“Close, clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 347 hotels in San Antonio
Midland, Texas
“Close, clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Located just east of I - 35 in down town S. A., this motel is four stories, and has covered parking under the freeway. A big deal in the summer! I did not notice freeway noise, since I was on the East end. Breakfast was hot and adequate selection, nothing fancy. Entire property was clean and fresh. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Away from freeway, top floor is quieter
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
sulamanchaudhry, Owner at Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your candid feedback about our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our property, our breakfast selection, as well as our covered parking adjacent to the hotel. I do want to clarify one small thing though - we are actually located just East of I-37 in downtown San Antonio (Alamo Exit 141B when heading South). We are also a 5-story yellow Mediterranean-style hotel so you can't miss us when you are driving by on I-37; however if anybody needs directions, feel free to contact our Guest Service Staff at the front desk. Once again, we truly appreciate your feedback and we look forward to your return visit.

580 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

This place is great. The location is convenient. The staff helpful. The premises kept in great shape.

While we visited San Antonio we stayed here for 4 nights, all were great! Definitely coming to stay again! The owner even have us a ride to the spurs game and showed local travel options!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
It is delightful to us all that you had such a fantastic time at our hotel during your 4 night stay in San Antonio, and we sincerely appreciate you kind comments about our hotel and staff. It is also great to that our hardworking staff were able to help you as well as make sure the hotel grounds were properly maintained throughout your stay. It is exciting that the Spurs season is firing up again, so we hope to see many more basketball fans stay at our hotel as the season presses on because we are one of the closest hotels to the AT&T Center. Thank you again for your comments and we do hope to see you again.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Where do I begin? This was my first trip to San Antonio and I had an awesome time!! I went for the Spurs first home game of this 2012 season. I stayed at the Comfort Suites Alamo Riverwalk two weeks ago and it was so wonderful. Check in was smooth and easy. My room was large, clean, accommodating, and I didn't mind the view of the highway!! The gentleman at the front desk was so kind, gave me directions and all sorts of useful information. They have a free one-way shuttle to the Riverwalk, and a cab back only cost $4.80!! The hotel had a manager's reception during the week which included red and white wine, beer, cheese, and taquitos!! It was wonderful. The FREE HOT breakfast was so delicious. The waffles were in the shape of Texas! They were so cute and so tasty. There was a buffet of eggs, sausage, ham, cereal, and fruit. Coffee with International Delights cream and orange juice, too. There is an outdoor pool AND a hot tub (both were warm). Parking was $10/night but was covered and safe. Comfort Suites Alamo Riverwalk is close to everything!!! The mall, Riverwalk, Alamo, ATT Center, and various restaurants. I enjoyed my stay and I will be back again!! I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay at the Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk, and we appreciate you sharing your comments with us. It appears that you were able to experience most of what our hotel has to offer, and it is great to hear that you enjoyed it all. I'm glad that you took advantage of our hotel staff's local knowledge, the facilities (pool & hot tub), and the amenities (free full hot breakfast). It's also fantastic to hear that you were able to attend a Spurs game at the AT&T Center - We love the Spurs and their fans! Well, we truly appreciate your kind words about our staff and our hotel, and we hope that you come back soon as there is much to do in San Antonio before the New Year!
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was by far one of the cleanest hotels we've ever stayed at (was even more well kept than many Embassy Suittes & a Marriot we've previously stayed in). The staff was friendly & helpful from the moment I was on the phone making reservations until we checked out after vacation--everyone was so great!! The breakfast spread was excellent, fresh & hot! It is within walking distance of the Alamo & Riverwalk, but if you don't want to walk, the hotel van will drop you off where you want to go! Aaron at the front desk was great, too!
It only took us 15 minutes to get to Sea World from here.
We will definitly be staying here again! These people really care about you & your stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
sulamanchaudhry, Owner at Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your very positive feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. It is encouraging for our endeavors of providing the best possible service to our guests when you compare us to Embassy Suites and Marriotts. We are also very pleased the our guest service staff were very helpful and left you with positive lasting impression. We are located downtown but we are in fact quite close to Sea World so we do encourage many guests to stay with us in order to get the downtown experience at night while being able to enjoy the theme parks(Sea World & Six Flags Fiesta Texas) and other attractions during the day. Well, we really enjoyed having you stay with us and we hope you return the next time you visit San Antonio. Thank you again for your positive comments.
Citrus Heights, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel truly represents a standard of excellence in every category. It is located near the center of activities and attractions. The quality of construction and design is first rate. The furnishing and services are superior. The owner, Sherry M. Chaudhry, is a consummate hostess who will welcome you warmly. She and her staff really put guest services first. Don't miss an opportunity to stay here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your very kind feedback and we are pleased to hear that you had such a great time with your family at our hotel in San Antonio. All our staff truly tries to engage our guests in order to find out more about them in order to help and provide them with custom tailored information regarding location attractions, restaurants, and directions. I am glad that you and your family felt warmly welcomed and we hope that you don't forget to stop by the Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk the next time you visit San Antonio.
Marion, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

