“Family comfort and value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport

You added Travelodge Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport to your Saves list
Travelodge Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2383 N.E. Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78217 (Northeast San Antonio)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #155 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
“Family comfort and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

My wife booked the room for our family, so I had no expectations except I knew it was cheap. I'm guessing that the rooms must vary a lot based on the reviews. We loved the place, room was large - 2 queen reasonably comfortable beds, living room, 2 TV'S, kitchenette ... but definitely not the beauty in the ad...or anything small or nasty like the other reviews. It is not full of top end stuff, but it all worked and clean. We were right next to the cabana area, between the pool and playground ...and they put our rooms next to each other which helped.

Pool was great (yes, the cement could be better on the sitting areas) and loved the hot tub area...kids had a great time on the playground. We ate out on the covered picnic tables.

Free drinks night was the icing of it all...that was fun. And as others said, the staff are all super friendly and helped with every request ...with 3 kids we asked a lot.

So yes, not as nice as the stuff we have at home...but a great experience overall.

Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

We spent not 10 minutes in the room before we decided we couldn't spend the night in it. The beds were rock hard, they seriously felt like there were 2 box springs stacked on top of each other. Things were very dingy and not at all the cute, rustic cottage described on their website.

The front desk staff was friendly when we checked in, but couldn't have cared less when we told them about the issues with the room.

I think this could be a very nice little hotel if all of the rooms were updated to the condition and amenities they advertise.

• Stayed January 2012
rhode island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed here for three nights (canceled my last one) in November. On the plus side: employees were friendly and helpful, beds were comfy, soft linens, really soft pillows, nice property with a nature trail and golf course, lovely spa, and good breakfast buffet.
The bad side::Nowhere near San Antonio, it's at least a 30 minute ride and that was just not what I felt like doing after attending a conference all day long. Since I wasn't going downtown to enjoy the riverwalk,on the first night I went to the upscale restaurant "Antlers" which was disappointing. Some of the choices looked great on paper, but they were mediocre: oysters: tiny and overcooked, probably frozen. Shrimp: definitely not fresh, and not from the gulf.
The spa was lovely, had a wonderful massage and facial, but the product used for my manicure never dried. They did it again the next day, no charge, but that was just as bad. So.. they agreed to send polish remover to my room and reversed all of the charges, which was nice, but I can't understand why they are using such crappy nail polish in a high end spa!
Last, but worst of all: Texas is in the midst of one of the worst droughts ever, and they took my towels after I'd hung them up to dry the first morning. So, I called the desk and asked them if they had a "reuse the towels if you'd like" policy, they said yes. The next day: my towels were gone again, but a little note card was left on the bathroom counter that said, in a round about way, that towels and sheets are only washed if requested... So, I hung up my towel the next morning, and sure enough, towels were replaced again, and all the lights were on in my room when I returned to it. I was really amazed that this hotel is so wasteful especially during such harsh and dry times in Texas.
The last morning I was there, I woke up early, and could hear the man in the next room snoring!! Just as I fell back asleep, I heard his phone ring, (wake up call) and then could hear him relieving himself in the bathroom! Thoroughly disgusted with this place, I checked out a day early.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room with a balcony, it was nice but no chairs out there. Also really far walk from t...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

My husband and I take a 2 week vacation to a different Shell Vacation Club resort every year and have never been disappointed until now.

A couple of good things about this property are the staff, very friendly and courteous. Check in was easy and so was check out.

We arrived about 6pm and were in the room shortly after that. Since there are only 2 of us I usually rent a studio or a one bedroom suite. This time was a one bedroom suite which I was told was an updated unit when I booked. Perhaps it was I have no way of knowing but it was not up to Shell standards.

Be aware that the bedroom is so small you can barely turn around in it and it only has a double bed. I am allergic to feathers so asked that all pillows or items be removed that contained feathers. The bed was left with 2 small pillows, a sheet and a blanket with holes in it. I had to phone to the front desk and request a second blanket. There is also only one night stand with one light to read by. I asked for a second night stand and lamp and after some time they came up with a little table and lamp. It has the smallest closet I have ever seen which doubles as a broom closet with ironing board and iron in it as well as the broom and dust pan. Very little room to hang clothes in.

The bathroom is very nice and updated but there is no hook to hang up your nightwear and no towel rack to put your used towels on.

The kitchen has a microwave, a half size fridge, a two burner stove, toaster, coffee maker and a few dishes which is enough for two. Missing was a stopper for the sink so I could do the dishes, no dishwasher in this suite, no dish cloth I had to use a face cloth, no ice bucket another call to the front desk.

The livingroom is so dark, never mind the whole unit is very dark. There is one standing light in the livingroom which does not cast enough light to read by. When you enter the front door there is no light connected to a switch so you must fumble around in the dark trying to find the one standing light to turn on. There is however a very nice, large flat screen tv.

There is one phone in the unit and it is beside the bed. Possibly put there because there is a light beside the bed so you would be able to read the numbers.

When the suite was serviced the garbage and the towells where put in plastic bags and left on the walkway. No one bothered to pick them up. The feral cats on the property had a hayday ripping the bags part and spreading the garbage. The wind picked up and next thing the garbage was spread all over the porches and walkway. This happened 2 days in a row until I went again to the front desk.

Would I spend my points at this resort again...NO. There are far better SVC properties out there. I have shared my complaints and my feelings about the location with Shell.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
McAllen, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

My family and I stayed at this location for a weekend. The beds were horrible, the bathroom stunk, and our first room smelled of strong cigarette or cigar smell even though it was designated as a non-smoking room. Our room was exchanged for another room without any trouble. It has been over a week now, and I still have not been able to get a $50 "hold" cleared from my debit card. The hold is placed for incidentals that you incur while there. WARNING to ALL: do not use a debit card for the placement of a "hold" as your money will be tied down. Luckily this is only $50, but you must be careful. I will not stay at this location again nor do I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Decatur, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I will stay at Hill Country Inn and Suites next time I am in San Antonio. Awesome service, great room, beautiful facility. A nice swimming pool and spa(s). a really nice playground for small children. Outside grills to cook a really good meal. It was clean, beautifully rustic decorated. the breakfast was a typical continental breakfast. Employees were extremely helpful. Employees actually appreciate the customer.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. It is a 7 acre facility with only ground level.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed at the Hill Country Inn & Suites for 5 days in July and our kids loved it. We had a two bedroom Condo unit. The kids had their own room (with twin beds). We were only a 20 minute drive from Sea World. The unit was extremely clean. It had a spa tub in the bathroom (huge bonus after a long hot day at Sea World).
They provided free continental breakfast in the morning, free internet and were always willing to help out. The pool was clean and the kids had fun swimming in the evenings. There was also a playground which was awesome when travelling with small kids.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!