“Worst hotel I've ever stayed in.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #152 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Wiesbaden, Germany
“Worst hotel I've ever stayed in.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Absolute worst stay ever. After arriving on an international flight Monday afternoon, it's now Wednesday morning and I STILL don't have hot water in my hotel room. The afternoon staff makes light of it, saying they just need to reset the water heaters, but when I call in the mornings, the morning staff has no idea how to fix the problem, only saying "I don't know anything about showers," no offering to allow me to shower in another room, move my room or anything. Also, I feel very unsafe here. There are some unsavory characters in and around the hotel, and there is damage on the door indicating someone tried to pry it open with a crow bar. Hotel is noisy (train right outside my room) and breakfast is medicore at best. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Tony V, General Manager at Comfort Suites San Antonio at Rittiman, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
I am so glad we had a chance to speak today and get to the bottom of the issues. Thank you for your understanding and knowing that we will do everything to ensure that mistakes do not occur, and if they do, we will act appropriately to correct them and to make amends with our valued customers. We have made the necessary changes, we have improved, and we are waiting for your return to benefit from our unending hospitality. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This hotel will do nothing to accommodate and make your stay pleasant. I stated in my reservation that I would arrive around 3am. I walked into the lobby area around 320 due to airport delays only to be told without a previous phone call that my reservation will be charged a no show fee. It didn't end there! The receptionist (who actually tried to help) contacted the manager Andrew via telephone. The manager did nothing to attempt to accommodate or help us out even after being aware my wife who is full term pregnant and I did not have a place to sleep anymore unless I got charged another room for a higher fee in addition to the reservation I had already lost. We had to look for another hotel around 4 in the morning and had no option but to stay at what is considered a lower quality hotel which ironically had way better service. Unless you want to encounter insensitive and intransigent management, do not stay here!

• Stayed February 2014
Tony V, General Manager at Comfort Suites San Antonio at Rittiman, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
It is a terrible shame, we do apologize but please understand that this was not an issue with the hotel's policy...let me explain. Most travelers understand that if you would like to check in at 3am you are basically reserving that room for the evening before on a guaranteed reservation (no show only meant that the card was charged at the time the night's audit was run); so in this case you made a reservation for a late arrival guaranteed with your card. This ensures that the hotel holds your room ALL NIGHT regardless of whether you come in at 10pm or 3am, it is a convenience for the customer. The concern is that you did not understand that, and unfortunately the 'Third Party" you booked your reservation through did not adequately explain that to you. Please know that this was not a hotel error or fault of the industry's policies...and we had no knowledge of the third party's information they had given you. Had you wanted to stay through the next day you would have had to pay for a second night's stay, obviously. My question is you had a room that was already paid for for the night, why you chose to leave and go to another hotel was something out of our control...unfortunately it was a choice you made. You had a room and could have stayed until check out the following day. WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOU BACK, next time please book directly with us and we'd be happy to give you the service our guests are used to receiving.
Wetmore, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Room was clean. Easy to find, we were galloping about to the north and east so it was great for us. Not the place if you want to spend your time downtown. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a hit and miss. Good one day, not the next. Close to airport and a gas station on the corner (if you're renting a car). Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us here at the Comfort Suites. Our goal is to make everyone's stay as wonderful as possible, we hope you stay with us again in the future so please feel free to contact us directly the next time you visit San Antonio.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

My staff has stayed 2 times at Comfort Stes San Antonio at Rittiman Rd - October and December 2013. The hotel is close to Freeman Coliseum (5 miles). The rooms are clean and comfortable, there is a nice free breakfast, and Jimmy is very easy to work with. There were several changes to our staff and eveything was handled quickly and professionally. The price was great, especially with a Choice Hotels membership. This is our hotel of choice for Freeman Coliseum events, and we will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I want to thank you first of all for taking the time to comment on your experience with our Comfort Suites. We all work very hard to do all we can to make everyone's stay the best they have ever had and hearing positive comments is very rewording. I will be sharing your comments with the staff and thank them for their hard work. Thank you again and we look forward on your company continuing to stay with us.
Denison
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I can't enough great things about my stay here. Jimmy at the front desk was extremely helpful, and welcoming. The lobby was very clean, up to date and inviting. The room was very spacious, and the furniture was clean and comfortable. The 2 room suite concept was the best "Hotel Suite" I have stayed, and I have stayed in plenty. This one was the best so far. Price was very reasonable. I highly recommend this hotel. There where only 2 things that I would consider draw backs to the hotel, first was that they only put 1 cup of coffee in the room (Really, in a 4 person room, are you supposed to share 1 cup?) And the other was the elevator was the only thing that showed the age of the building. Not much they could do about that, but if not for the elevator, i would have thought they just built the place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side overlook another building, but that makes them nice and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tony V, General Manager at Comfort Suites San Antonio at Rittiman, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your compliments and comments on our hotel, we take a lot of pride in our hotel and always make sure that our guest receive the customer service they deserve. Making people feel welcome and making sure they are comfortable is very important to us, I will be happy to share your comments with my staff in our morning meeting. We are also currently doing a renovation on several items including the elevator which is a hard task to get done but we will find a way, thank you and please contact us on your next visit to San Antonio.
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I would have NEVER chosen this hotel on my own, we always stay at Hilton brand hotels. This reservation was made for me by the lodging facility at Brooke Army medical center when they didn't have a place for us on base. I can't believe that the law would allow for a hotel to be as close to a railroad track as this hotel is. Yes, it's across the highway, but just across the highway where the train goes through blowing it's horn as loudly as possible every hour on the hour all night long. The hotel shakes while this is happening! The
condition of the rooms... In desperate need of a reno, but considering the location by the tracks, why bother!

Stayed September 2013
I am very sorry for your experience and the issues with the train has been an on going thing. We have had several meetings with the city on this issue and had resolved this but from the sounds of it I must meet with them again. We are currently going through a renovation so we hope you give us another try and please contact me directly so I can make sure you are taken care of including a room away from the train. Thank you for your comment and will discuss on my next meeting.
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I always stay in comfort suites and whenever I am in San Antonio I try to stay in this facility. The employees are genuinely friendly and very professional. The hotel is extremely clean and in excellent condition. The rooms are very comfy and quite. I strongly recommend this facility.

Room Tip: no bad rooms here
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tony V, General Manager at Comfort Suites San Antonio at Rittiman, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing, we take a lot of pride on making sure our guest leave very happy. I will make sure to read your comment to my staff in our morning meeting and also thank them for their hard work. Hope to see you again very soon!

Been to Comfort Suites San Antonio at Rittiman? Share your experiences!