“Best Kept Secret In San Antonio” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Havana
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1015 Navarro Street, San Antonio, TX 78205 (East Side)   |
Ranked #41 of 352 hotels in San Antonio
Arlington Texxas, USA
“Best Kept Secret In San Antonio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was in town on business and randomly picked this hotel…was I lucky! The entire staff from the GM, front desk, wait staff and even the kitchen are the best in the industry! I travel every week and this is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Food is great, hotel is chic and the bar has a vibe like no other. Hotel Havana rocks!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Funky and classy hotel with very accommodating, professional staff. I was in San Antonio for a conference on the Riverwalk but the conference hotel was booked. What a lucky break for me! Hotel Havana was a nice walk from my conference and made my business trip feel like a vacation. The hotel's restaurant is sophisticated and cool, with the best Margaritas ever. I just wish I had their pillows on my bed at home! Sweet, sweet dreams at the Hotel Havana.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were so happy with this hotel. Really I can't think of one negative thing. Rooms are very charming and clean. Fun mix of vintage style furniture through out the hotel and rooms makes everything feel special and unique. Goodie baskets and mini fridges in room are super fun and cute, (mini bar prices very reasonable). Staff was friendly and helpful. The front porch and balconies have comfortable seating, great for hanging out or relaxing after a long day. Very casual and welcoming atmosphere makes you feel comfortable and right at home. I would highly recommend this hotel. It is by far one of the best & coolest places I have stayed.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

I just checked out of this hotel an hour ago and I am so happy with the service my fiancé and I received.

We had a puppy with us and they were so accepting and loving towards her. When the cleaning ladies came in our room while we were gone, they left three doggy treats in her bowl.

We ordered breakfast this morning and the food was delicious. We had the avacado blanco queso omelette and the griddle cakes with coffee. The food is more than I like to pay, especially for breakfast, but it was worth it and provided us a very comfortable and romantic morning with breakfast in bed.

I only stayed in the studio room, it is small but so adorable. Other rooms looked great but don't feel like you'll be missing anything, the studios provide an intimidate charm.

The location isn't right in the middle of everything on the river walk, but I much preferred it over the loud and busy happenings and it is just a quick walk to the restaurants and shops.

Needless to say, I'll be stating here anytime I'm in San Antonio.

• Stayed October 2012
Southern Shores, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Retro and well done. Clean rooms, fabulous restaurant and restaurant. Downstairs bar is like a voodoo lounge ( Rodriquez has stayed here). Reminds us of the Pinecrest Inn in Pinehurst, NC, on steroids. Please give this place a try, our favorite place to eat and stay in San Antonio!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The bar in the basement of the Havana Hotel is red velvet speak easy type of look. very dark and laid back. Well mixed drinks.

This place is so cool that Maker's Mark Bourbon brought their mixologist to serve up their best drinks in San Antonio.

A great place to just have a drink either in the basement or on the patio overlooking the riverwalk. The Hotel is really nice also!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hunt, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

If you have ever read one of my earlier hotel reviews you will quickly realize i tried something new. From the moment I stepped into the Hotel Havana I felt I was entering a time warp into the 1930's or 40's. Well at least my Hollywood created black and white imagined one, because I am only a product of the 50's! Imagine a large old mansion hotel, right on the San Antonio River, in historic downtown, then add creaking floors, high ceilings and funky, comfortable funiture, that is just the lobby. The staff was very attentive and helpful. I arrived early and my third floor room was not ready, so the front desk stowed my valise (I think that is what a suitcase would have been called in the 30's) while I left for lunch at La Gloria on the River Walk. See their reviews, but it is one of my favorite lunch places in San Antonio. Upon my return the "valise" was in my room. Now i was in the 1930's for sure but modernized! A Smeg classic refrigerator held a wonderful assortment of mini bar items. Including my favorite Coca Cola in a bottle produced in Mexico and still using real sugar! A nice four poster bed and a few pieces of purposefully mismatched furniture and of course original creaking beautiful wooden floors made the room. There was not a closet, but clothes hooks. With all this time warp i was pleased to see the new technology of the 21st century, a flat screen t.v.! The period look bathroom was nice and well lite , robes were nice as were the thick towels. My favorite was the glicerine soap which smelled of fresh grapefruit. My view was off the river, however there was a parking lot in the mix also. Now the sensual part, the whole place just seemed sexy and romantic! I would say a perfect place for a nice get away with your sweetie, I unfortunately was alone. Although I did have friends staying there and they loved it too. This is a must stay for a romantic and funky weekend, but it is not a Four Seasons! No pool but an incredible bar on the river. See my review of Ocho.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Havana? Share your experiences!