You added Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Airport / North Star Mall to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Airport / North Star Mall
Ranked #115 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Austin, TX
“Big Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I was impressed with the size of the room we got, I am pretty sure it was a standard size room. The front desk staff were super polite and very welcoming, both at check in and at check out.

We stayed on points and they gave us some extras, a small bag of chips, some breakfast bars, a coupon for another free snack and a coupon for free breakfast. The breakfast was good and they have a nice area to eat in the lobby.

The room was big and did appear to have some age to it, but I thought it was clean. The bed was very uncomfortable, not a pillow top and the pillows on the king size bed were very small not king size pillows. The sheets were mostly polyester but this seems to be not out of the ordinary when compared to similar hotels. I did hear outside noise from the highway, because it's right there, this is not a fault of the hotel, it's just what you get in this area of town. I put my earplugs in and was not bothered by the sound. The curtains were great in the room, it made the room super dark, this is something that I really appreciated.

I would think because of of the extra space in this hotel room it would be good for family travel as your kids would have some room for play.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces away from the highway, there might be less noise on that side.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Airport / North Star Mall, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Thank you for your positive review! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your entire stay and are willing to recommend us to others! We pride ourselves at making our guests feel welcome and exceeding every guests expectations, so I'm happy that we were able to do just that. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in San Antonio!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

When I made my reservation it said that my room was going to have a sofabed with it but as it turn out they didn't have one available for me. Then why make reservations if they can not provide the room I'm paying for. I talk to the manager and told him my problem and all he said was that they were trying everything but how are they trying if all they did is stand around looking at each other. So then I told them that now I have to go around town looking for somewhere to sleep with my son and wife and all the manager said was good luck finding one. In the end I had to drive about 60 miles to find a motel room all because the people at the courtyard can't do anything for my family and me. They left us stranded after we made reservations for a room they could never provide. Never will go again and hope this does not happen to anybody and their family, it's horrible to be left out to dry especially having your kids with u.

• Stayed March 2012
Joseph_Pedraza, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Airport / North Star Mall, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

First, and foremost, we must genuinely apologize for allowing you to depart our hotel unsatisfied and would like to personally thank you for taking your time to bring this to our attention. We can certainly understand your disappointment with the Courtyard, I would be upset as well. Our goal is the complete satisfaction of every guest and we have researched your complaints thoroughly.

The standard king bedded rooms are all considered as the same room type and only a few have sofa beds within them. These are available by request and are issued on the day of arrival as inventory allows. The rooms that have a sofa bed do not cost the guest any additional fees and are not specified through the Marriott reservation system. Your reservation did have a sofa bed request; unfortunately, the hotel did not have any additional rooms with sofa beds available upon your arrival the night prior.

We are sincerely sorry you felt stranded with the children and we will endeavor to never let such a situation happen again.

-Matthew Keller, General Manager
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I have stayed at both of the Marriott Courtyard hotels near the San Antonio airport. The one near North Star Mall is a better location and the better of the two hotels.

Reception staff are friendly and helpful. Parking is convenient and usually sufficient (though less easy if the hotel is full). The location might work for tourists with a car, but is really best suited to travelers who need to be near the airport or who have business in SA. It is not ideal for tourists wanting to be by the Riverwalk or the Alamo.

The room was clean, comfortable and a good size. The bathroom is OK. Waterflow to the wash basin and the shower is not too powerful, but when I mentioned this to the front desk I was told they have installed flow regulators and the regulator can be removed on request.

The breakfast buffet has usually been standard fare. I did not try it this time, but I expect it was OK.

If the location is convenient for your needs, then this hotel could be a good choice. It was excellent value for the cost on this occasion. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Joseph_Pedraza, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Airport / North Star Mall, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
First, thank you for Choosing Marriott Hotels! We appreciate your feedback.

Although we are well suited for travelers flying in/out of San Antonio International Airport, we welcome any and all travelers to come stay with us. We are just minutes away from downtown by Taxi or Car. Probably not ideal for travelers wanting to be within walking distance to Riverwalk or Alamo, I agree.

We would love to have you stay with us again on your next visit to San Antonio! We recently opened our new Bistro/Bar. Breakfast and Dinner menu all made to order.

