“Royal Hacienda” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Cantera Hill Country Resort

You added La Cantera Hill Country Resort to your Saves list
La Cantera Hill Country Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   16641 La Cantera Parkway, San Antonio, TX 78256 (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel packages
Announcement
Resort Transformation
Ranked #43 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“Royal Hacienda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I came here with my mother and aunt. A big thank you to Phyllis Hagan for making our trip so special. She made sure that we had everything our hearts desired from keeping our wine glasses full to personally bringing fresh fruit to our room for breakfast. The room was beautiful with breathtaking views, but Phyllis made the whole experience one we will never forget.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Westin_La_Cantera, General Manager at La Cantera Hill Country Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
We are delighted to hear that you had a great experience and appreciate the compliments. Please come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband I stayed here mid August 2012. Thursday - Monday We reserved a deluxe king bed room with a nice hill side view. I wasn't expecting to find a huge treadmill, yoga ball and weights in the room. The treadmill took a lot of space and I wish I would have known that was what was included in the "deluxe" room - I would have rather opted for the traditional (standard) room. The room itself was nice though. I love robes in the rooms but here you have to request it.

We ordered room service for breakfast several nights and even though extremely expensive ($50 one day) it was good. Loved the valet service because it seemed parking was a tad far for this prego to be walking in the middle of summer. Valet service was always fast. Room service was delivered when stated and the food was good.

We went to the resort pool in the late afternoons when it wasn't so crowded and it was really nice. One night we decided to go night swimming (9pm) on a Sunday night - talk about QUIET! We loved that we had the entire pool area to ourselves. There's no lazy river but there is a slide (closed at night) and several pools you can visit. There were maybe 2 other people but oh it's the best! Pool area opened 24/7 - nice!!!! Service during the day was friendly and fast. One night they even had smores night - yum!!!!

The location of the resort is perfect. Far enough yet close to the city. Everything was easy to find and there are a great restaurants along I10 to choose from. La Cantera shopping is really close and the Westin offers shuttle service too.

We would definitely come back to this resort. Although I'm more of a Hyatt person, this Westin has really nice grounds and ammenities. It appeared to be a very family friendly resort with all type of family/children activities. Wouldn't really recommend for a couple who dislikes kids because they are all around! lol - If you prefer a kid-less holiday, try coming in late Sept or October when school is back in session. Otherwise, this resort is really pretty and very nice. Would definitely return!

Room Tip: Not sure if all, but our deluxe room had a treadmill - took up a lot of space. Rather have a couch...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Westin_La_Cantera, General Manager at La Cantera Hill Country Resort, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review. We hope you will be back when your little one arrives!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had a chance to stay in the Casitas and the rooms were beautiful. Room service was excellent! We were out in the pool and Trey brought our room service to the pool! La Cantera far exceeded my expectations! We will visit again!

Room Tip: Get the Casitas!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We are delighted to know that we exceeded your expectations. Please come back again soon!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We have stayed at the Westin La Cantera several times and love it every time! There are all types of great activities at the resort, the movie on the lawn was fun an relaxing, my daughter loved the kids club, and activities staff did a great job of playing/interacting with her. Planning on returning during Christmas time for the winter festivities!

Also love the shower heads in the rooms!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Westin_La_Cantera, General Manager at La Cantera Hill Country Resort, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your nice review. We love the Westin Heavenly Shower, too! Hope to see you back again soon.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We wanted to write and share how wonderful Katey and Carami are in the Kid's Club at the Westin. They were so engaging and wonderful with our kids. They made them feel special and were really patient with great attitudes. They both created a safe/creative environment for our kids. They were also extremely knowledgeable of all the activities taking place throughout the hotel over the weekend and served as our "tour guides" while we were there. The Westin has two great ones in Carami and Katey.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Westin_La_Cantera, General Manager at La Cantera Hill Country Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
We are so happy to hear that the Kids Club exceeded your expectations. Please come back soon!
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Labor Day Weekend!!!!!! This is my family's second time staying at the Westin, thanks to the Army National Guard.... and we came back for a reason!!! My family and I enjoyed celebrating my birthday weekend here and enjoying a family wellness seminar with the Texas Army National Guard. The staff were always pleasant and helpful. My pool side waiter (which to me looks like Channing Tatum) was a complete doll. The rooms were spacious, the beds were comfy, and everything was always clean. My kids (ages 5 and 11) enjoyed the pool endlessly, the movie on the lawn, kids club, slip and slides, zoo adventure....just endless things for them to do. And my favorite....Brannon's!!!!! I found a new love for corn pudding (the best chef ever). I did have a small issue, the hotel never advertises that children 5 and under eat free at the hotel. So I paid for meals for my 5 year old and we all know hotel food is expensive. But..... as usual, with excellent customer services they comp'd me for it and allowed my 11 year old to eat free to make up for charging me for the 5 year old. Soooo, I would have to say I was a very happy mamma. Can't wait to come back again and again and again!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Westin_La_Cantera, General Manager at La Cantera Hill Country Resort, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
We are thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations and hope you will be back again soon!
Kerrville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have stayed at the Westin many times and have to say how friendly the staff is and how much our family enjoys and relaxes each time we visit! Our kids love the Discovery Zone with water fun and we enjoy the spa, yoga, workout facilities, and all amenities! In the winter,we love the ice rink and can't wait to see it this year. The Recreation Director even stopped and talked to us about how they are doing more with it this year. We also are able to take a shuttle to the RIM and La Cantera!
It is our choice hotel everyone we head to San Antonio.

Room Tip: There are a few excellent rooms with a balcony that overlook the pool. You can sit out there at nigh...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Westin_La_Cantera, General Manager at La Cantera Hill Country Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thanks so much for your kind words. We hope to see you here again soon!

Been to La Cantera Hill Country Resort? Share your experiences!