“Best Drury In San Antonio” 5 of 5 stars

Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport
95 N.E. Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78216   |
Ranked #47 of 347 hotels in San Antonio
kirby,tx
“Best Drury In San Antonio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The staff if one of the first things you will notice about this hotel, they really make you feel welcome, not just like they are doing a job and have to greet you. I have stayed at alot of Drurys and I have to say this one is at the top of my list. My husband and I are Gold Key members and we both travel alot, he more than I with work, and we both prefer Drury because of it's excellent customer service and dedication to detail. The lobby and dining area are very warm and welcoming, very well appointed, and nicely stocked. The business center are is in the common area but does not effect your ability to get things done as they provide ample space for each of the 4 computers they offer and printers are available as well. The evening "kickback" isn't a Vegas style buffet, but it will do for a impromptu dinner and it's included! Drinks too. There is a small market or store just behind the front desk where you can find many items you might have forgotten or if you just need a snack late at night, which can be charged to your room, and I find that extremely convenient as one doesn't always want to carry money around with them when they leave the room late at night. The rooms and hallways are very clean and free of strange smells. The rooms are very large and well appointed with comfortable, clean furniture and appliances. Fridge and microwave, coffee maker come in all rooms, large sparkling clean bathrooms with fluffy white towels are included as well.Beds were nicely made with double sheets and three pillows,clean soft comforters. We got the double suite, separate living room and bedroom, I recommend it if traveling with anyone other than yourself. It is just so nice to be able to have a separate space for everyone to eat, sleep and relax. Two tvs means no on can dominate what to watch, and a comfy sofa in the living room means the kids can stretch out and relax there while mom and dad relax and watch tv or make phone calls in the bedroom, or vise versa.I can't say enough about this property and the staff, they have earned my true "seal of approval", which i don't give out very easily. My kids say I'm way too picky, but I say when you pay for something it should be worth what you pay for it. This hotel goes beyond that,I can honestly say I have paid way more for hotels that didn't come close to what this hotel offers for the price. If you book online and use the "codes" you can get an awesome rate, become a Gold Key member, costs nothing, and it will truly benefit you because once you stay here you will be hooked on Drury.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators, there are seperate "wings" in this hotel and everything...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel and was upgraded automatically without even asking. They have a free dinner and breakfast for their guest. they even give up to 3 free "spirited" beverages during dinner. I was shocked that things there are FREE. Even long distance calls. The hotel staff were very friendly and treated me like I was their boss. Justina, the shuttle driver even went the extra mile and placed a note on my vehicle saying that I have a new friend in San Antonio. Wow, I will definately be back at this hotel. Great job staff!!

Room Tip: If you want a smoking room, it's on the 7th floor which is the very top floor. Doesn't even...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ft. Worth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is an average hotel. the employees friendly, but we had a reservation for 6 rooms and all of us were separated throught different floors and back rooms. Room average with a very hard mattress. not a good night sleep! The carpets were old and smeld like old. They call suites a room with a little sofa and coffee makers not working. The included breakfast was ok. i had options to eat out. the only thing that i can say was good is location. For the evenning from desk person who looked like a very young kid. was not trainned properly due way spoke and conducted.

Room Tip: This a good hotel for overnights only.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize that we did not succeed in getting all members of your wedding party on the same floor. We certainly strive to keep groups of families and friends together when possible. I will also work with our housekeeping team to identify any carpets that need to be cleaned. Once again, thank you for your time and we hope to see you in the future.
Newton, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here two nights during a trip to visit a friend who ran out of bed spaces. The room was clean with two double beds (there were two of us). We also had a sitting room, so it was a suite which we didn't expect. The bathroom was clean with plenty of towels which, unfortunately, were not very absorbent. There were three dispensers in the tub area - one for body wash, one for shampoo, and one for conditioner. I had brought my own soap, shampoo and conditioner, so I can't say how good any of them were.

The only word I can use for the breakfast is wonderful! A selection of juices and fruit. Scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits. A do-it-yourself waffle maker. Bagels, breads, danish, yogurt. Coffee, decaff, and tea. And the dispenser for the juices and ice tea and coffee are available all the time.

The place has an inground pool and a fitness center. Free parking, some of it in a secure garage. And free wi-fi in the lobby.

We were very pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great location, Great staff, Great extras. Pool nice Hot tub jets could use some repairs. Van service very nice and quick. Breakfast is nice but after a few days can get old, Afternoon snack is way more than a snack. Nice Job well done.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the front building high floor even room #.Not the building in the back.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed one night awaiting a flight from San Antonio airport. Very convenient location with a reliable airport shuttle. Close to several restaurants and about 5 minutes from the airport itself. Staff was very friendly and the room was quiet. Carpets and furniture a bit worn, but overall a very comfortable and friendly place to stay. Nice exercise room with three good quality treadmills and a couple bikes, small collection of free weights.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
North Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I always stay at this hotel when visiting SA, so I can earn points for free stays. I think I am just tired of the same old thing, same food at breakfast, same evening snacks, same rooms, same everything. There is nothing basically wrong here and the recent updates are nice. I also enjoy the free covered, secure parking. The pool is nice and the people are great. This past trip I was very disappointed that my room although non smoking just reeked of smoke smell. It was on the bedding. I will stay here again as my concerns were addressed efficiently. This hotel is in a great location, close to everything.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!