We chose this resort based on trip advisor reviews. We wanted a nice hotel, with a pool, outside of the riverwalk madness, but still close enough to visit all the San Antonio attractions. First of all, I can't say enough good things about the Westin hotels. They are consistently great quality, but this was quality on a whole new level!
I'll keep it simple. I'll list the pro's
and con's. Please be patient, there
ALOT of pro's!
*Hotel property is outside the
madness of the city, yet close enough to visit all the high points!
*The property has everything you need. There's seriously no need to leave the resort. It's all here!! Huge family pool (which is open 24/7!), adults pool, poolside bar, poolside restraunt, buffet breakfast, poolside grill, all-day activity schedule (which is concluded every evening with a kid friendly movie on the lawn), kids playcare, a pre-teen/teen facility for evenings,
sports club/lounge, 4star restaurant, spa. I'm a little out of breath, but you get the point.
*Starbucks!! That's right! Located just inside the main entrance.
*incredibly helpful concierge.
*3 golf courses (2 of which are located onthe property.)
*Upscale mall about 5 minutes away.
*Fiesta Texas is about 2minutes away.
*Sea World is about 15-20minutes away.
*Riverwalk is about 15minutes away.
*There aren't a ton of restaurant options off property, if you'd like a change.
*If you go during the winter the resort may not have as much to offer, since the pool and lawn activity is the major draw.
*The food and drinks can be expensive at times.
*Our check-in experience was not the greatest, even with us being Starwood Preferred guests. (We were charged twice for our room, and we had to stop in at the counter 3 times to straighten it out.)
As you can see the pros far out weigh the cons. It was an overall fantastic resort! We've already recommended it to several friends, and we intend to go back. I wish there were more of these type resorts in Texas!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Cantera Hill Country Resort is a distinctive retreat for business and leisure travelers alike atop one of the highest points in all of San Antonio. We're the ultimate blend of recreation and luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, AAA Travel Services, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your La Cantera Hill Country Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Cantera Hotel San Antonio
- Westin Cantera Hotel
- La Cantera San Antonio
- Westin La Cantera Resort
- Westin San Antonio
- San Antonio Westin
- The Westin La Cantera Resort San Antonio