“Bad service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont San Antonio Wurzbach / Medical Center

You added Baymont San Antonio Wurzbach / Medical Center to your Saves list
Baymont San Antonio Wurzbach / Medical Center
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9542 I-10 West, San Antonio, TX 78230 (Formerly La Quinta) (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #260 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Mexico
“Bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We travel a lot to the U.S. and other countries around the world consistently.
We booked the hotel online Baymont Inn and Suites San Antonio Wurzbach, USA, 06/april/2012 12/april/2012 because it was supposed that we would have 2 double beds and 2 extra beds, plus what we chose it because it belong to an excellent group of hotels .

But we've never had so many complaints of a hotel, the enlisted below:
1) The night of our arrival we were told they did not have extra beds and told us they did not care that we had it written on the reservation.
2) The next day we explained at frontdesk that we had booked 2 double beds and 2 extra beds and we had it in writing. Miss Diana the receptionist said that it was not her problem and that we revise it in Mexico. We had to beg her to put us at least 1 extra bed, because we would be 7 days in the hotel, to which she reply that perhaps in a very bad mood.
3) 2 days did not clean completely the room: the bathroom dirty, dirty toilet, garbage cans filled, beds unmade, dirty towels.
4) We complain daily to Miss Diana and she only laugh angry and said she could not do anything, only she can pass the message.
5) Every day that we had to chase the waitress for us to change the dirty towels.
6) The breakfast area was very dirty and if it ran out of food, Miss Diana did not put more, she was always bad and rude to all customers, especially Mexicans, and we were many in the hotel.
7) One day the water of the shower was cold, we notified Miss Diana to reception and said she did not know what happened, that it was rare and did nothing about it. We had to bathe with cold water
8) Never changed the sheets and blankets on beds, were poorly tended.
9) The bathroom floor was always dirty and the carpet also.
10) Did not put cups, just put them on the first day we arrived.
11) The floor of the parking lot was full of trash.
12) We asked to Miss Diana several times that we want to talk to the Hotel Manager and always she told us that the manager was on a board, that the manager was not in the hotel, that she did not know at what time the manager would come ... and she not let us talk to the manager never.
13) On Tuesday April 10 at night we asked the receptionist Miss Olga at frontdesk to change us dirty towels, give us toilet paper, kleenex, soap, shampoo, because they had not done again the cleanliness of the room. We asked to speak again to the manager, Miss Olga told us that she would tell the manager to call us in the morning, but we never received the call of the manager.
14) At the time of checkout we did not get any service survey to answer.

For the above mentioned, in these past holidays that we were in your hotel, rather than have fun and enjoy, only we had suffered and your staff laughing at us, as if we were asking the service for charity.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Orem
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for a week. I had read all of the reviews online and thought it would be a nice friendly place. The first day we got there, there was no hot water. When I called the front desk, the person working was rude and informed me that no one else had complained about no hot water so it was my problem. Then when my fiance called she lied to him and said they had a plumber come out and he said there was nothing wrong. When I went to the front desk they said they hadn't even called the plumber yet. Then when looking for a shoe that I thought had slipped under the bed I found half a dozen empty beer cans, and numerous empty alcohol bottles. We also found rotten fruit and other people's hair in the the bathroom. Then the entire week we were there housekeeping only cleaned once in which time they managed to vacuum up my laptop cord ruining it. The last morning of our stay we also had 3 different people from housekeeping just walk in our room without knocking or anything while we were getting ready. This place was an absolute NIGHTMARE!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012 via mobile

