“Close to the Airport and Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   95 N.E. Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78216   |
Ranked #43 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Close to the Airport and Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I and two fellow travelers were assigned here by an airline when our flight was cancelled due to mechanical issues. This property is wonderfully close to the airport and there is a complementary shuttle with very courteous drivers. The hotel staff welcomed us warmly and we went off to our rooms. Our rooms were fine even if on the basic side. I had a wonderful night’s sleep. My preference is for a cooler room but I have to adjust for properties at this price point since they usually have only lighter bedding. The pillows were wonderful, though! The evening Kickback and the morning breakfast are certainly a plus. If you really try, you can find lighter options but most of the food is heavier. Kickback was baked potatoes, chicken strips, mac and cheese, chips and dip. Breakfast was eggs, sausage, potatoes, fruit, waffles and more. It’s really a great deal and you don’t have to leave your hotel. Nearby is Applebee’s (they were happy to accept our airline voucher) along with a Cracker Barrel just across the highway, accessible by a walkway on the bridge. I would recommend staying here (guest laundry, pool, hot tub, free parking) if you are coming in and out of the airport or want a spot away from downtown. The airport shuttle is on-demand and is quick!

Room Tip: I had a room right off the parking lot and it was amazingly quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Close to the airport, clean room, and friendly staff. And you get a free breakfast too! (and I think happy hour drinks as well but somehow I missed those each day.) Suggestion, if you just have a standard room and they ask you if you want to upgrade for $10 (or something close to that I think), it's probably worth it if you are there for more than a day or so. The room was fairly small. Very friendly people all around...

Room Tip: Suggestion, if you just have a standard room and they ask you if you want to upgrade for $10 (or som...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Monterrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We managed to stay at this hotel for $85/night due to a promotional code for members, original price was a $100 which I must say after we stayed there seemed high. The staff was friendly at all times.

We got a hold of room with 1 king size bed, free wi-fi, small fridge and microwave. Big tv. Bathroom was clean. It was pretty cold outside, the temperature of the room was excellent at all times.

This is kind of a good option but not for $100 usd. interiors seemed a little out of date, although everything worked perfectly. Upon our arrival the desk passed on a little sheet with safety tips for the parking lot and surroundings, they have been experiencing increase in robbery in the area. We did not see anything dangerous or uncommon anytime but its better to be cautions and take precautions to avoid them.

This hotel is about 20minutes from downtown, conveniently located near to a big mall and the airport. We didn't try the room service. Everything in the room worked perfectly but they could do a little improvement on new bed sheets, comfys and pillows.
Good option at $85/night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad to hear our friendly staff was available to assist you. We hope you agree that our hotel is a great value when compared to our competitors when you account for amenities such as our free hot breakfast and our ever-popular free evening snacks and drinks. Also, thank you for your comments regarding our bedding package. We are a few weeks away from rolling out our new white-on-white bedding that will really give our rooms a sharper, cleaner look.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Michael Dobrowolski
kirby,tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The staff if one of the first things you will notice about this hotel, they really make you feel welcome, not just like they are doing a job and have to greet you. I have stayed at alot of Drurys and I have to say this one is at the top of my list. My husband and I are Gold Key members and we both travel alot, he more than I with work, and we both prefer Drury because of it's excellent customer service and dedication to detail. The lobby and dining area are very warm and welcoming, very well appointed, and nicely stocked. The business center are is in the common area but does not effect your ability to get things done as they provide ample space for each of the 4 computers they offer and printers are available as well. The evening "kickback" isn't a Vegas style buffet, but it will do for a impromptu dinner and it's included! Drinks too. There is a small market or store just behind the front desk where you can find many items you might have forgotten or if you just need a snack late at night, which can be charged to your room, and I find that extremely convenient as one doesn't always want to carry money around with them when they leave the room late at night. The rooms and hallways are very clean and free of strange smells. The rooms are very large and well appointed with comfortable, clean furniture and appliances. Fridge and microwave, coffee maker come in all rooms, large sparkling clean bathrooms with fluffy white towels are included as well.Beds were nicely made with double sheets and three pillows,clean soft comforters. We got the double suite, separate living room and bedroom, I recommend it if traveling with anyone other than yourself. It is just so nice to be able to have a separate space for everyone to eat, sleep and relax. Two tvs means no on can dominate what to watch, and a comfy sofa in the living room means the kids can stretch out and relax there while mom and dad relax and watch tv or make phone calls in the bedroom, or vise versa.I can't say enough about this property and the staff, they have earned my true "seal of approval", which i don't give out very easily. My kids say I'm way too picky, but I say when you pay for something it should be worth what you pay for it. This hotel goes beyond that,I can honestly say I have paid way more for hotels that didn't come close to what this hotel offers for the price. If you book online and use the "codes" you can get an awesome rate, become a Gold Key member, costs nothing, and it will truly benefit you because once you stay here you will be hooked on Drury.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators, there are seperate "wings" in this hotel and everything...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel and was upgraded automatically without even asking. They have a free dinner and breakfast for their guest. they even give up to 3 free "spirited" beverages during dinner. I was shocked that things there are FREE. Even long distance calls. The hotel staff were very friendly and treated me like I was their boss. Justina, the shuttle driver even went the extra mile and placed a note on my vehicle saying that I have a new friend in San Antonio. Wow, I will definately be back at this hotel. Great job staff!!

Room Tip: If you want a smoking room, it's on the 7th floor which is the very top floor. Doesn't even...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ft. Worth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is an average hotel. the employees friendly, but we had a reservation for 6 rooms and all of us were separated throught different floors and back rooms. Room average with a very hard mattress. not a good night sleep! The carpets were old and smeld like old. They call suites a room with a little sofa and coffee makers not working. The included breakfast was ok. i had options to eat out. the only thing that i can say was good is location. For the evenning from desk person who looked like a very young kid. was not trainned properly due way spoke and conducted.

Room Tip: This a good hotel for overnights only.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize that we did not succeed in getting all members of your wedding party on the same floor. We certainly strive to keep groups of families and friends together when possible. I will also work with our housekeeping team to identify any carpets that need to be cleaned. Once again, thank you for your time and we hope to see you in the future.
Newton, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here two nights during a trip to visit a friend who ran out of bed spaces. The room was clean with two double beds (there were two of us). We also had a sitting room, so it was a suite which we didn't expect. The bathroom was clean with plenty of towels which, unfortunately, were not very absorbent. There were three dispensers in the tub area - one for body wash, one for shampoo, and one for conditioner. I had brought my own soap, shampoo and conditioner, so I can't say how good any of them were.

The only word I can use for the breakfast is wonderful! A selection of juices and fruit. Scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits. A do-it-yourself waffle maker. Bagels, breads, danish, yogurt. Coffee, decaff, and tea. And the dispenser for the juices and ice tea and coffee are available all the time.

The place has an inground pool and a fitness center. Free parking, some of it in a secure garage. And free wi-fi in the lobby.

We were very pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!