My husband I stayed here mid August 2012. Thursday - Monday We reserved a deluxe king bed room with a nice hill side view. I wasn't expecting to find a huge treadmill, yoga ball and weights in the room. The treadmill took a lot of space and I wish I would have known that was what was included in the "deluxe" room - I would have rather opted for the traditional (standard) room. The room itself was nice though. I love robes in the rooms but here you have to request it.
We ordered room service for breakfast several nights and even though extremely expensive ($50 one day) it was good. Loved the valet service because it seemed parking was a tad far for this prego to be walking in the middle of summer. Valet service was always fast. Room service was delivered when stated and the food was good.
We went to the resort pool in the late afternoons when it wasn't so crowded and it was really nice. One night we decided to go night swimming (9pm) on a Sunday night - talk about QUIET! We loved that we had the entire pool area to ourselves. There's no lazy river but there is a slide (closed at night) and several pools you can visit. There were maybe 2 other people but oh it's the best! Pool area opened 24/7 - nice!!!! Service during the day was friendly and fast. One night they even had smores night - yum!!!!
The location of the resort is perfect. Far enough yet close to the city. Everything was easy to find and there are a great restaurants along I10 to choose from. La Cantera shopping is really close and the Westin offers shuttle service too.
We would definitely come back to this resort. Although I'm more of a Hyatt person, this Westin has really nice grounds and ammenities. It appeared to be a very family friendly resort with all type of family/children activities. Wouldn't really recommend for a couple who dislikes kids because they are all around! lol - If you prefer a kid-less holiday, try coming in late Sept or October when school is back in session. Otherwise, this resort is really pretty and very nice. Would definitely return!
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Cantera Hotel San Antonio
- Westin La Cantera Hotel
- Westin Cantera Hotel
- La Cantera San Antonio
- Westin La Cantera Resort
- Westin San Antonio
- San Antonio Westin
- The Westin La Cantera Resort San Antonio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Cantera Hill Country Resort is a distinctive retreat for business and leisure travelers alike atop one of the highest points in all of San Antonio. We're the ultimate blend of recreation and luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , BookIt.com, Amex, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, Priceline, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your La Cantera Hill Country Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.