“We were greeted and served by Laura who made sure all was...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #160 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio
“We were greeted and served by Laura who made sure all was...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We were greeted and served by Laura who made sure all was in order for our weekend stay. The room was clean, spacious, and pleasant to stay in. Even though there were dance and cheerleading groups on premises the place was very quiet to stay at. We enjoyed the breakfast they had to offer. Will definitely be coming back to this site.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Sarah S, Director of Sales at Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Central San Antonio, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for being our guest at the Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Central. We appreciate the positive feedback you provided regarding your stay. We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to San Antonio. Thanks again!

Howard Johnson Suites Central
6901 W. Interstate 10
San Antonio Texas 78213
hojosalessa@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I just want to start by sayin that it was a great experience to stay at this hotel..the hospitality was excellent. David the employee at this hotel was a great person through him we reserve bunch of room. At the time of arrival he was present, which made the checking quick they had our room ready. The breakfast was good and staff very friendly

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for being our Guest at the Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Central. We appreciate the positive feedback you provided regarding your stay. We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to San Antonio. Thanks again!

Howard Johnson Suites Central
6901 W. Interstate 10
San Antonio Texas 78213
San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

although we had a good experience with this hotel if we are ever in the San Antonio area again we would not stay here because of its location.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Dear Valued Geust,
We are not happy to hear that. We hope that you would reconsider since we do value every guest. Though we cannot move our location, maybe we can compensate - let us know what would be fair. Thank you for staying.

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

The staying at this hotel cost me $260.00 and for those $260.00 I got a room that smell like sewer, a burned carpet, a few roaches, dusty and sticky furniture, and a horrible attitude from the front desk person. Also the hotel is in horrible condition, is old and outdated, people take their dogs in and wile there is nothing wrong with a pet friendly hotel there were guest with dogs and this guess let their dog pee in the hall way, I informed two different font desk people about this and no one did anything about it I left and the hallway smell horrible and the stain was there. When I address my situation about the poor hygiene and the sewer smell in my room, the front desk clerk say she was going to take care of it, I was on vacation so I just ask her to call and let me know what we needed to do, I never got a call, when I got back to my room that night nothing was taken care, i spoke to a different person in the front desk and she tell me they were planing to move me to another room but I came back super late (I am sorry if I did not come back, I did not know I had to plan my vacation around your inconveniences). When I check out and the firs front desk agent (I know the name but I will not disclose it) whenever I was addressing my issues to the manager she interrupted when I say nobody call me the day before to informed me the situation of my room, her answer was, "like I say, I got really busy yesterday". I just couldn't believe the poor professionalism and the deplorable conditions of the facilities, bottom line this hotel was not worth $89 a night. I do not recommended this hotel to anyone. I also have pictures that I will love to post but the website is not allowing me post them, I guess is a good thing for the hotel, so they people wont see how nasty it was.

Lewisville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Super helpful and sweet desk staff. The breakfast was great, although ending at 9:30 was kinda not cool. The room was huge, it had 2 green beds and a sitting area with a couch and coffee table. It fit me, my mother in law, and 3 kids very nicely. It really felt like home. I loved the nice courtyard and wished it was warmer so we could use the pool. Im not sure what the nightly price was because I booked it through vacations made easy and it was a package deal with seaworld tickets. As a package deal though I was super impressed. They were fully booked but you would have never known. The gps wasn't a fan of the area so we did get lost and circle around a bit. I guess my only complaint would be that there wasn't an elevator. I would defiantly stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for being our guest at the Howard Johnson suites Central. We are always glad to hear from Guests who enjoyed their stay. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to San Antonio. We appreciate you taking the time to give us you positive feedback!

Sales Director

Been to Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Central San Antonio? Share your experiences!