Upon arriving at Staybridge Suites I noticed quite a few men hanging around the front entrance. Quite a few business vehicles (such as construction companies), a dirty curtain in one of the lower front windows. Frankly, my sister and I were hesitant about going in! We had, however, booked our stay w/Priceline and wouldn't be able to get a refund. So, in we go.
The young woman at the front desk was really very nice; and we were checked in quickly. Our room was OK; but we had just stayed at the Doubletree and expected more for the $15 extra that Staybridge charged.
The room had a dirty feeling. Frumpy sofa, rumpled bed, a bit of dirt on the bathroom floor, badly in need of paint. We were given a handicap room (though we didn't need it) and had a trouble w/water getting out of the walk-in shower. Actually a LOT of water came out which we mopped up w/towels.
The bed was comfortable and the linens felt like a good quality. There were 2 tv's with lots of channels.
Not all was bad; but I would not return nor recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites Northwest Colonnade offers guests a pleasant atmosphere, accessible location, and many of the same comforts of home. Our 3-story, interior corridor hotel is ideally located next door to the San Antonio Medical Center, at Interstate 10 West/Wurzbach, which provides easy access to the South Texas Medical Center, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Shops at La Cantera, and a 10 minute drive to our famous Alamo, and River Walk. We are also only located 12 miles (20 minutes) from the San Antonio International Airport (SAT) and located conveniently to top companies like USAA, USTA, Harris Corp and Toyota. We have studio, 1 bedroom, and 2 bedroom suites, each with full kitchens that are sure to meet the needs of any traveler, whether it be for a night, a week or longer. Pets are also welcome at a minimal fee. During your stay, we invite you to take advantage of our well-equipped fitness center and free laundry services. A refreshing outdoor pool, sports court and BBQ pavilion are also provided for your recreation. Each morning, be sure to visit our hotel s complimentary hot breakfast buffet, and in the evening, join us in our community great room for complimentary beverages and hors d oeuvres Tuesday - Thursday. We also have wireless Internet throughout the hotel, free of charge. As you plan your trip, we encourage you to explore our excellent rates and make your reservation today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Staybridge Suites San Antonio NW Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites San Antonio Nw-Colonnade Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Staybridge Suites