“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here over 20 times. Staff is a always at its best. The mall is very close by. Including all other department store. Airport shuttle available. Food within walking distance. Will returned again.

• Stayed March 2013
GM_FFIS_SA_AIR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We are very happy to be your hotel of choice in San Antonio. We will see you the next time you are in town.

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at other Fairfield Inns in the the past and this hotel has really shown wear. Needs updates. The bed was lumpy, couch uncomfortable and only one can be in bathroom at a time...very small for a suite. Only one elevator for 5 floors which can be a problem when all checking out at same time. Not the quality or comfort i expected for the price.

• Stayed March 2013
GM_FFIS_SA_AIR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have felt while at our hotel. We value each and every guest, and try to live the Marriott mission. We are ramping up for a renovation in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything that I can do for you. I do hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you the next time you are in San Antonio.
central pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

on the ceiling and jumping on the bed...these bugs...Not bed bugs but still.... told the management and they said they would return points...have not seen them yet!
parking lot was horrible to get into on Friday night...Leaving for the airport the next morning to return the rental car was easy. No shuttle service on Weekends...be aware...one ad for this hotel offers shuttle upon request and the other ad says only M-F...confusing?!?
Breakfast was good...but the room needs to be fumigated! this is the south and they have bugs...but I don't want to sleep with them.

Room Tip: Parking lot shared with restaurant and other Marriott Courtyard...very busy in the evening
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for the lady bugs in your room. We have had the hotel sprayed since your stay. Unfortunately, they have just hatched, and most of south Texas is overrun with them. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you the next time you are in San Antonio!
Louisville, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed one night (late flight arrival) on 02-11-2013 and found this location "tired" and needing a renovation. On the other hand, it is functional, close to the airport, and priced right. I arrived late, left early, and probably got what I expected. BTW, the Courtyard next door has an excellent restaurant for light meals and drinks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GM_FFIS_SA_AIR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It sounds like you had a very short stay. We will be getting a renovation in the future and we hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you. We hope to see you again the next time you are in San Antonio!
China Spring
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My Ford F 250 was stolen from right outside the hotel, my truck was literally stolen while viewable from the front desk. They do have a video monitor of the parking lot but I was told it “froze" while my truck was being stolen. The theft happened after 6: 17 AM. I had locked the truck and set the alarm. My family was extremely shaken by this incident. The folks at Fairfield point out that the parking is at your own risk and they take no responsibility for what happens in the parking lot. Bottom line if you stay at Fairfield Inn you stay at your own risk they are not responsible for you parking in their parking lot. I shudder to think what would have happened if I were to go get my vehicle while it was in the process of being stolen. Needless to say my family will no longer stay at Fairfield Inn

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GM_FFIS_SA_AIR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
At the hotel level, we take statements like this very seriously and are 100% committed to the safety and satisfaction of our guests. However, we do not have insurance coverage for automobile theft or vandalism. We recommend you file a claim with your own personal automobile insurance coverage, but if you’d like to discuss the issue in more detail, please contact the hotel’s general manager at 210-530-9899.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Pros:
* Staff does good job of cleaning room, even if you leave late morning
* Free parking, wifi, breakfast w/variety, airport shuttle
* Convenient location near highway, but hard to find bc hidden behind a Courtyard Marriott
* Staff is super nice and helpful - but didn't like how the front desk receptionist was extremely sick and sneezing all over yet still working and handling check-ins

Cons:
* Building & common area visibly worn, hallways are narrow
* Our room had a broken toilet seat that kept falling
* Heat system & refrigerator very noisy

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_FFIS_SA_AIR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all comments as we use them in an effort to improve our hotel. You spoke about the toilet seat in your bathroom, AC unit and refrigerator in your room. I will address that immediately with our housekeeping and engineering team. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any other thoughts about our hotel. We hope to see you again the next time that you are in San Antonio!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights around New Year's Eve. The location is great, close to the airport (like 10min or less) and very close to North Star Mall. There is a Walgreens, Target and other stores around.
Service is good, nothing special. They give you bottled water but you have to ask for it at reception and is a small bottle, maybe like 250ml or something. Since you have to ask for it, it gets annoying. Why not putting it in the room?

Breakfast is included, but ends at 9.30 during weekdays, as if they don't really want you to get it. Selection is the same every single day, sugary cereals, yogurt, 2 types of bagels (regular and cinnamon), some suspicious egg sandwiches that I didn't try, waffles, milk, coffee, juice. To be free is ok I guess but I would have liked some healthier options in cereals and bread selection.

Rooms are clean and good size. There is really not much view so don't worry about that. I had a room on the 5th floor to be a bit away from the noise.

What really sucks in this hotel is the fact that there is only one elevator. It's a small scale hotel, 5 floors but still, every floor has aprox 25 rooms so it can get very busy. During the first 3 nights the elevator was always full, stopping at every floor and taking forever to use it. I don't understand why there is only one. I have never seen that in a hotel.

I stayed here because of the cost, it was one of the cheapest rates in that time of the year. It's an ok hotel, serves its purpose as we went to SA to be with family and shop around. If you are only few nights, you won't have much complains. I wouldn't stay there long term though, I was tired of the same crappy breakfast (although nobody tells you to eat there but since you are there, you take advantage of saving some $)

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal is to take care of each guest every time they stay with us. We are currently getting ready to change our breakfast options, and will have more items available. This will include some additional healthy options. We ask that you give us another opportunity to serve you the next time you are in San Antonio.

Been to Fairfield Inn San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall? Share your experiences!