This is the 1st time I stayed in a Homewood Suites but as a Hilton Honors member have stayed in a lot of Hilton properties. The property presents a mixed appearance - some areas are very nice while others warrant improvement. For example, the lobby/eating area is very spacious, great view of the river but why is the carpet unfinished/ragged at the edge where it meets the windows overlooking the river - looks real shabby. The breakfast/evening light dinner staff could be more cordial (e.g greeting guests) as I've come to expect at other Hilton properties plus they did not consistently clean the floor around the tables leaving food/crumbs behind. Again, not what I see at other Hilton properties.
Keep in mind this is an old building restored so it will not have that look & feel of a newer facility. Neverthless, one shouldn't have to wait 5+ minutes for hot water in the sink/shower which at times never gets hot, a toilet that runs off and on, a room that despite being a non smoking room has a distinct, lingering smoke smell, a closet door that doesn't slide and no flat screen TVs. Always hate having to pay for parking and whenever you need to retrieve something from your car (parked blocks away), you need to wait plus tip the driver each time. I try to avoid Hilton properties that charge for parking whenever I can.
To be fair, the property has it good points:
- great location to everything downtown including the riverwalk
- light dinner that saves you $
- spacious suites with a ceiling fan in the bedroom which we love
- convenient, free Wi-Fi
- nice fitness area
- convenient guest laundry
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy being in the heart of scenic and historic San Antonio, Texas at our Homewood Suites by Hilton® San Antonio-Riverwalk/Downtown hotel. Situated on the famous Riverwalk, our all-suite hotel is convenient to historical sites, shopping and dining. Connect with home and the office with free high-speed internet access. Start your day with a hot full breakfast served daily. At the end of a long day, unwind with our evening dinner and drinks (beer, wine, margaritas) served Monday to Thursday. Both meals are included with your stay. Or, prepare your own meal in the fully equipped kitchen, featuring a refrigerator, microwave, two-burner stove top, dishwasher and utensils. Lounge in one of our one or two bedroom suites with a separate bedroom and living area featuring a sofabed and TVs with premium cable channels. Host a meeting or event for up to 90 people and use the services available in our business center. Relax in our rooftop pool or whirlpool, or work out on the latest fitness equipment. Shop at nearby Rivercenter Mall and El Mercado. Learn about Texas history at the Alamo and Governor’s Palace. Dine on local and international foods. Plan family activities at Sea World, Splashtown and the San Antonio Zoo. Business travelers will enjoy our proximity to the H. B. Gonzales Convention Center. Our multi-lingual staff will help you find the best options in San Antonio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, AAA Travel Services, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Riverwalk / Downtown Hotel San Antonio
- Homewood Suites San Antonio
- Homewood San Antonio
- San Antonio Homewood Suites