We bid on our rooms through Priceline.com not having a clue what we were getting ourselves into. We took our 6 year old daughter to Sea World and Six Flags for her first Spring Break trip. Imagine our disappointment when we pulled up to this Bates Motel-looking establishment. When my husband pulled up I immediately became soooo pissed. I begged him to take us somewhere else but we were on a budget and couldn't afford to let $185.00 just go to waste. We opened the door to our room and saw dirty, dingy, stained carpet that wreaked of old musty moldiness. The bed linens looked ok but I still didn't trust. So much that we slept on top of the bedspread the entire stay. The bathroom was disgusting and dirty and humid!!!! You could tell that years of moisture in the room was a breeding ground for mold!!! I wouldn't let my daughter or my husband walk around without shoes on their feet the entire time! I could barely brush my teeth in the bathroom without wanting to gag. The first night we took showers, everything was ok. But the next two days....NO HOT WATER!!!!!! Talk about pissed!!!!! My husband went to the front desk and complained about the water situation. They sent the maintenance guy down to check it. After he checked it, he said he would be right back. Do you think he ever came back?? So, my child didn't even shower for two days!!!! By the end of our stay we were so upset and disgusted that we left as soon as we could get dressed and pack our car. We learned to never trust a Priceline hotel rating below 3 stars and to never skimp on hotels when traveling. Next time we will be sure to budget for a hotel we KNOW we would be comfortable in. This was the dirtiest nastiest place I have ever stayed and I will tell everyone I know to NEVER stay at Baymont!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

After a terrible experience at a Baymont Inn in Amarillo, I decided to give them a second chance because with 4 nights you got 25% off thru hotels.com. It wasn't worth the savings. I hardly know where to begin with all the things wrong with this place. Hairs on the floor of the bathroom, hairs clinging to the shower curtain, the soap & shampoo containers from the last guest still sitting in the tub. That's their idea of a clean room?
But we had already paid so bit the bullet, cleaned what we could ourselves, & hoped things would get better. They didn't. The next day, coming back from a day of sight-seeing at 4 pm, the room still had not been made up - no bed made, no clean towels, no waste baskets emptied. I called the front desk & she said they were backed up because they were so full & that it would be awhile. We didn't want to lay down & take naps because the maid might disturb us at any time. So we watched tv & waited for someone to come. The internet connection was so poor my computer hardly worked so that wasn't a choice. Well, I'm here to tell you that someone came at 7 pm, asked if we wanted anything done in our room. At that point my husband got pretty grouchy toward this young man & told him we wanted the room cleaned & made up. I think the young man was pretty intimidated by my husband who demanded a change of sheets, which the young man said they usually didn't do for guests who stayed several days. They usually just made up the bed with the same sheets on it. He actually seemed surprised that we wanted fresh sheets AND towels, which we had left in a heap on the floor of the bathroom. In their defense, this is a fairly large motel & we never saw more than 2 cleaners, one on the first floor, one on the second. They obviously need many more cleaners & don't have them for whatever reason. I felt sorry for the young man but we had paid for the room & expected some service for our money, which they only reluctantly gave. The feeling was that he really didn't want to do anything in the room at all, he was in a hurry, we were being much too demanding. We are seasoned senior travelers & have stayed in all kinds of places all over the world & have never experienced anything quite like this!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012 via mobile

Both the daytime and nighttime managers are super nice and accommodating. Great value. Rooms must have been recently remodeled because the latest reviews are not accurate. Comfortable beds with many pillows. Very clean rooms.

• Stayed February 2012
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Kudos to General Manager Cheryl Davis. She said she would make it right and I just got notice from Expedia that she did.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Fairview, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011 via mobile

My husband was visiting family in San Antonio. He was enjoyinig the continental breakfast at the hotel and suddenly collapsed and fell unconscious. The hotel staff promptly came to my husband's aide and called 911. My husband was having cardiac arrest and was very close to death. EMS arrived promptly and were able to save my husband's life. He was then taken to Methodist Heart Hospital and is now doing fine. The entire hotel staff are kind, caring, and provided us incredible customer service. The hotel is not a 4 or 5 star - but I would rather stay at at hotel where the hotel staff sincerely care about their customers.

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Baymont San Antonio Wurzbach / Medical Center? Share your experiences!