“Family Friendly and Close to SeaWorld” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn San Antonio Seaworld

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn San Antonio Seaworld to your Saves list
Residence Inn San Antonio Seaworld
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2838 Cinema Ridge, San Antonio, TX 78238 (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #58 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
Dallas
“Family Friendly and Close to SeaWorld”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

We have stayed at this hotel three times for family trips to SeaWorld-- with children ranging from two to eleven. It is clean, very family friendly and has a free shuttles to SeaWorld San Antonio. The indoor pool was a life saver when terrible rains changed our plans to be outside all day. And the equipped kitchen made family meals away from home easy with the children! The only tricky thing is the entrance which sits off the access road of the highway, but once you figure it out the first time, you are good to go!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family

126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

Made my reservation online SIX weeks prior to staying at the hotel. Needed the largest suite that has 2 beds in one room and 1 bed in the second room. Had 6 adults and 2 children, so HAD to have the large suite. We got there in the evening to check in and were told that our room was not available and we'd have to settle for a room with just 2 beds - for 6 adults!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After much heated discussion, they comp'd the second room for us, but couldn't even give us rooms on the same floor! And to top that off, the 2 bed room that we got was reserved for someone else, which means they had to deal with the same thing when they arrived! I have to say that the hotel itself was very nice and comfortable, just don't expect anything you reserve to be what you actually get.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
mporter1, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Seaworld, responded to this review, May 20, 2010
I apoligize for the mix up with room types. We very much appreciate every guest who chooses to stay at Residence Inn SeaWorld/Lackland in San Antonio. i would ask that you allow us anonther opportunity to win your business.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

This was my second time staying at this hotel. The first time, which was two weeks ago everything was great so, upon check-out I made reservations to come again.

First of all I asked if I could be placed back in rm#108 and was told that that room was not available during that time, but rm#106 would be. This was fine so I said ok. When I arrived I was given room #128 and was told rm#106 was not available. So of course I took rm#128 because we had just driven from Dallas and the kids were ready to go to Sea World.

To make a long story short the plumbing in the tub was backed up and there were no other rooms available. How gross!!! So we ended up taking wash offs. Called the front desk and the security guy came with a toilet plunger to plung the tub. Double gross!!!! The following morning I talked to the manager and she said it would be taken care of. My family and I got back around 3:00pm on saturday from the park and the problem still was not taken care of. I called the front desk and she did not know what I was talking about so I had to explain what was going on to her when this should have been done by her manager. The problem from friday at 1030pm was finally taken care of by 1030pm on sat. Not to mention the tub was left filthy by the maintance man.

If this is type of service you want for the price you pay enjoy.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

My family had a 2 bedroom suite with 3 queen beds. The suite was decorated with warm colors, modern art, work and had stainless steel appliances. It was very clean and everything looked new. It was spacious and comfortable.

The breakfast buffet had a very good selection and my kids got a kick out of the waffle maker that made waffles in the shape of the state of Texas. The location was very convenient for going to downtown San Antonio or Sea World. The indoor pool was wonderful for cooling off and staying out of the hot Texas summer sun. Nice neighborhood with a shopping mall and movie theater right around the corner. The only negative I can say about this hotel was that the beds were a little hard. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

We typically...almost always stay in Marriott hotels. Residence Inns are good options for us as they have true suites which make it easier when traveling with small children. Although a little deceiving having "Sea World" in the name of the property. It's not actually near the park but the hotel is in a decent location if traveling to Sea World (15 minute drive).

Overall the stay was average, but not near as good as other Marriotts in San Antonio. We stayed 3 nights and I had interactions with different shifts at the front desk. Each time the staff acted as if they did not have time for my questions. I am really a low maintenance traveler. The only request I had was for an extra blanket. I asked the lady at the front desk at 9:30...waited until 11:30...no blanket ever came.

Breakfast options were OK, but have had better at the Towne Place Suites in San Antonio. The breakfast area is so small and gets so busy that it is very difficult to get any item that you want. This happened all three mornings.

For a newer hotel, the carpet in our room had lots of stains and carpeting in the elevators were filthy. Fabric on couch looked dirty and roll away bed was VERY uncomfortable.

With all the complaining I would actually stay here again, if nothing else for the location and the guarantee of getting a true suite.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

Me and my parents were staying at this hotel in San Antonio during Easter weekend because we needed to be close to my grandmother who lives in a retirement high-rise near Lackland AFB. The hotel is located right off of I-410 (right before Ingram Park Mall), and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. One night I walked over to Bennigans and walked back to Residence Inn without any problems. There's also a movie theater nearby, but I decided not to go there. We stayed in a double-queen studio with free wireless internet and a full kitchen. My parents had dinner at Bill Miller's BBQ and stored their leftovers in a refrigerator--very useful. The hot breakfast was OK, but they didn't have a lot of choices. The water in the pool is way too cold, but the hot tub was just right. Should we visit San Antonio again in the future, this will be one of our preferred hotels.

• Stayed April 2009
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2009

This hotel just opened within the past year so everything is brand new. The management is very friendly. They have a wonderul indoor heated pool, one of the few of this variety which I have found looked clean enough to swim in. I had a wonderful swim. No one else was at the pool at 8:30 p.m. There is a very reasonably priced Chinese buffet just up the roas.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn San Antonio Seaworld? Share your experiences!