“Great stay in an awesome location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place San Antonio Northwest

You added Hyatt Place San Antonio Northwest to your Saves list
Hyatt Place San Antonio Northwest
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4303 Hyatt Place Drive, San Antonio, TX 78230 (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #65 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Spring, Texas
“Great stay in an awesome location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place Northwest for 4 nights as part of a weeklong training for work.

The hotel is in a great location, with easy access to lots of restaurants and shopping. It was very clean and well lit, the employees were extremely courteous and always willing to help with any questions I had.

The room was very spacious, with a comfortable sitting area, a large TV and a very relaxing bed. I was extremely pleased with my stay and will definitely stay again when I'm back in San Antonio.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have stayed at the Hyatt Place twice this year and have had excellent experiences both times. The rooms are clean with comfortable beds. The location close to I-10 makes it easy to get around the medical section of S.A..The staff have gone out of their way to make us feel welcomed and appreciated. I highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

Upshot: cheap, fairly cheerful, good rooms, otherwise no-thrills.

Medium-sized party of us stayed here for a business trip.
Location: It's in a strip mall well to the North of the city, but we had no trouble getting cabs/Uber, and the hotel shuttle was extremely accommodating at getting us to/from our office.
You won't be eating in the hotel (unless desperate), but you have some good chain options in very easy walking distance - Pappasito's was our favorite.

Pros:
1.large, comfortable room, with a good bed.
2.Pretty good free wifi.
3. Easy from the airport - 15mins or so.
4. no issues with noise this stay
5. The staff are EXCELLENT - friendly and helpful.

Negatives:
1. On entering my room, I found a body. Ok, it was a live body (not a corpse), but I did get a shock. Turns out they put me in an occupied room. No problem, they found me a new one, and it was more funny that outrageous.
2.The public areas of this hotel are tired and scruffy. Especially the elevators.
3. As a colleague remarked, "I keep expecting to find a hair in my food". In fairness we didn't, but the daily breakfast assortment was so lack-luster and tired that we wouldn't have been surprised.
4. My room was a bit tired and not totally sparkling (but not really bad). For an example of what I mean by tired, the clock-radio was playing a jaunty tune when I first entered my (new) room. I couldn't turn it off, as all the buttons and labels had worn down. I had to unplug it. However the bed was pristine - that would have been a deal-breaker.

Next time, if I can, I'll try and stay at the Omni up the road. But for $100/night, you can't really expect better than this.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Leland, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

This hotel is wonderful. The staff is very accommodating. This morning after breakfast I asked if they had any bananas, thinking I would purchase one. The staff went into the kitchen and brought me one. Didn't charge. The room is spacious with a sitting area separated from the bed, and a desk in a separate alcove. The bed itself is quite comfortable. I was having a little trouble with my computer and a staff member offered to help me with it. The only objection I have is the fan in the room There is no thermostat so it runs all the time. I also wish it had an in room safe. In spite of that I will stay here when I come to San Antonio. It is my new favorite place to stay when I visit my daughter. In addition the price was great.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Lake Jackson, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

Biggest problem was that the computers were down and we had to be escorted to our room since they could not get us a room key. Never a wait, but still a hassle. The rooms are very big and well furnished. Breakfast offerings could have been better. It was limited, but you could find something to eat. We would stay again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

Starting from the beginning, when pulling up there was ample free parking. Once inside I was greeted by very cheerful and pleasant staff, they asked if I had any room locations preferences. I asked for a quiet room any they put me on the top floor in a corner, literally, could not get quieter than that, no foot traffic, elevators, or people above me. Once in the room, it was larger than expected, it was all one room, but a bed area and a sitting area. There was a since and fridge, but no microwave, not a big deal, but just seemed odd for the kitchenette to have the sink and fridge, but no microwave. I wanted a night in to relax, so used the free WiFi (yes free) to watch a movie. Streamed some music first and then a movie, never any buffering or any issues, I was actually impressed by the hotels WiFi. I usually have to pay for much worse, so I was scared when it was free, but it was top notch. The next morning I went downstairs to the free breakfast, it was nothing to write-home about, but it was good. I had my choice of several hot items (meat/eggs/french toast), which change daily. There was also fruit, bread, muffins, juices, and coffee. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but it was enough to start the day and I did not have to sink any more money into a quick meal. Later that night I showered (friends reading this will not believe that, but I really did), the shower drained fine, but the water pressure was a little on the light side. I like water that takes the skin with it, this came out fine, but was not hard enough in my opinion. A day later I ran out of soap (the soap holder is under the water so it washing away fast)(also I hung up the do no disturb sign, so not their fault for not restocking), when I went downstairs the staff was incredibly helpful. I simply asked for shampoo and soap, so I was expecting a bar of soap and one shampoo. Nope, they filled a little bag with 2 shampoos, 2 conditioner, and 2 different types of soap. I know this is simple, but it was a certain feel that they wanted to make me happy and make my stay pleasant.

This hotel is not a resort, but it really got the job done for me at a great price. I would absolutely stay here again if I needed a hotel in the area. Oh, speaking of the area, there were a bunch of places to eat nearby. Many within walking distance, just adding to what the hotel and area have to offer.

Oh, forgot, the pool is outside and freezing. It was high 80s or low 90s, but the water was not refreshing, it was frigid. I'm a sissy when it comes to water, but I know glacial runoff when I feel it. So for me, this hotel did not have a pool.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Rennmaus111
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights end of September. The rooms were clean, parking an Wifi free. Breakfast also free but VERY crowded on the weekends.. and they put away the breakfast food/beverages at exactly 10 AM so some people who hardly managed to find a place to eat could not refill their plates and coffee cause everything was gone early. I was a little frustrated with that cause the hotel staff was chatting and standing around most of the time and hardly cleaned the tables or put fresh stuff out but was very fast with putting removing the breakfast foods/drinks.
Besides that the staff was friendly, the rooms clean and the location great for seeing the attractions of the city with little driving time.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place San Antonio Northwest? Share your experiences!