Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Airport / North Star Mall to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Airport / North Star Mall
Ranked #112 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Dallas, TX
“Great property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is a great property. Newly renovated Courtyard and right near SAT Airport. The hotel does have some access issues, but that is to be expected around major highways and busy airport roads. The hotel is behind some other restaurant, but the hotel again is great along with the staff.

Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Airport / North Star Mall, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you very much for the great review! We work hard to provide our guests with an outstanding stay, and I am very happy to hear we succeeded!

I hope that we will have an opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

What a great hotel! The attention to customer service was unsurpassed even in the best hotels. A call the night before check out to see if i was satisfied. The Bistro is awesome with its genuine Starbucks coffee and its delicious flatbread pizza! Great wine too. It will be my Go To hotel when doing business in SA!

• Stayed November 2012
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Airport / North Star Mall, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! We work hard to provide an exceptional level of service, and I am happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us.

The Bistro and Starbucks are recent additions to our property and are very popular with our guests and staff.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the San Antonio area.
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Hotel is fine. Not bad but not good either. Front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms fine but a bit dated. Needs renovation. Everything such as towels, carpet, etc are dated and not particularly nice.

Stayed October 2012
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Airport / North Star Mall, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We work hard to be the friendliest hotel, and we appreciate your kind comments.

Our lobby and public areas underwent a complete renovation early this year, and really look great! Our guest rooms are scheduled for renovation in the near future.

We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to the San Antonio area.
Edinburg, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This hotel has a good location to the airport, one of SA's finest shopping malls, many nearby restaurants, easy access to other attractions, and centrally located. Bring a pillow though, their pillows are small! In fact ALL Courtyard hotel pillows are small. However, this particular hotel has a lot of positives if your willing to overlook the rough edges from the recent remodel. It just lacks a little contractor oversight. Overall, I'm still a Marriott fan and this hotel will not disappoint.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jon L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Airport / North Star Mall, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to offer your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you found our location convenient.

We did recently remodel our lobby and restaurant area, and are very pleased with the renovations.

We look forward to serving you again on your next visit.
Plymouth, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I'm a Hilton guy, but often stay at Marriott properties because of work. The rooms were so-so with an uncomfortable bed.

That being said, I have never been treated so well at a hotel in this category. The front desk staff knew my name and greeted me throughout my stay. That's going above and beyond.

Bartender and breakfast staff also friendly. Location convenient to airport. Decent bar and good food across the parking lot at Pappadeaux's (try the bacon-wrapped grilled shrimp).

Bed aside, I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your kind words about our staff. We work hard to achieve "over the top" friendliness, and I'm happy to see that you experienced this during your stay.

We look forward to serving you again during your next visit.
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I was impressed with the size of the room we got, I am pretty sure it was a standard size room. The front desk staff were super polite and very welcoming, both at check in and at check out.

We stayed on points and they gave us some extras, a small bag of chips, some breakfast bars, a coupon for another free snack and a coupon for free breakfast. The breakfast was good and they have a nice area to eat in the lobby.

The room was big and did appear to have some age to it, but I thought it was clean. The bed was very uncomfortable, not a pillow top and the pillows on the king size bed were very small not king size pillows. The sheets were mostly polyester but this seems to be not out of the ordinary when compared to similar hotels. I did hear outside noise from the highway, because it's right there, this is not a fault of the hotel, it's just what you get in this area of town. I put my earplugs in and was not bothered by the sound. The curtains were great in the room, it made the room super dark, this is something that I really appreciated.

I would think because of of the extra space in this hotel room it would be good for family travel as your kids would have some room for play.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces away from the highway, there might be less noise on that side.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Airport / North Star Mall, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Thank you for your positive review! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your entire stay and are willing to recommend us to others! We pride ourselves at making our guests feel welcome and exceeding every guests expectations, so I'm happy that we were able to do just that. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in San Antonio!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

When I made my reservation it said that my room was going to have a sofabed with it but as it turn out they didn't have one available for me. Then why make reservations if they can not provide the room I'm paying for. I talk to the manager and told him my problem and all he said was that they were trying everything but how are they trying if all they did is stand around looking at each other. So then I told them that now I have to go around town looking for somewhere to sleep with my son and wife and all the manager said was good luck finding one. In the end I had to drive about 60 miles to find a motel room all because the people at the courtyard can't do anything for my family and me. They left us stranded after we made reservations for a room they could never provide. Never will go again and hope this does not happen to anybody and their family, it's horrible to be left out to dry especially having your kids with u.

• Stayed March 2012
Joseph_Pedraza, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Airport / North Star Mall, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

First, and foremost, we must genuinely apologize for allowing you to depart our hotel unsatisfied and would like to personally thank you for taking your time to bring this to our attention. We can certainly understand your disappointment with the Courtyard, I would be upset as well. Our goal is the complete satisfaction of every guest and we have researched your complaints thoroughly.

The standard king bedded rooms are all considered as the same room type and only a few have sofa beds within them. These are available by request and are issued on the day of arrival as inventory allows. The rooms that have a sofa bed do not cost the guest any additional fees and are not specified through the Marriott reservation system. Your reservation did have a sofa bed request; unfortunately, the hotel did not have any additional rooms with sofa beds available upon your arrival the night prior.

We are sincerely sorry you felt stranded with the children and we will endeavor to never let such a situation happen again.

-Matthew Keller, General Manager

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Airport / North Star Mall? Share your experiences!