“Large rooms, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   432 West Market Street, San Antonio, TX 78205 (East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #40 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Deer Park, Texas
“Large rooms, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Check-in was easy, valet was friendly (although he had to tell me they don't have a bellman, so it's "haul your own luggage") Victor at the front desk was nice, gave me directions that I asked for.
The room is, as others have stated, somewhat dated. Orange duvet, plaid carpets, dark fake wood....there's a 70's Days Inn looking for its furniture...I had a corner suite, 707, which is quite a bit larger than many Homewood Suites I've stayed in. The room was clean, but the hole in the carpet next to the bathroom is regrettable.
Also, as a HH member at my level, there are normally some extra amenities in the room - not this time.
This hotel is several blocks from the busy section of the Riverwalk, so if you're looking to be near the Alamo, the restaurants, etc...look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your recent stay with us. Actually, our valet staff will assist our guests with their luggage. I have spoken with the manager about this so that they all are on the same page regarding this matter. While the cranberry duvets were nice, we are now moving to the Homewood Suites all white bedding. This should be in place by mid November. I think you will like the new look. Lastly, per Homewood Suites and Hilton Honors, all Gold and Diamond VIP's do receive a welcome amenity upon arrival. You also have the option of choosing bonus points over the amenity. I am not sure of your Honors status or preference but this may have something to do with you not receiving amenity. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites. We appreciate your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The location of the hotel is awesome. Walking distance to river walk. Staff was polite.
Although the rooms don't look new it is very spacious. The rooms were cleaned daily.
Good breakfast. Wifi kept dropping when I stayed there not a constant connection.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your business and hope to have you back as our guest next time you are in San Antonio. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites.
Baker City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I really enjoyed staying here not only for the great location but also because the room was great. Pool was a little small but did go to 8 foot deep. Loved being able to go right out to the River Walk as well as the restaurants right there. Room was very clean. Had a view of the river walk with a balcony and that was so nice to sit out on in the evening with a great view of the city. All the employees was very friendly and greeted you when you walked by. I will be planning another trip!

Room Tip: Ask for a Balcony view of the River Walk
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your recent stay. We truly appreciate our guests taking the time to post the reviews so other potential guests coming to San Antonio know what to expect. It should be noted that while we are on the river walk, our views of the river are very limited and we do not have balconies. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites. We appreciate your business.
Wichita Falls, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had stayed here about 15 years ago and returned to find it a little dated but overall average. Breakfast was definitely not Embassy Suites quality. Valet is pricey at $22/night. Location is quiet, but still convenient to the exciting end of the riverwalk. We did get some fabulous info from one of the desk attendants on restaurants and good walking directions which was helpful. I do wish that the City of S.A. would do something about the number of people roaming around asking for handouts. It is a little awkward at times in some spots. Our 2 bed/2 bath suite was very comfortable. There was some hallway noise at times but nothing intolerable.

Stayed October 2013
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your recent stay with us. The staff of the hotel work very hard to insure that every guest leaves the hotel completely satisfied. If there is ever anything about your stay that you feel could have been better, I invite you to bring it to one of my staff's attention or to my attention. We will do whatever we can to make sure you leave our hotel completely satisfied. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites. We appreciate your business and hope you come back to stay with us again.
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was a very nice stay and one of the most comfortable beds I have slept on and I travel frequently. I like mattresses on the firm side but this was not too firm. Just right for me. So comfortable I removed teh bedding to see the brand. I want to buy a mattress now after I learned they were made specifically by Serta for Hilton Hotels (SERTA Perfect Sleeper Suite Dreams).

All staff were friendly from the front desk to maintenance people. Every time someone walked by me, I was greeted with a Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Sir. I had an emergency arise and had to fly home a day earlier than expected. They were very accommodating and let me check out late and did not charge me for my last day.

Room was very large, clean and made to perfection every day. The only negative for me is that some of the furniture is dated and the chair in living/dining combo room had stains all over it and in the head rest area so I had to cover the entire chair with towels. Room also has a full fridge with ice maker, microwave, sink, stove top with two burners and the kitchen is fully stocked with everything you need (dishes, utensils, cookware, etc.).

As far as location - good location, a little far from the main parts of the river walk and good places to eat but it does connect to the river walk and it is a approximately 10-15 min walk at a steady pace to the hustle and bustle with some restaurants along the way. It was not a problem for me but it may be to some who can't walk long distances. Both nights I was there I wanted to go to dinner after a long day of work but because of the walk and heat, I opted to stay in and order.

Full breakfast was great. Friendly staff, great selection of food and not overcrowded. Great views of the riverwalk if you can get a table by the window. I had no problems getting a table by the window.

They only offer valet parking which is quite pricey. I believe it was between $22-25 a day. The public parking lots across the street charges $15 per day (that is where I parked). I heard that there were some other lots a few blocks down Market (towards the convention center) that may charge less.

Overall a great stay. I highly recommend. This hotel knows how to treat people right. I don't see that very often in my hotel stays. I wish I could have taken the mattress with me!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for this very detailed review of your recent stay with us. I am glad you really liked our beds. You can actually purchase the mattress online. Simply go to www.homewoodcollection.com. Once you are there, click on bedding then Homewood Suites bed. We really appreciate your business and hope to have you back as our guest in the near future.
Atascocita, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I discovered the Homewood Suites this past June in Colorado. Have stayed at two other locations including San Antonio since then..superb! Larger rooms and small kitchen make traveling so much more pleasant. This one has a such a good location in San Antonio. I enjoyed eating breakfast next to the river. Friendly and courteous staff. I will look for another Homewood Suite on my next trip!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for this review of your recent stay with us. I am glad you discovered Homewood Suites. It truly is a unique brand and once you stay at a Homewood Suites, you will look for one wherever you go. I really believe this. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites. We appreciate your business!
Atlantic City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Close to everything. Easy walking distance. Safe neighborhood. Older decor. Staff nice. Would stay here again. On river walk but not the commercial area with all the stores and restaurants. Offer breakfast -typical. Offer snacks, wine and beer Monday thru Thurs. evening, I passed on that- too many wonderful places to eat.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your stay with us. We do offer a "Welcome Home" reception Monday-Thursday. During this reception, we serve dinner, beer, wine, and Margaritas. What a great way to get the evening started. Many of our guests do exactly what you did and pass on the reception and head out to one of the many great restaurants we have in the area. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites. We truly appreciate your business!

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown? Share your experiences!