“Coco=Nono” 2 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Coco Chocolate Lounge & bistro
18402 US 281N., San Antonio, TX 78259 (Far North Central)
210-491-4480
Neighborhood: Far North Central
San Antonio
“Coco=Nono”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I had been looking forward to dining at this restaurant for about two years...and then a Groupon popped up and I jumped at the chance to eat there for half price. First of all, the food was mediocre at best. My husband and I both ate the chicken mole, which was okay. The garnish consisted of a grape tomato sliced in half on each side of the chicken and a sprig of cilantro on the top. It wasn't visually appealing and it wasn't tasty either. We also found the ambience lackluster as well. We sat at a small table in the center of the restaurant and the seats were made of of faux rattan, so I felt like I was sitting on a piece of lawn furniture. From where we were sitting, we were able to listen to the band (which was good), but we found it odd that the band was playing in front of a jumbo TV that was playing football. From our vantage point, there was also a wall that had several TV's on it and they were playing a runway show. In the other corner of the room, where people waited, there was a big couch that is reminiscent of something you would see in an Austin Powers movie. I felt like this restaurant was a "jack of all trades, master of none". My husband and I were in and out of there in less than 45 minutes because we couldn't wait to leave. Since SA is a such a foodie city, spend your money somewhere else.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

San Antonio, Texas
“La Cantera Coco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We love this place, positioned right at The Falls area of La Cantera, its a small booth by all the waterfeatures outside. The coconut shrimp is amazing, the drinks are really great and good prices too. Have a glass of wine or champagne after shopping, it is nice to sit by the water and relax. In the evening, the lights on the trees are beautiful and very romantic. The little panninis and pizza are good too. Service is always good! Give this a try next time you are at la Cantera. We will definetly be back!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Antonio, TX
“EXCELLENT Coconut Shrimp!!!!! Delicious!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I ordered the happy hour crab cakes and they were a bit fishy HOWEVER I then ordered the coconut shrimp and they were DELICIOUS!!! The happy hour serving size is 4 small pieces and oh-my-goodness I could have eaten 20+ coconut shrimp and nothing else!!! The dipping sauce is amazing too!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Birmingham, Alabama
“Very different concept but very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife and I ate at Coco Chocolate lounge and enjoyed chocolate based cocktails. At first, I was skeptical but after tasting "the original sin" i was OK. Chocolate makes a good drink. Food was in small plates at happy hour but very good and plenty of choices

Visited September 2012
Hico
“Real French food, such a fun girl night out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I Googled girl night out and found this restaurant in San ANtonio - red velvet swing and chandeliers, so cute! Very Moulin Rouge and the food was wonderful both times I've gone. The service was great too. Excellent martinis and such a 20's throw-back with the giant booths, etc. We go early and leave before the dance part of it starts up - don't know anything about that part, just the restaurant. Met one of the owners, a wonderful gentleman from France who told us his story of how he brought it here. There's even a pastry chef int he back - no wonder it's so good!

• Visited February 2012