“AWESOME!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Cantera Hill Country Resort

Save Saved
You added La Cantera Hill Country Resort to your Saves list
La Cantera Hill Country Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   16641 La Cantera Parkway, San Antonio, TX 78256 (Formerly Westin La Cantera Hill Country Resort) (Northwest Side)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Texas Resident Offer!
Ranked #43 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Boerne, Texas
“AWESOME!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

We live close by but wanted to experience a vacation without having to travel. We had such a great time that we have decided to REALLY vacation here next time. Service was great (front desk Ruby and Robin), servers were AWESOME (Lauren and Jason). We felt like we were at the beach due to the waterfalls and did not have to drive there or deal with the sand!
We had 3 children with us ages 5,9,11 and no one was ever bored!!! Joined their membership plan so we can get great deals!! Cant say enough about this trip - TOTALLY ROCKED!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
beaumont, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

We are in heaven at the La Canter Resort in San Antonio! My husband came for the Texas Open and we have been treated like royality (even though we aren't). The resort is completely wonderful with expert customer service and many smiles! The best however, is the spa. My facial was done my Christi, and I have to say it was amazing. I have had many in the past, but this one was the best! I thought that it couldn't be topped, but then I visited Chris, my slice of heaven! I had the best, most relaxing massage of my adult life. The staff was professional, courteous and saw to every need.
If you are looking for a relaxing, breath-taking get away - you have found it.
Visit today - but don't forget to see my friends Christi and Chris in the spa!

Room Tip: If you want the best, get the Royal Hacienda Club!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Colleyville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

Hotel was absolutely beautiful. Rooms were spacious and quiet. View of the city and hill country were amazing. The staff was exceptional. (Particularly notable were Deena Tetzlaff ,concierge, and Karina, front desk.) The grounds were well manicured and expansive, including a nature trail, several pools, a renowned golf course, and even bounce houses for the kids! This was one of our best vacations ever - We're already looking forward to our next trip back!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

From beginning to end, the staff at La Cantera did an excellent job of making my stay productive and refreshing. All of my requests were met with a smile and a can-do attitude. This enabled me to focus on the business and customers we were entertaining. One employee stood out in my mind as going above and beyond the call of duty. He was Alejandro with the banquets service. He went far out of hiw was to find espresso for our visiting Italian clients. Well done and Thank you!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

I was on a business trip to San Antonio and I was under the weather. Monique at the Royal Hacideda really made my stay much better. She took really good care of me and made sure that I had Orange Juice to go every morning . That really did help my stay and help me get over my cold.

Also, need to thank Michael Guzman from the ktichen staff who always makes up my yogurt and Danae from the Royal who makes sure that it gets up to me. What would I do without my yogurt? Thanks again for taking care of me....Westin La Cantera....you are the best!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

This property provided a perfect girl's weekend for my friends and I. The grounds make you feel like you're really on a resort vacation at somewhere other than San Antonio. The pools are wonderful, there is an adult pool, and the service at the pool was great. They gave complimentary chair massages at the adult pool the day we left. They were wonderful! EVERY staff member we met was beyond friendly and helpful. I have stayed at some of the most luxrious places in the country (including the Grand Wailea in Maui) and the service was better at the Westin La Cantera resort. Rooms are large and clean and the workout rooms are great. There's great shopping nearby and Six Flags is just down the hill (although we didn't hear any of the noises you'd expect to hear from an amusement park. I would return with friends or with my family. This resort has something for everyone and does it very well! Thanks for a great weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a prefered view of the garden. Beautiful!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
JamiChampagne, Director of Guest Experience at La Cantera Hill Country Resort, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Dear amykf73, Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your girl's weekend. I am so delighted that you were able to enjoy some quality time with your friends while relaxing at the adult pool. The chair massages are always a hit and I am glad you were able to enjoy that activity. We hope to have the opportunity to take great care of you and your friends or family again soon.
Grapevine, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

Carlos is a great valet who always works with a smile even when he seems to never be off :). Rubin was a very personable shuttle driver. He was very accomodating to our needs regarding time and very informative about the property and surrounding places of interest.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Dear aggiegrape, I am looking forward to sharing your wonderful comments about Carlos and Ruben with the entire team. Both of these gentleman take a great deal of pride in the work that they do and they are truly passionate about delivering "Texas Hospitality" to each and every guest. Thank you for taking the time to share!

Been to La Cantera Hill Country Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Cantera Hill Country Resort

Address: 16641 La Cantera Parkway, San Antonio, TX 78256 (Formerly Westin La Cantera Hill Country Resort)
Location: United States > Texas > San Antonio > Northwest Side
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Top resorts Hotel in San Antonio
#9 Spa Hotel in San Antonio
#12 Luxury Hotel in San Antonio
#24 Romantic Hotel in San Antonio
#31 Business Hotel in San Antonio
#40 Family Hotel in San Antonio
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:4 star — La Cantera Hill Country Resort 4*
La Cantera Hill Country Resort is a distinctive retreat for business and leisure travelers alike atop one of the highest points in all of San Antonio. We're the ultimate blend of recreation and luxury. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your La Cantera Hill Country Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Westin La Cantera Hotel San Antonio
Westin Cantera Hotel
La Cantera San Antonio
Westin La Cantera Resort
Westin San Antonio
San Antonio Westin
The Westin La Cantera Resort San Antonio

If you own or manage La Cantera Hill Country Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.