First off, I have never had the owner of hotel come up and ask how we enjoyed our stay. I was staying in San Antonio for my son's Air Force graduation. Sherry (the owner) checked on our group outside the pool area. During the discussion she asked how we were and why we were in town. Upon mentioning my son's AF graduation she asked if we would mind a cake and a bottle of champagne. Wonderful people, all helpful with directions and any needs. Aaron at the desk was very helpful. Good location 3 blocks from riverwalk. Beautiful hotel and pool area, great happy hour during the week. Only about 15 min. drive to AF base. Larger than most rooms and clean. Only slight neg. was being so close to the expressway, but that is a positive when traveling back and forth from the AF base. Would stay again and recommend.

thanks Sherry

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
sulamanchaudhry, Owner at Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
The pleasure was all mine. I'm so glad to hear you all had a great time at our hotel in San Antonio, and I really appreciate your positive comments about our hotel and staff. We really enjoy all of the Air Force guests that we accommodate because they are all very kind and friendly, and it is always a pleasure to take care of them the best we can - as with all our guests. We are conveniently located in downtown San Antonio while also being adjacent to I-37 which does make for a quick and easy trip to and from the Air Force Base. We also offer a "Friends and Family" rate to all the Air Force graduation families, so relevant parties need to remember to call the hotel and ask about this rate program.
However, I do digress. It was a pleasure meeting your family, and we hope that you return to the Comfort Suites Alamo/River Walk soon!
Port Isabel, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Suites on Nov.5th for 2 nights! It was really nice! I had just checked out of my other hotel I stayed at and arrived at Comfort around 11am and I asked the clerk that if we could possibly check in already. The clerk named Megan was really nice and did let us check in already. When we got up too the room we got everything situated and took alook around. It was a bigger room than what we preiously had stayed at (SleepInn; another Chioce Hotel.) After we dropped our luggae off we went downstairs too ask for directions Megan the clerk was very helpful. I have no complaints once so ever about this hotel. No bugs,no noise, no problem! The breakfast was very god also! The beds were comfortable and the staff were very nice also. The pool was heated and was not clod at all! The jucuzzi was nice as well. The had a miniture golf section which I did want to go too, but did not get a chance but was okay because I was roaming around the city. Which the hotel is close too also, 4 blacks from the Riverwalk, 3 from the Alamo. Overall this hotel was excellent! Great stay and great vacation hotel too stay at!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
It's so nice to hear that you had a great stay at our property, and we are very appreciative of your positive feedback. It is most pleasing to us that you had a positive guest service experience with our staff as we try to focus the hardest on delivering the best level of service possible within that service representative-guest interaction. If there is anything that our guests ever need in order to enhance their stay experience, we will do everything we can as long as the guest lets us know - we never want a guest to think we didn't do something for them.
I am also glad that you enjoyed our spacious over-sized suites each with either King bed and a sleeper sofa or Two Queen beds and a sleeper sofa - comfortably accommodating business travelers, couples and families. Our facilities and amenities are targeted towards all different guests such as free high speed wireless internet throughout the entire hotel (loved by business travelers) as well as a free full hot breakfast (loved by families with several kids). The heated pool and hot tub are also enjoyed by everyone. We are also currently updating our Fitness Facility and we should be receiving a top of the line treadmill and elliptical by the end of Nov '12 which will be a great addition for everyone who likes to exercise while they travel.
Well, we are glad you you enjoyed your stay and we hope your next San Antonio vacation includes staying at the Comfort Suites Alamo/River Walk. Once again, we thank you for your comments.

Been to Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk? Share your experiences!