice experience. The guide was very informative and professional.

Visited March 2013