“Clean motel and friendly check in by Raj” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada San Antonio/Near SeaWorld

You added Ramada San Antonio/Near SeaWorld to your Saves list
Ramada San Antonio/Near SeaWorld
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   7043 Culebra Road, San Antonio, TX 78238 (Formerly Ramada Limited) (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #134 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Dallas, TX
“Clean motel and friendly check in by Raj”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed during Labor day 2012.
We had two rooms 213 and 214 we stayed for one night, My first impression looks like la Quinta.
I was wrong, I had really easy check- in and once in my rooms I noticed tidy, clean room, the rooms have a good seize bathrooms and decorations are up to date. Beds are very comfortable and the sheets look new. Overall a good experience and would stay here again much better than la Quinta. The breakfast is ok, ready to get you started.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
RamadaSanAntonio, General Manager at Ramada San Antonio/Near SeaWorld, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback and we are glad that we exceeded your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I was a little concerned about this location because I booked on Hotwire. It looked dated in the photos and had read some negative reviews. All in all, our experience was good. We only stayed one night and didn't have the breakfast. We always have our own with us. Our room was clean and we were given a non-smoking room as requested, even though Hotwire can't guarantee it. Staff was friendly.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
RamadaSanAntonio, General Manager at Ramada San Antonio/Near SeaWorld, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you very much for your response. Your review is very important to us and that gives us an opportunity to improve ourselves as a Ramada. We can assure you that we will do our best to meet your expectations with Ramada on your next stay. Thank you.
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Chose this motel due to its' location close to Lackland, and the Ramada name. I gave it two stars only due to the fact that the staff was wonderful!!! Our room's air conditioner had been leaking and didn't realize until the second day that half of the carpet was soaked and the room was musty smelling. We didn't report this right away, due to the fact that my husband didn't want to change rooms, and thought surely the housekeeping would report it. The rest of the carpet was vaccuumed, however, filthy, you couldnt walk on it at all without shoes or the bottoms of your feet would be black. Definitely does not live up to the Ramada name and price. Much nicer motels in same location, won't visit a Ramada again. OH, and it is located right across the street from the fire department and police department, good luck sleeping through the night!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We are sorry that you could not be able to enjoy our hotel overall. Although we wish that you could have called us on the same day so we would have taken care the issue, please fee free to call me directly at 210-521-145 (Ext. 245) and I will be glad to assist you. Thanks.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

After a rough and crappy day with other motels this one saved our lives!!!! Great room. Clean and great tv. Manager Hiren or something was incredibly NICE

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Ramada San Antonio/Near SeaWorld, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
I thank you personally for comments and we were truely glad to meet your expectations.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here when I had to attend my husbands Lackland basic training graduation. It was a good location overall, really easy access to the main roads and has Wendy's, Denny's and a couple other restaurants within walking distance. I actually ended up in a handicapped room due to availability but it was in no way a problem. I had several of my in-laws book here as well without encountering any problems. I felt safe while here even being a young woman alone and I thought that the room was well kept and clean. They give plenty of towels and toiletries that I didn't need to use much of anything I brought. The continental breakfast was good and simple with even some prepackaged food if you are on the go. My only problem was that from my room I could see the Wendys drive-through window which in itself was not a problem but I could also hear people ordering. Thankfully, however the AC made it barely noticeable.

• Stayed February 2012
RamadaSanAntonio, General Manager at Ramada San Antonio/Near SeaWorld, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Ramada San Antonio Seaworld Area while attending the military basic training graduation. We are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. Feel free to call us back when you come back to San Antonio, Texas.
Galloway, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed here for Lackland Graduation. We arrived before check in time and to my surprise they had our room ready. It was very nice 2 queen size beds, fridge,microwave, hair dryer,coffee pot. A nice table and chairs to sit at for work or eating. The beds were very comfortable,3 queen size pillows and a small deco one,made for a great nights sleep. The air conditioner was great, it was so hot! The bathroom was clean,had a great shower massage shower head,perfect after a day at Lackland AFB. They have a continental breakfast, cereal, bagels, Danish,muffins fruit, coffee, tea,juice,yogurt and the best waffles. You make them yourself, they are shaped like the state of Texas! The staff was great! Every time I needed something they were there to help. I needed scissors boom scissors, I needed an envelope I got one, needed help with the Internet, I got it, maps yes! San Antonio freeways are a nightmare! They are not user friendly to those who have never been to San Antonio. So the staff was very helpful getting us where we wanted to go. They also have a pool looked very nice but do to a very busy weekend never got to go for a swim.

Room Tip: Rooms facing La Quinta are very quiet. They are on the backside of the hotel. Also use gps to get ar...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Please come back and see us soon.
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights and it appears the cleaning staff does not do a good job of cleaning. When we returned from our outing the mirros were still dirty, the coffee pot
had dust which indicates nothing was dusted. There was a small roach on the shower curtain and the sink was leaking water from underneath which caused a foul smell because carpet was getting wet. I believe the cleaning staff just goes in and vacuums and changes bed covers if needed and provides new towels other than that they don't wipe stuff down. My son walked around in his white socks after showering and they were filthy, only shows how dirty carpet is. They need to hire more cleaning staff or make sure the cleaning staff is doing their job because it is gross. Just imagine the germs on the phone, tv remote, door knobs, etc. that is why it is important that everything gets wiped. We also noticed some sort of stain on the wall in the restroom.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
RamadaSanAntonio, General Manager at Ramada San Antonio/Near SeaWorld, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Apparently your experience was anything less than satisfying. We do believe in providing quality service and exceeding the expectations. While we also address the issue with our staff, I am available at (210) 521 1485 Ext. 245 to assist you with your concern anytime.

Been to Ramada San Antonio/Near SeaWorld? Share your experiences!