“Hotel service was great. The restraurant service terrible.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Cantera Hill Country Resort

Save Saved
You added La Cantera Hill Country Resort to your Saves list
La Cantera Hill Country Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   16641 La Cantera Parkway, San Antonio, TX 78256 (Formerly Westin La Cantera Hill Country Resort) (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Texas Resident Offer!
Ranked #27 of 351 hotels in San Antonio
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Hotel service was great. The restraurant service terrible.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed at the Westin La Cantera for 6 days for. Conference. The hotel is very nice. The pool are is great and would be very good for kids. The adult pool is nice but the service for drinks was terrible. We waited an average of 30 min for our drinks after we ordered. We went to have dinner at Brannon's cafe and literally waited almost 2 hours for our food. We complained multiple time and even told them we were going to leave. The manager never even made an effort to make it right. She appolagized and that was it. There was one other table in the restaurant at the time! I was there for work and did not rent a car. I was so unhappy with the service I received at the bars and restaurants that I do not think I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Westin_La_Cantera, General Manager at La Cantera Hill Country Resort, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Please accept our apologies that the food and beverage service was slow during your stay. We would appreciate a chance to discuss your experience. Please contact the General Manager at 210.558.6500 to talk about it further.

1,192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Amazing service by the pool! Mackenzie our waitress was fantastic! She was great above excellence. I will definitely come back and visit this resort again. The view at the adult pool was incredible. All service was good and the rooms were clean

• Stayed July 2013
Westin_La_Cantera, General Manager at La Cantera Hill Country Resort, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. Come back soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great hotel with wonderful views. The staff were quick & friendly. The room was spotless. The hotel was very family friendly without being overrun by kids. I know sounds weird but easiest hotel TV to use & Showtime included. The beds were 'heavenly' as was the spa bathroom. The family friendly restaurant Brannon's had good food & a higher end kids menu not just fingers & fries. Location is center--- down the street from 6 flags & 20 minutes each way from Seaworld & Riverwalk. Worth few extra dollars you won't be sorry. Finally, they have a great service to rent sneakers & gym clothes for $5 so no need to schlep.

Room Tip: ask for balcony
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review! We hope you will return again soon!
San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Went for a day to celebrate granddaughter's 13th birthday with her friends. Pool loungers were dirty, "cup" of water was $3.75!!!! Not even a bottle!! I thought that was crappy. Pool sign stated no outside coolers. Dang, might as well drink water from the faucet! Stay thirsty my friends, stay thirsty! :)
Otherwise, everything was good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We are sorry to hear that your stay didn’t provide the kind of value you were looking for, and we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further. Please contact the General Manager directly at 210.558.6500.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Good: Most of the staff is awesome! Welcoming, helpful, courteous, and professional.
Bad: Front desk staff needs some work; young and inexperienced, easily flustered. Housekeeping staff? Wouldn't know. Didn't see them for THREE DAYS! Which leads me to...
Ugly: For a hotel of this caliber, there should not be peeling wallpaper in the bathroom or mold around the handrail in the tub, nor a champagne glass with a half-eaten strawberry or two-day old beer glass left around. And if the housekeeping carts are going to be on my floor ALL DAY, they need to clean my room...and that doesn't mean just make the bed.

Room Tip: If you stay in the Citadel, make sure you get a room away from the elevators. That's the main bu...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Please accept our apologies that your room was anything less than immaculate during your stay. We will work with the Housekeeping Team to improve the situation. In the meantime, please call the General Manager at 210.558.6500 to discuss your experience.
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Westin La Cantera is a great place for kids and adults. Great pool area, with a water slide for kids (and adults). Golf course looks good. The club floor was very nice and staffed by helpful hotel employees. Only drawback, restaurant food was average.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We really appreciate your kind words and look forward to your return!
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I spent 7 nights at this property do a medical convention. I was expecting a luxury resort, but only got a standard hotel. I needed to call for room service every day, as when I returned after 4pm my room had not been cleaned. I even went to the front desk to find out if I was on some type of do not clean list, which I was not. The manager at the front desk even had the nerve to call my room and talk to my wife telling her that we should conserve water by not having cleaning everyday, She then asked my wife if we had our house cleaned everyday. My wife told her she was paying for the service so we wanted it done, The girls was pretty rude. She swears the girl called her a Bit*h as she hung up the phone. Thev overall hotel is not very clean. Dirt on floors everywhere, I never saw anyone using a vacuum in the entire week I stayed. I don't plan to return to this Westin property, I would go to the JW Marriott Hill Country it is a much nicer property, and the staff is not rude.

• Stayed July 2013
Please accept our apologies. Our goal is to help you get back to your best self so that you leave The Westin La Cantera Hill Country Resort feeling recharged and well cared for. We clearly fell short in this situation. We take feedback from our guests very seriously and use it to improve the overall experience. Please know that your comments have been forwarded to the Front Office team and that we are making every effort to improve the overall guest experience there.

We are so sorry that your visit was less than perfect. Please contact the General Manager at 210.558.6500 to discuss this further.

Been to La Cantera Hill Country Resort? Share your experiences!