“Will stay here again!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #160 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Oklahoma City
“Will stay here again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel last summer, but when booking our vacation this year I picked a different hotel - big mistake!!! The Super 8 I booked had filthy sheets when we turned down both beds. What I am hoping was chocolate was smeared down the sheets along with orange fingerprints - probably from cheetos. Needless to say we were not staying in that nasty place so (almost in tears) I call Howard Johnson. They can get us in for 2 of our 4 nights in San Antonio so we gladly take them and figure we will figure something else out for th other 2 nights. When we get to HOJO it was after 9:00pm. Loretta was at the front desk (same lady that wa there last year when we checked in!) sweet sweet lady. Checked us in AND was able to make some adjustment and book us for our other 2 needed nights even tho there was a large convention coming to town and they were full! Room was ice cold when we walked in every evening, clean, fresh towels, pool and hot tub were great. Will stay here again! Thanks HOJO!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cabot, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

I dont know where to begin, We arrived, Not expecting anything spectacular for the price, but according to the reviews, we thought we would be comfortable. We stayed for 3 nights, and it was terrible.
The rooms smelled, not a major issue. We had 2 connecting rooms, which were very large, but we moved the 2 beds together in one, and it was discusting behind the beds. After a couple of days, we noticed bugs everywhere. The biggest issue was that my mother had a bottle of valuim stolen from her room. She one the night prior, and we went to Sea world that next day. Came back and they were gone. I addressed with the hotel management, and nothing was done. I have called numerous times, and still no response. Left several messages with the manager and have not heard a word. My next step is to file a complaint with HOJO.com Some of the rooms have safes, but you have to pay to use them.
The rooms are in a courtyard, which makes you feel secure, but the door locks to the outside do not work, which defeats the whole purpose. If you are young without a family, and looking for something cheap, it may get you by. Also, there was this guy there that was parked in one of the spots, out side in the evenings with beer and different women each night, and there was also a homeless man sleeping on the property one night. Would not reccomend, especially if you have a family, and are traveling with nice things, wouldnt reccomend it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010 via mobile

The service was amazing we woke up too late for breakfast but the woman at the front desk still offered to get us a little something. The room was immaculate, one of like 12 outlets didn't work but there was so many it was not an issue. The pool side view was perfect to wake up to.

• Stayed May 2010
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

This was one of the best hotels i've stayed at. Better than crown plaza. It needs to improve on the room cleaning, but other than that everything was great. The breakfast was awesome. It had waffles,cereal , milk, coffe, and more. The staff was very friendly and helpful.I would defenitly saty here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

the staff was extremely helpful and friendly they were very great with our kids lots of other family travelors pool was great laura and marjie were great employees i will definately stay here again

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
toni1216
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

My husband, two boys and myself spent the weekend in San Antonio and we chose this hotel because the reviews were great and the rates were very reasonable. Everything was well until Saturday night my two year old got sick and threw up on the bed. Before we left for Seaworld the next morning I told the front desk that we would need some clean linen for the bed since my sun had an accident. We were gone all day and didn't return until 8 or 9 that night. When we got back to our room the beds were nicely made and the comforter was spread. However, much to my shock and disgust the housekeeper simply respread the same sheets with the puke on it and then covered it all up with the comforter. The puke was dried into the bed sheets and everything spelled like it. I called down to the front desk and they told me that there was no housekeeping available so I had to go down and get the linens myself and then make the bed, myself. The hotel is very nice, the staff is very nice, but their housekeeping needs a lot of work. That one little incident really turned me off and I will not be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
charleston, south carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

The staff was great especially front desk clerk Laura and a helper named Martha. Very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Central San Antonio? Share your experiences!