“A very pleasant surprise!” 4 of 5 stars

Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   95 N.E. Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78216   |
Ranked #39 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Newton, MA
“A very pleasant surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here two nights during a trip to visit a friend who ran out of bed spaces. The room was clean with two double beds (there were two of us). We also had a sitting room, so it was a suite which we didn't expect. The bathroom was clean with plenty of towels which, unfortunately, were not very absorbent. There were three dispensers in the tub area - one for body wash, one for shampoo, and one for conditioner. I had brought my own soap, shampoo and conditioner, so I can't say how good any of them were.

The only word I can use for the breakfast is wonderful! A selection of juices and fruit. Scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits. A do-it-yourself waffle maker. Bagels, breads, danish, yogurt. Coffee, decaff, and tea. And the dispenser for the juices and ice tea and coffee are available all the time.

The place has an inground pool and a fitness center. Free parking, some of it in a secure garage. And free wi-fi in the lobby.

We were very pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great location, Great staff, Great extras. Pool nice Hot tub jets could use some repairs. Van service very nice and quick. Breakfast is nice but after a few days can get old, Afternoon snack is way more than a snack. Nice Job well done.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the front building high floor even room #.Not the building in the back.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed one night awaiting a flight from San Antonio airport. Very convenient location with a reliable airport shuttle. Close to several restaurants and about 5 minutes from the airport itself. Staff was very friendly and the room was quiet. Carpets and furniture a bit worn, but overall a very comfortable and friendly place to stay. Nice exercise room with three good quality treadmills and a couple bikes, small collection of free weights.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
North Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I always stay at this hotel when visiting SA, so I can earn points for free stays. I think I am just tired of the same old thing, same food at breakfast, same evening snacks, same rooms, same everything. There is nothing basically wrong here and the recent updates are nice. I also enjoy the free covered, secure parking. The pool is nice and the people are great. This past trip I was very disappointed that my room although non smoking just reeked of smoke smell. It was on the bedding. I will stay here again as my concerns were addressed efficiently. This hotel is in a great location, close to everything.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I highly recommend the Drury Inn! I recently stayed at this hotel over the weekend and had an amazing experience. The customer service for the front desk was amazing. I accidently left my personal pillow in the room and received a call back from housekeeping stating they found it. They were also very accomodating with special requests for a needy soccer team. The price was right, the service was awesome and the location perfect for our needs. We will definitely come back!

Room Tip: The double room suite is great for families.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Raeford, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at the Drury Inn and Suites 95NE 410 Loop in San Antonio for a duration of 2 1/2 months while in school. An expensive item came up missing from my room and all they can say is that according to Texas law, the hotel can not be held responsible for anything taken out of your room. This is totally ridiculous. I advise anyone staying here to only take things you don't mind people stealing. Bad, Bad business.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Southern US State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Back again for another round...and...ok, not as GREAT as last time - but not that bad, either...

Yes, tremendous changes have been made at this location, mostly affecting the front Lobby and dining areas, and I must say, these changes are dramatic! The Lobby is now on the 2nd floor, facing the west, and is very well appointed. It looks very nice, shiny and fresh. Of course, with the fresh, popped, popcorn smell waffing through the air as you check-in, how could you go wrong?!
Check-in was easy, and we were afforded a slight "upgrade" because of our Gold Key status. We booked well in advance, took advantage of the "Web Rate", and were glad we did: we were paying HALF of what most others we understand were. We were in at $76/night for a King room, and were upgraded to a double-suite for the same price.
The room, however, (and as many have commented on before), needs some serious updating. We found it (grossly) ironic that as we enter the room and are overcome with the stench of cigarette smoke, a sign on the little round table in the room indicates, "You will be charged a $250 cleaning fee for smoking in this room. Thank you for keeping this room smoke-free". Riiiiiiiiiiiiight! Oh my gosh it was AWFUL! However, after a few minutes, the effects of the 2nd hand smoke have taken ahold, and you almost get used to it. I mentioned this to the Front Desk Management who offered to "mask" the stench with a spray, but I declined - so the onus, I suppose, is on me. It just would've been nice if I hadn't had to smell it in the first place.
As is Drury's continued promise of the "Extras aren't extra", the food still continues to flow. Morning and Night. We took full advantage of the 5:30 Kickback, with the first night's offerings of: salad, potatoes, meatballs (not advertised!), hot dogs, mac/cheese, chedder cheese soup, pretzels, nacho chips, regular chips, SODA, salsa, celery/carrots, and so on. Seriously...if you're not afraid of the sodium and carbo explosion, heck, save yourself a few bucks and enjoy the food here.
Of course, for those that par-take in alcoholic beverages, don't forget about your 3-a-night punch-card, that gets you 3 alcoholic beverages per-adult! It looked really popular - however, since I don't drink alcohol, I wasn't able to accurately experience the benefit. My daughter, did however, enjoy her Shirley Temples, as usual.
Sure, it gets busy, but they keep bringing the food out, and never run out. And when you're done with all that salty, good stuff, have a bowl-full, or cone-full, of their chocolate, vanilla, or mixed ice-cream composite. It's kind of like the ice-cream you get at SouperSalad, or Sweet Tomatoes, Chinese buffets, etc. But, you're going to appreciate the "cleansing the palate" this has on you, that you actually enjoy it! And, it was enjoyable - don't get me wrong - I'm definitely not knocking the stuff. :)
With all that food down the hatch, who needs dinner now? Myself and my daughter ate enough to definitely get us through until next mornings' buffet hot breakfast, and with the sodas and popcorn flowing until 10, you are SET!
Parking is in a garage shared with the Holiday Inn next door. It seemed pretty safe, well-lit in most areas. Has a need for a passcode to get IN and to get OUT...
The pool and hot-tub were well attended by the guests of the hotel, and it looked to be well cared-for. In fact, I think I recognize the maintenance staff here who've been here for quite some time now. They seem to actually enjoy their job, which makes their productivity that much better.
Breakfast (yep, back to food again...why not, I'm a guy!)...was full of the usual carbo-sodium-n-fattening necessities of any morning routine. :) And it was all so yummy! Bagels, bread, 4 waffle makers, donuts, eggs, sausage patties, breakfast fried potatoes (oh my gosh those were good), biscuits, gravy, condiments for making quick Migas, dry cereals, cooked and dry oats, yogurt, oranges, bananas, orange and apple juices, even soda! Hmmm...what have I missed? :)
(running out of space on this review I see...)
Short of some noisey kids running the halls for some time, I think our overall experience was a decent one, and if you're open-minded like we are, and not "stuffy" about places like this, then this hotel will probably be more than adequate. It's location next to the airport, and off of 410, make it strategically smart for getting to all the various tourist traps and malls (Northcross is literally a 1 minute drive down the service road!).
Can't wait to get back here! Think I'll go book our next weekend getaway right now...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
I would like to start off by thanking you for choosing to be our guest. I sincerely apologize about the smoke odor issue you experienced during your stay. As you noticed by the signage in the room we are working on ways to prevent this from occurring. We are also working with our housekeeping team to ensure we properly treat a room that has been smoked in. On the positive side I'm very pleased you had some good experiences to take away with you. Many guests love the food items we offer and many find it hard to believe that it's all FREE! Again, thank you so much for your comments and please believe that they do not go unnoticed. You are greatly appreciated and I really look forward to having you as a guest the next time you're in town!

Cherrica Williams
Assistant General Manager
Drury Inn & Suites - Airport

Been to Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!