“AWESOME POOL - WILL BE BACK” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Cantera Hill Country Resort

You added La Cantera Hill Country Resort to your Saves list
La Cantera Hill Country Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   16641 La Cantera Parkway, San Antonio, TX 78256 (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #44 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
“AWESOME POOL - WILL BE BACK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Our second stay and will not be the last. The adult pool area is wonderful and Charity in the Gantry was a great hostess/waitress! Only thing that would be nicer is to see her cooler at her job. All wait staff should be allowed to wear swimsuits in this Texas heat if they have to work at the pool! The massage treatment by the pool was an added plus.

Room Tip: The Green Choice is a great way to earn a Starbucks!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
LauraAplin, Public Relations Manager at La Cantera Hill Country Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Dear Dana037,

Thank you for sharing your story with us! Charity was delighted to hear that she made such a positive impact on your stay. We were also glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary poolside massage service. Please do come back and see us again soon, we’ll keep the pools cool and the drinks coming to beat this South Texas heat!
Have a great summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Olathe, Kansas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed here last week. It was our second time here. We spent a lot of time by the pool as it was in the upper 90's, low 100's each day. We normally venture out to explore a city, but because of the heat, we stayed in the hotel for most meals and fun.
Overall, it's a great family resort. There are many kids activities (including teens) from the kids activity center to the Discovery Junction moonwalks. The pool is nice, but does become full quickly, so we learned to get our chairs early.
We did everything the hotel offers, except for eating in the fine dining restaurant as the selection is limited and uh, adventurous, plus expensive.
The hotel staff is more friendly than most resorts. Many times, they asked us if there was anything they could do to make our stay more enjoyable. Usually, that is asked at check-out.
We got to the lobby bar early one afternoon and got to know Darla, a long-time Westin bartender. She was great to chat with when no one else was there. Additionally, we sat outside of Steinheimers on the patio (yes, there is one) and spoke with Hannah. Both were fantastic people and would make us come back to this hotel again.
The hotel is great, but can see it will be needing a remodel soon...not badly, but normal wear and tear. Granted, the first time we were here was when it was brand new.
If a staff can truly make a difference to make people come back, this hotel can do it. We had a great time chatting with the staff.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear MelandRichRen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! In this South Texas heat, it is nice to be able to relax in an oasis like The Lost Quarry Pools here at the resort! With plenty of amenities and activities both indoors and out, many guests end up staying on property without having to venture too far for anything! Darla and Hannah were both very happy to hear that they were able to enhance your stay; you can tell that our associates love serving our guests and making them feel at home! Their smiles and genuine care and concern say it all. We believe that is what Texas Hospitality is all about! The next time your family wants a huge dose of that Texas Hospitality delivered with a Big Heart, we’ll hold the door open and welcome you home!
Until then, enjoy the remainder of your summer!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Valet parking attendant Brian D. and porter Ray A. provided wonderful service to us. They were very prompt and friendly.

Dear Tex8Texas,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize two of our guest service superstars! Brian and Ray were very happy to hear that they made your stay more enjoyable. Take good care and come back soon!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

They know how to treat guests at the Westin La Cantera. Every employee we dealt with was friendly and helpful. We went for our anniversary weekend and could not have had a better experience, From the beautiful hotel and grounds to the serene adults only pool complete with wait service. But the best part of our stay was our dinner at Francesca's at Sunset. This restaurant was AWESOME. we had a reservation and had told them it was our anniversary. They went ABOVE and BEYOND to make our dinner special including a table with an excellent view, complimentary champagne toast, and a complimentary dessert. The service was excellent and the food was even better. The filet was the best thing I've ever eaten - simply divine. I highly recommend the resort for a romantic getaway and particularly the restaurant. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear TeeFee97,

Thank you for sharing your story with us and Happy Anniversary once again! We are very proud of our beautiful property, and Francesca’s is one of those rare fine dining gems you don’t often find at a resort! All of our associates really love to serve our guests, and it shows in experiences like the one you’ve enjoyed. Please come back and see us again, we would love to welcome you back home!
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

I am a female physician who stayed here for a medical conference.
1. A male employee suddenly entered my room, while I was in it, using his keycard.
2. My room was not ready when I checked in. I asked if I could place my luggage in storage, and was told by the front desk to give it to the bell hops. I dragged my luggage to the front and tried to get several bell hop's attention, but I was ignored. So, I took my luggage to the pool area and sat for 2 hrs waiting.
3. Front desk forgot to call me and tell me my room was ready.
4. I went to a dinner meeting and the server took my order. Twenty minutes later when he was serving my colleagues, I asked him where my food was. He told me that I mentioned to him that I was not eating. When I finally received my dinner, everyone was done eating and the meeting was over.
5. I paid close to $400/night for the room
6. I was not allowed late check out. I wanted to stay 30 min-1 hr later so I could finish my meetings, but was denied by the front desk. I was told I could carry my luggage with me, and still used the pool. I ended up leaving early from the conference.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
We are so sorry to hear about your recent experience.

If possible, please contact me at laura.aplin@westin.com so that we can address these issues with you directly.

In the meantime, I hope you continue to have a good summer.
Brady, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

The staff at the beautiful Westin La Cantera did an outstanding job of taking care of my family as we celebrated my parents 50th wedding anniversay. They made us feeling very special and went to great lengths to make this a most memoriable weekend. The service was outstanding, the golf was great, and the resort was absolutely emaculate. Mrs. Rhonda Hughes did a wonderful job setting up this weekend for us and Christian, the concierge, helped us with a restaurant that was perfect for the occasion. This was the best 50th Anniversary weekend we could have hope for. Thanks La Cantera, you are the best!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear FredMcGillacutty,

Thank you to you and your family for letting us be a part of such a momentous occasion in your lives! Please wish your parents another Happy 50th Anniversary from all of the associates at the Westin La Cantera Resort! Rhonda and Christian both said that it was such an honor to be helping you make arrangements for such an important event, and they are thrilled that you enjoyed the outcome. From our family to yours, please come back and see us again soon!
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

We recently drove to San Antonio from Dallas for a 3-night getaway with the family. I have to say I was really surprised at how lovely the resort was, but most of all the service was really superior to resorts in the same category. We had booked a junior suite with king bed and at the last minute my sister decided to join us. My husband called the hotel and Colleen, the front desk manager worked to find a room to better suit us. When she couldn't find one in the main hotel, she upgraded us to the Casitas, one and two bedroom suites tucked away and only accessible by golf cart. The kids loved riding in the golf cart, and we were treated to a visit by deer on our patio.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with family, try to book the casita. Lots of room, private pool, fridge, et...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear eatapper,

We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed your time with us! We certainly want to make sure that our accommodations suit the needs of our guests, and it sounds like staying in the Casita Village was a great experience for all of you! Colleen is truly a guest service superstar, and she was really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and see us again soon; our family would love to host your family anytime!
Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Been to La Cantera Hill Country Resort? Share your experiences!