“Like staying with Friends” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn San Antonio/Near Six Flags Fiesta Texas

You added Howard Johnson Inn San Antonio/Near Six Flags Fiesta Texas to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn San Antonio/Near Six Flags Fiesta Texas
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13279 IH-10 West, San Antonio, TX 78249 (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #227 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Ozarks
“Like staying with Friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

This was our first time at a Howard Johnson and the hotel was attractively done, the price was very nice and the breakfast being included was just amazing. We stayed 4 nights and each morning was eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, donuts, muffins, cereal, waffles, bagels ect. We ate in our jammies and got around nice and slow, no rush.
Bigger than all of this, we came to San Antonio to visit a brother, and the second day of our stay I got a call from home in Missouri that our dad died. I was not near a fax of my own or anything I needed for such an event. BUT, the general manager of the hotel, Labib is his name, faxed funeral stuff out for me, received faxes for me, and was all around a fine and compassionate new friend. Sarah at the front desk, also helped us plan our day trips with her great suggestions. Go and enjoy!!

Room Tip: We had a downstairs room near the office. The walk to breakfast was close but it was farther from th...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Labib H, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn San Antonio/Near Six Flags Fiesta Texas, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
First off, I would like to give you and the family our condolences from the staff here at Howard Johnson. I'm glad we were able to help you out during your stay here. There's no reason why you should have to step out to Kinkos to fax or copy something when we have those services available for you at the front desk. It makes me happy to know that your stay was nothing less than comfortable. I thank you for taking the time out to leave us a review. We'll see you on your future travels into San Antonio.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

Staff is very friendly and helpful to a fault. Location is central to all of the local attractions. All of the aminities measure up to much higher priced motels in the area. Clean rooms, well lit parking and the hot breakfast is a bonus. I will be staying here again. Check it out.

• Stayed April 2012
Labib H, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn San Antonio/Near Six Flags Fiesta Texas, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
I would like to thank you for leaving us a review on Trip Advisor. We are located 2 exits away from Six Flags and roughly about 15 minutes from SeaWorld and Downtown. Being centrally located to everything is a big plus for us. If there is anything else we can do for you on your future travels, please let us know.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

My first time staying at a Howard Johnson property. I cannot give it higher marks. I checked it at 1145 am. I was given a room for an early check-in. The front desk agent was extremely well spoken, while providing me with the highest posssible level of customer service and courtesy. The room was very clean and well equipped as was the entire facility for a hotel in the two star category. The management staff was equally approachable and receptive to input and discussion. Keep in mind this was all delivered with this hotel being one of the lowest rates in this part of the city. Finally, it seems as if this high standard was normal operating procedure. I highly recommend the HOJO Express Inn S.A. to anyone and will be returning in the future myself.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for visiting our property when you came into San Antonio. We try our best to get our guest's into a room as soon as we can, even though check out time is 11 am. Sometimes, it tends to be tough, but if and when we have something available, we make sure that any guest, such as yourself, can get in there and rest up a bit. Usually, our check in time is 2pm, but the way I see it, if we have a room available, we are more than happy to accomodate your needs. Thanks again.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I was here to visit some family and the staff made it a memorable one. I was lost all the time and could always depend on someone at the front to give me good directions. Room was clean and comfortable, although, it wasn't anything out of this world. If you want something like that, you'd have to stay at a Marriott and pay Marriott prices. My rate was relatively cheap compared to all other hotels in the area. All I needed was a place to lay my head down.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Hope everything went well with the family when you were in San Antonio. I'm happy to know you were able to navigate through the city with the directions our front desk gave to you. Please keep us in mind for any of your future travels to this wonderful city.
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

The customer service at this hotel/motel is always extraordinary. This is the main reason that I return to this property. Front desk personel are always VERY helpful and courteous. Property is well kept and clean and safe. Kudos

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
We thank you for leaving us a review on Trip Advisor. If we can be of any assistance on your future travels, don't hesitate to contact us directly.
Dowagiac, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I read a lot of reviews about this hotel and thought I would give my opinion. If you are looking for a luxury hotel, this is not the place to stay. It is an older hotel and a little shabby. Rooms are clean, hot breakfast is good, staff is friendly, free wi-fi and nice small pool area. It is a budget hotel, don't expect more.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Labib H, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn San Antonio/Near Six Flags Fiesta Texas, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Thank you very much for leaving us a review here on TripAdvisor. We strive to do our best in all departments including housekeeping. Our exterior renovation recently got completed. The interior renovations have already begun little by little through out some rooms. Since we're located at a prime spot in the city, it gets to be challenging to go full force with renovations. Nonetheless, we have broken it down in phases to where it doesn't affect any of our guests in the process. Before you know it, we'll be able to offer a 5 star product at a 2 or 3 star price. The guests that stay on a regular basis and that have stayed on a regular basis prior to new management have seen drastic positive changes. I know you have plenty of hotels to choose from and am delighted that you chose ours. We hope to see you soon if you're ever in the city again.
Santander, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Location: This hotel is not in downtown San Antonio but on the outskirts, which is a disadvantage since it is quite nice to be able to walk out of your hotel and stroll, but if budget is the game HoJo is the name. Otherwise it is well located in terms of accessibility to the river walk area and to the missions. As to parking in San Antonio the cheapest one we found was at Denny’s on Elm and commerce. It is 10 dollars but only until 4pm. If you want to stay longer than the parking of Rivercenter mall 849 East Commerce Street is a maximum of 18 dollars a day so it is also a good bargain.
Room: We stayed in a king room which was fine spacious and clean. We had a fridge and a microwave oven, and the bed was comfy.
Service: Lacking. When we first used the toilet all the water came out a flooded the bath room. I closed the entry faucet and went to reception. To my surprise the solution they gave me was few old towels so that I could take the water out and an advice not to use the toilet until tomorrow. Since I do not like to make big fuss out of things I cleaned up the mess myself and fixed to toilet. The next day no one even bothered to ask me if things we ok?
Extras: Free Wi-Fi, slow and weak signal. Free breakfast, the breakfast is nice but the breakfast are was rather dirty and the seats were filed with old food spills and very dirty. You do not have to be a hotel genius to know that cloth is not the best material for chairs in a common breakfast area.
Quality price ratio: We got a good deal on the hotel site (we stayed for three nights) so price was good quality was also good with the exception of service so I think 7/10 is fair.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Labib H, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn San Antonio/Near Six Flags Fiesta Texas, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
We certainly appreciate the time you took out to give us some constructive criticism that we can better ourselves with. There is nothing better than receiving fine service in this industry. We try our hardest to keep our chairs clean in our breakfast area on a daily basis, but sometimes, it does slip the crack when we get caught up in doing other things and I certainly apolgize for that. We offer hot breakfast items that would satisfy the taste buds and get you on the road until lunch time. We thank you for your business and hope to keep you Happy at Hojo on your next trip in to San Antonio.

Been to Howard Johnson Inn San Antonio/Near Six Flags Fiesta Texas? Share your experiences!