“Enjoyed the breakfast but not the ghosts!” 4 of 5 stars

Bullis House Inn
621 Pierce St., P.O. Box 8059, San Antonio, TX 78208   |
Ranked #26 of 45 San Antonio B&B and Inns
New
“Enjoyed the breakfast but not the ghosts!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2006

When I first saw the house, I thought it was amazing. But as I approched the front door, I immediately felt the presence of the spirits ! It was around midnight when I arrived and the interior was a bit dark. I tiptoed and climbed quietly up the stairs into our room hoping not to disturbed the spirits in the house. Our Victorian style room was spacious and tastefully decorated. The fireplace was not completely renovated. I did not sleep well on my first night and the rest of my stay. As a matter of fact, I did not get a good sleep at all! It's not that the house was uncomfortable but I guess it's the spirits were keeping me awake! If you are super sensitive to spirits and bothered by it, I suggest that you don't go but...if you're intention is to enjoy the nice hospitality and hang out with the spirits..I suggest you go ahead and plan your reservation! The swimming pool was great! The sausage omellette breakfast and the flavored cinnamon coffee were very tasty! It's worth the $65.00 a night!

• Stayed June 2006

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2006

My family and I would not return to the Bullis House Inn. The house has not been upkept. Tiles are missing on the walls, behind every nook and cranny is an unexpected surprise where some renovation was not finished. This could be a wonderful house, but has been neglected. Breakfast consisted of cereal, muffins and old, hard waffles. There was no air conditioning in the bathrooms so it was very muggy and smelly. The fiberglass shower stall has been repainted several times and paint was chipping off everywhere. We shared one full bathroom with 1 or 2 families. The other full bath has a tub only.

• Stayed May 2006
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2004

The Bullis Inn may not be right on the Riverwalk, but it's well worth the 10 minute drive from it. The house is beautiful and well restored to what it must have looked like in the early 1900's. The staff, especially the Manager, Mike Tease, was friendly, warm, and helpful. My room was beautifully decorated, comfortable and clean. It's located in a quiet neighborhood away from the freeway and city noise. I was happily greeted by Mike the next morning. I stayed longer than I planned, due to the great stories Mike had to tell me on the history of the Bullis House...I enjoyed everyone of them...I wish I could have stayed longer. San Antonio was my 3rd stop on a cross-country drive from Florida to California. The Bullis House Inn was my favorite place of all the places I stayed at during my trip. If you're ever in San Antonio, this place is a must to stay! I'll definitely be staying there again, next time I'm in town.

• Stayed November 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2003

It was a home warming experience the kind you dont get from your every day hotel or inn. This is the first breakfast inn i've experienced and it was the ulltimate awakening and daymaking of my stay in San Antonio.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2002

The week-end of March 9, 2002, our family rented the Bullis Inn for a wedding week-end. The house was decorated abundantly with flowers. A very nice wake-up call on the wedding day was a player piano. An urgent call for a VCR brought one promptly. As thing will happen, we had some miss-communications with the catering company (separate company from the Bullis House). The management of the Bullis readily helped smooth matters out. We made many requests of them, but they never made use feel like we imposed on them. A very friendly place to stay - and get them to tell you the ghost stories & house history - it is educational and entertaining. Thank-you Mr. Cox! I want to come back soon.