“Decent economy lodging in NE San Antonio” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport

You added Travelodge Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport to your Saves list
Travelodge Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2383 N.E. Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78217 (Northeast San Antonio)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #147 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Decent economy lodging in NE San Antonio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Needed a cheap place near the Immigration offices in San Antonio. Did a p*line deal and this is what popped up for about 50 bucks total.

Location: A little suspect but good freeway on-off access. Not a place to go for a walk at night, there are a few strip clubs in the area. Go down the highway any direction and you will find a Denny's or similar.

Rooms: Decent sized, kind of 70's style with a separate sitting area and sleeping area. TV's are 15-inch CRT's. Small but functional bathroom. Beds firm and good pillows. Nobody upstairs, all the rooms are laid out ranch-style, one story, and a little porch in front. Decent pool, and the grounds are tidy, but this place is dated.

Overall: Not a bad place for an overnight, ask for a place back away from the highway and you will sleep decently. You can park right in front of your room, and they have decent coffee in the AM at the office.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Winnipeg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 1 week while visiting the SA area and my parents. The second day a small coin purse with minimal money went missing. The third, a pair of sunglasses. The fourth, a half roll of quarters used by my mother for laundry. And the last day, a beautiful skirt that I purchased at the outlet mall the day before, was missing. While I have yet to speak with the manager (it is late night before taking an early flight), I am sorely disappointed in this property. My parents spend 5 weeks in Texas every April and always stay at this hotel. They have told me that they are also disappointed in the property this year. Poor housekeeping, dirty pool, pool not heated, and a general "downgrade" over the past few years.

Other then the bad feelings I have experienced over the missing items, I think this property is pretty good. Just take your belongings with you when you leave the room for the day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was alarmed when we pulled in off the highway suddenly, insisted on seeing room first. Seemed quite nicely family oriented with play areas, laundry, great pool, microwave, refrigerator, dishes, front porch.
While we could hear people chatting through walls, it was clean and pleasant, near things we wanted to do. We stayed here a day longer due to the convenience.

Room Tip: NO restaurant or business center
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I was quite disappointed with this hotel. It was more like a primitive campground. The rooms have a very "DIY" construction feel with thin walls and floors. My room had filthy sheets, dead roaches, worn out carpet, poor television reception, and broken Internet. The continental breakfast consists of cold cereal. Overall, the hotel felt very filthy and I was eager to check out and go get a shower somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had reservations to stay at this hotel with my family in March. i had stayed here previous years for soccer tournaments and felt it would comfortable with the choice. We checked in at apporximately 10pm. Our first room had a moldy smell which was a little to strong for my wife to handle. they transfered us to a second room, right away two large dead roaches, one in the bathroom and one in the front room. We tried one last time a in third room, well no dead roaches, but rather a live one. This was too much for my wife to handle so there we were at that late hour driving around San Antonio looking for another hotel with our 4 year old. the best thing of the hotel was the attendant at the front desk who was apologetic and patient and understanding. She refunded our payment. i am extrmely disapointed with the company and currently looking for the parent company to write to. I also will pass the word around to other sports leagues who use this place as a host hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms ar efine if you dont mind the occasional bug and moldy smell.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Asheville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

While many of the reviewers were negative, I found this facility to be a pleasant place at a reasonable price.
Everything in the room worked and it was clean.
I liked the porch and having a separate sitting area.
The breakfast is not fancy but at the price I would not have cared if there was no food at all in the morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was passing through San Antonio and thougt Id stop and get some rest before continuing my long journey. Decided I preferred to pay less (it was already 1:30am and checkout was at 11am). I saw this "3 star hotel" marked down 50% so I booked immediately. As I pulled in I noticed it was a motel with ok looking cottages. I walked in and realized I made a mistake. I thought that if the lobby looked worn, the rooms would too. I noticed simple things like worn floors and dirty walls and doors. Not a good look. The guy at the desk was very pleasant. I told him that I was worried and asked if this was a 3 star hotel. He said yes with a straight look, then told me about their time share rooms. Of course I declined and went in for the room that I purchased online. NOTHING like the Travelocity photos. They used their updated time share rooms only for the photos, although they were selling very outdated rooms, with filthy carpets. Their sink had cracks and some black moldy looking material on the drain cover. The bathroom reeked of urine and was tiny. The bed was comfortable although it had the typical old motel quilts that are usually not cleaned before/after each guest. I can only imagine what was on it. A simple duvet, a good cleaning, new carpet and paint would make a big difference. Not worth it too them I guess. However they want the recognition and advertisement of a 3 star hotel. I will say that the guy at the front desk made me feel very welcomed and he was great, but I won't return.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Travelodge Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!