Thank you for your review of our hotel!
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012 via mobile

Good hotel little expensive but the location is great, near from the Shipping mall and airport

• Stayed February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

We are glad to hear that you like our location and we hope you enjoyed our amenities as well. The distance to shopping and restaurants is very convenient for our guests. Be sure to look on our website for Advanced Purchase discounts for your next visit to San Antonio.
Burbank, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

To date, I've stayed here twice. Both times were booked through priceline's "name your own price". I was so pleased with everything this hotel had to offer that on my next trip to S.A., I'll likely just book through the hotel directly...why chance it with priceline again...the hotel is well worth full price.

The lobby is undergoing renovations, but the hotel provides more than enough to compensate for the inconvenience. They provide a free full breakfast, free drinks and snacks, free cookies and coffee, and during my 2nd stay, free beer and wine. The truth is, though, this hotel would stand out without the freebies.

The staff is cheery, smiley, helpful, and very genuine. You won't get any artificial smiles here. The staff treats you as if they are genuinely happy to see you, and to have you as a guest at their hotel. They're personable, and very helpful when it comes to whatever you may need that is San Antonio related.

The rooms are very spacious, very clean, very quiet, and most important climate comfortable. The rooms I've stayed in both had balconies, which was nice for the morning hours. You can't beat a warm cup of coffee on a clean, large balcony in the morning. Rooms included a 32 inch LCD TV with basic cable plus HBO. The beds are comfortable, as is the couch. I believe the couches include a sofa-sleeper. I'm not sure, as it was never pulled out while I stayed. The restroom was spacious, with a tub/shower that has excellent water pressure. The vanity area is a little bit small, as it's only a single sink, but that's more of an observation than a gripe.

The area the hotel is in is beyond convenient. There are numerous restaurants and retail stores within a few miles radius. I've actually commented to my GF that if we ever moved to S.A., that's the area we'd need to move to. It's very, very convenient.

One warning to travelers, though. On a busy weekend, parking may be a bit difficult, as the back side of the hotel shares a parking lot with Pappadeaux, and the front side of the hotel shares a lot with the Fairfield Inn.

Overall...this hotel goes above and beyond what one would expect out of a Courtyard. I'd recommend this place to anyone travelling to San Antonio

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
WOW! Thank You Very Much!!

We always appreciate receiving feedback of our hotel and we absolutely LOVE positive reviews!

Thank you for being so understanding and loyal to our hotel during the renovation. We have since completed and are excited about our new Bistro/Bar. Unfortunately we have discontinued the free breakfast that we offered during our renovation. We now have a made to order menu for breakfast and dinner.

Our staff is amazingly genuine and they are a great asset to our hotel! The area is great for dining, shopping and entertainment. We hope to have you stay with us again on your next visit to San Antonio, if you don’t decide to move here!

Thanks again.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

Great staff here that worked as a TEAM and delivered excellent customer service. I checked in at the last minute due to being too ill to fly. When paramedics were called to my room the General Manager and Operations Manager came up to sit with me until their arrival. Upon my release from the ER, the hotel team sent the shuttle to pick me up from the hospital, took me to the pharmacy to have prescriptions filled and delivered me back to the hotel safe and sound. The front desk representatives were extremely helpful in assisting me upon return and even called me the following morning to make sure I was okay.

My room was very clean, spacious and comfortable with a cute flat screen to watch as I rested the illness away. I was beyond impressed and so grateful to be greeted by a team who not only went above and beyond to meet my customer service needs; they genuinely cared about my physical well being. You can't ask for better customer service than that. I will definitely stay here again should I return to San Antonio. You should too!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Joseph_Pedraza, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Airport / North Star Mall, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad you are feeling better and that we were able to cater to your needs. Our front desk staff is always willing to go above and beyond for all of our valued guests. We hope to see you on your next trip to San Antonio! We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott.
Odessa, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

This is a very clean nice hotel in a very convenient area. They were remodeling the lobby but to compensate for the inconvenience they offered everyone the breakfast buffet for free. The breakfast is great. I checked in Christmas weekend and they also gave me a little bag filled with sweets and cookies. I thought that was very nice of them. Overall a very nice hotel and I'm sure after the remodel in the lobby it will be even nicer.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Airport / North Star Mall? Share your experiences!