“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arlington
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Great location and at a very good price. Nora at the front desk was exceptional and very accommodating. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. Easy walking to a couple good restaurant's. Great value, I will go back for business or pleasure

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GM_FFIS_SA_AIR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very excited that we were able to help you enjoy your stay in San Antonio. I will definitely be sharing your comments with the team including Nora. We hope that we will get a chance to serve you again the next time you are in San Antonio!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

If you've read any of the reviews, you've already found out about Mary Helen. She is the main reason why I stay at this hotel each time I'm in San Antonio. She starts your day off right and gets you in a good mood. She is friendly and attentive when it comes to serving the guests. The rest of the staff is very friendly as well. It's hard to find a hotel with a staff as attentive as the staff here. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for reviewing our hotel and your kind comments about our staff. We take taking care of our guests very seriously. I am glad that Mary Helen helps you start your day with a smile. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in San Antonio!
Bremerton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We took a chance and our room was ready early - 1PM check-in really helped us out. The front desk was welcoming and helpful, our room was clean and we had no trouble with parking (Sunday check-in). Yes the shower was a "best-ever" and the beds very comfortable. But the high point of our review would have to be Mary Helen in the breakfast area. Not only did she keep the items stocked and cleared away our used plates, she also cooked the Texas shaped waffles for us and brought them to our table with butter and syrup. This really helped to keep the congestion down in the food area. What a sweetheart! Fairfield give this woman a raise!!! She brings people back to your establishment with her kindness and care.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
GM_FFIS_SA_AIR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. I will definitely let Mary Helen know how much you enjoyed her in the breakfast area. We hope to see you again soon!
San Antinio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The service and location was okay, but the elevator was slow as molasses and we had to take stairs everytime during our 3 night stay. I agree with the previous comment regarding the parking. Slim to none. One of the reasons I chose that hotel was the pool and hot tub but the hot tub was filthy and the pool was tiny and not heated. The beds were small and the walls were very thin so you could hear the people next to you. Again, the staff was friendly but the hotel definately needs updated. I will never stay at another Fairfield inn again!

• Stayed February 2014
I have received the comments from your stay with us, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced of felt during your stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know about your experience here as we will use it as feedback to improve our service.

I understand that our hotel is in need of some updating, and we are in the process of scheduling a renovation in the beginning of 2015. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to assist you. We hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I am a huge fan of the Marriott brand and stay with Marriott whenever I can. I booked this hotel because of its location and price. When we arrived, we could not find a place to park our car so that we could check in. Apparently the local Pappadeauxs was hopping and between them and the Courtyard who shares the small parking lot, there were no spaces available. When I pulled up in front of the hotel and went in to check in, I met the most arrogant, non-caring desk clerk I had ever encountered at a Marriott. He told me that "Pappadeauxs isn't open all night, so there will eventually be a place to park." How in the world does that help me when I am tired and want to check in to the room I had purchased? The other really poor marks for this experience was the breakfast. If you think their parking lot is undersized, you should see the breakfast area! What an incredible disappointment. "What do you want me to do about the parking lot?" was the question I was asked by the night clerk. To begin with, I would put up signs in my parking lot designating spaces that belong to the hotel and not to be used by other local businesses. Then I would hire security on days when the restaurants are expected to be busy to ensure that my customers can actually park at the hotel. Then I would reaquaint my desk staff with the concept of customer service and remind them that being snarky with elite reward members, or any other customer for that matter, is not the way to encourage brand loyalty.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
I have received the comments from your stay with us, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced or felt during your stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know about your experience here as we will use it as feedback to improve our service.

I have contacted Pappadeaux to try to find a solution to the parking problem that you encountered while you were here. I have also talked with our associates, and used your comments as a source of training for our staff.

Marriott strives to be the most courteous and respectful lines of hotels, making each guest feel welcomed and comfortable. I feel like we failed in fulfilling this promise to you. I do hope, however, that you will allow me and my staff to make it up to you. As the General Manager of this hotel, my goal is to inspire my entire staff to go above and beyond your expectations. Please contact me if there is anything that we can do to assist you. I do hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

I would like to make this up to you in some way if possible. Please let me know if there is anything more that I can do to address these issues. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything else that I can assist you with.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Hotel starting to show its age but overall I was happy with my stay. The staff is very friendly especially the lady who runs the breakfast. I think her name is Maria. Hotel is located close to the airport. Good value overall.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
GM_FFIS_SA_AIR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are looking forward to serving you the next time you are in town! I will be passing your comments along to Mary Helen in the breakfast area.
New Hope, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight during a business trip. Convenient to the airport and the 410 highway, on the service road. It as clean and quiet. Hot breakfast was very good. Good eggs along with pork patties, which we tender, not overlooked. Didn't have the pot of oatmeal, maybe it's not popular in San Antonio's sixty degree winter days. Very satisfied. Would return.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in San Antonio!

Been to Fairfield Inn San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall? Share your experiences!