“Pleasant staff- Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place San Antonio Northwest

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place San Antonio Northwest to your Saves list
Hyatt Place San Antonio Northwest
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4303 Hyatt Place Drive, San Antonio, TX 78230 (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #43 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“Pleasant staff- Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I am partial to the Hilton brands but this was a pleasant surprise. The rooms were large and clean. Major issue was the air conditioning. It was so loud that in order to sleep I had to switch it off. By morning, I woke up too warm with a feeling of lack of air circulation in the room. Otherwise, it was a nice room.

• Stayed September 2012

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Mansfield, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

At first drive-up, the hotel looks amazing, the lobby amazing until you get to the front desk staff. Granted I had a late-arrival at 10 pm it took up until 10:45 to "walk -me" into my room after making the hotel reservation over the phone by the front desk staff at hand. The two ladies looked to be flustered and in need of an iron and new orange sweaters, One of the ladies was totally wrinkled and the other looked in charge, but with with a hole in her sweater.

Thoroughly enjoyed the spacious rooms and the layout. It's just sad that first impressions have a way of swaying what you tend to expect for what your paying for.

Front Desk agents need to be retrained in "HOSPITALITY" no matter what the timeof day is.

Ann in Mansfield

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Round Rock, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed in this hotel during a visit to Sea World/Six Flags and what a deception...
The staff is not friendly at all, since the check-in through the check-out.
In the morning I arrived with my sun to the breakfast and it was 15 min to close but there was nothing more to eat and the lady was very rude when I asked about things.
I was counting much more in a Hyatt location!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

If in real estate location is everything, then this is hotel is the jewel of the crown in NW San Antonio. You are close to everything! Medical Center, La Cantera, The Rim are just minutes away. The hotel is as nice as you can expect (and more!) The rooms are HUGE, and they are really suites, with separate sitting area. HUGE HD TV, comfy beds... I really liked the place! Well, the air conditioning is a bit on the loud side, but thats just the way it is.
I have to mention that the two restaurants half a block away are great as well. The County Line is probably one of the finest BBQ restaurants in Texas (don't miss the $11 beef rib plate) and across the street, Sea Island is one of my favorite seafood restaurants in SA. Here, please, don't miss the lemon pepper shrimp skewers. Just delicious!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool side are much quieter, and those in the sixth floor have a beautiful view and...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 days in august. The rooms were large enough to accommodate 2 adults a 6 year old and our pack and play for our infant. The check in was prompt and our room was available to us 2 hours before the posted check in time. I found the room clean and well appointed.
We were facing the freeway but due to the hotel being set back we never were bothered by road noise.
The hot breakfast was very good and had a decent selection from pancakes and breakfast sandwiches to cereal and bagels. The staff was extremely helpful and very sweet to my two girls.
I highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again when we make a return trip to San Antonio :)

• Stayed August 2012
McKinney, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I typically love Hyatt Place, and thought I would love this one as well. We stayed for two nights last weekend, and although the hotel itself is fine, the service was lacking. Every customer touch point was missing something. So, no love here. For example, I was able to book through Hyatt Gold Passport, two nights free using my points, smooth, easy, great service,No problems. A few days later, I called to the hotel to confirm our reservation, checking to make sure they gave us the same room for both evenings. The hotel did not secure the same room for us for both evenings. I had to really insist that yes, we really did want to stay in the same room for both evenings. once we got to the hotel, there were other little issues ( that add up to a less than stellar experience). for example, the bedding on the pull out sofa had blood stains on them, very unappealing in a blanket for my daughter. Or the number of towels in the room... They knew there were three of us, they should have supplied sufficient number of towels. The free breakfast area... So many people showing up for the free breakfast, yet not enough places to sit for everyone. The elevators... We had to wait ten minutes for boatloads of people to come and go, with only two small elevators for 6 floors of people. Or, the lack of bottled water in the room, even for a fee. The lack of a newspaper. Or the lack of body lotion with the bath amenities. Poor cable connection for the TV ( a sin during the Olympics).

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lake City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed here for one night during visit to San Antonio. The room is nicely decorated and definitely clean. The breakfast was really good, great variety and I like the fact that they cooked the breakfast sandwiches fresh. Overall very solid 3 star.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place San Antonio Northwest? Share your experiences!