“TERRIBLE SERVICE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of HomeGate Studios & Suites San Antonio Fiesta Park

You added HomeGate Studios & Suites San Antonio Fiesta Park to your Saves list
HomeGate Studios & Suites San Antonio Fiesta Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10950 Laureate Dr, Bldg C, San Antonio, TX 78249 (Northwest Side)   |
Ranked #315 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
NC
“TERRIBLE SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

I was working in downtown San Antonio. These rooms are old and not updated and have staleness or bad odor.

Furthermore, while staying there I did not get housekeeping service for over a month. I constantly had to get my own towels and fresh sheets. When I asked the manager, frank, why I did not get any service, he would say they were short-staffed. I asked to be comped for lack of service and he never responded to my request. As a matter of fact, the owner was supposed to call me and never did.

I also noticed a cockroach invasion near the end of my stay.

In the end, I checked out and wrote them a check for the last amount I owed them in full to move to another hotel. Not only did they cash my check but they also charged my debit card, so i paid twice. After 5 phone calls, and hearing please call me back and trying to file a claim with my bank, I will be filing a charge with my police department.

The old adage that you get what you pay for is true.

Avoid this place.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

From the minute I checked in I was treated with very poor service to the time I checked out. I thought I had plan a very nice trip to Six Flag with my family. But the only sour part was comming to the Hotel and finding out that the reservation that I had booked a week prior wasn't even the right room. I was given a different room from what I booked and to top it off the sofa bed had dirty sheet from who ever stay in there last, like they hadn't been change in a whle. The room was also very musty and carpet look very old. When I went to complain about the wrong room after checking in, I came to find out that they were close for the night. I had to wait till moring to address it to the front desk.
when I did I was treated very un professional and told by the so call owner / manager that the discount that I was given over the phone and the traveler coupon guide book was to be consider a handicap room due to the price i was given and paid.
So they did not have to acomadate me in any way. Even thou I didn't get the room or beds that I paid for. I just have to say this is the worst place I have been to and cheaper is not all ways better. Its worth paying a little more for the known hotel places. A word of advise I would not recommend this place to anyone.....................!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Omaha
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

There were mattresses and box springs blocking our access to our room on the second floor. When I contacted the front desk, they said they would have maintenance take care of the problem. When we left 4 days later, the mattresses were still there.

The room was dirty when we arrived. The maid service simply refolded our bath towels and rehung them in the rack.

The breakfast area was small; all the food was located in one cramped area. There were no employees assigned to work the breakfast area. The tables were never bussed. When a food item was out, a guest had to go to the front desk to ask for the item to be refilled.

We will never stay there again and I would not recommend anyone staying in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Ft. Worth,TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

We were very disappointed to arrive and find that what was listed about the hotel wasn't correct. They have listed under popular amenities :pool,jacuzzi,business center and fitness center. This was misleading,because having access to those things doesn't mean you have them you just have access. All you have to do is go across the parking lot to the Quality Inn to use those popular amenities. We arrived a little early and asked if we might just complete the paperwork early to which we were given a resounding no! So our family and several others hung around in the small,poorly lit lobby until it was time. When we requested extra towels (since we decided to traipse over to the pool) we were told we were given four and we could trade those in when we needed more. The rooms were fine cleanliness-wise (although it was odd to find cigarette ashes all over the floor of a non smoking room). The decor left something to be desired. There were no bed skirts (which was odd to me),the drawers were missing the top piece where you would pull them out, the t.v. set sat on a swivel top at the edge of a small table (I was scared it would fall the entire time) and the front of the couch was stained (the bottom edge of it was black). I know you get what you pay for but even with the discount we overpaid.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2008

The rooms were great! Everything I expected, and location was really good! Close but not too close! We enjoyed our stay here!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
south padre island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

i was looking for a place that was close to fiesta texas and sea world, boy did i hit the spot. took the kids to fiesta texas then took the wife shopping at the mall down the street. there was plenty of night life around the area for me and the wife while the kids stayed at the hotel pool with the inlaws. rooms were clean and spacious, not to mention that the room had a big a fridge for our groceries. the front desk people new where everything was located in the city. all in all it was a great stay

• Liked — the spacious rooms
  • Disliked — hot weather
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
houstonsunflower
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2008

If you have been homeless for a year, then this is the place for you! We got a great rate, 15% off even, but that could not make up for the potholes & broken glass in the driveway, the fact that there was no carpet, the pool was really next door at the quality inn, the room was the dingiest I have ever been in, there was no way to watch tv from the bed, no windows in the bedroom...shall I continue?. I did read the reviews and thought I had been fairly warned but, NO! It is like Quality Inn sold off a wing to the Homegate Suites people. The registration office is not even a real office, it looks like a hotel room redone as one. I have been a member of hotels.com for a long time and they were kind enough to refund our money. So no matter how much you were looking to save money, you will not be able to sleep if you stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to HomeGate Studios & Suites San Antonio Fiesta Park? Share your experiences!