This hotel is very close to the airport and to good restaurants and stores north of San Antonio. If you have to catch up an early flight, this is a great place to spend the night. Rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable, bathroom clean, water pressure good, and it is quiet. I did not hear people in the hallway or noise from other rooms at all.
I got here with my family at around 10 pm. Since my stay was paid in advanced, it only took less than a couple of minutes to register and get the keys. I showed my driver's license and got my room key and the free parking lot entrance code. I was lucky to find a parking spot close to the entrance, which was three rooms from my room.
We had a great night sleep, the room temperature was perfect, we didn't need to adjust the ac thermostat. Children woke up around 8 am and we headed for the breakfast area. They serve scrambled eggs (powder?), good sausages, muffins, toast, bagels, yoghurt, fruit, cereal, and my kids loved the pancakes machine. They just pressed a button and got their hot pancake made in a couple of minutes. It was no ordinary breakfast for the kids.
Since we were not in a hurry, my children watched some TV - flat screen, good image and sound (I mention this because I read a review complaining about the quality of TV). I cared less about the TV, I was connected to the free WiFi internet. It was fast and got great signal strength in my room.
I have to mention that my room was at ground level, facing the 410 Loop, and I didn't hear any noise from the street (highway). I am sure there must be rooms with better view than mine, but I never chose that hotel for the view.
Anyway, my wife and children headed for the pool while I was still working on my computer. When I got there, they were having their best time. The swimming pool water was crystal clear. I barely was able to smell the chemicals they put in the water. It almost felt as if we were swimming in bottled water. The temperature was magnificent, not a degree colder not a degree warmer. You have to know it is not an indoor pool, and I do not think this pool has a heater, it was just luck that we all agreed the water temperature was fantastic that morning.
After the pool I headed for the gym. They have four different of treadmills (one is an elliptical), and a TV to watch the news or your favorite show while you're exercising. And they have a fridge with complimentary bottles of water for the users. Good call!
Check out time is at noon.
I recommend this hotel to anyone who has businesses to attend at the north area of San Antonio, or anyone who has to catch a flight next morning at the airport. There are some good restaurants nearby, like The Old San Francisco Steak House, just 3 minutes away from the hotel (1.5 miles away).
If you plan to go visit the Alamo, Riverwalk, and other downtown areas, then take into account that this hotel is about 10 miles from downtown. Downtown hotels charge $15 or more for parking daily, unless you select one of the hotels on W Durango Blvd.
I hope this review is helpful for you.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport Hotel San Antonio
- Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport Hotel
- Holiday Inn San Antonio
- San Antonio Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express San Antonio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel San Antonio Airport (SAT) Just one mile from the San Antonio International Airport. The hotel offers complimentary airport shuttle service. (4:00 AM - 11:30 PM) The hotel also offers shuttle service to and from North Star Mall.Whether you're here for business or pleasure this hotel is designed to ensure a comfortable stay. Maintain your exercise regimen in our fitness center. Polish that presentation with our 24-hour business center or our free wireless Internet access. Enjoy a swim in our crystal-clear outdoor pool.We welcome you to relax in the comfortable ambiance of our hotel lobby or enjoy our free Express Start breakfast buffet that features our famous cinnamon rolls, eggs, bacon, omelets, biscuits with gravy and Smart Roast coffee.Our meeting space and hospitality spirit will make your next meeting standout above the rest.Enjoy the kind of sleep you only dream about with our Simply Smart bedding collection featuring triple sheeting so everything you touch is always clean and fresh.Find everything you would expect, and much more at the Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.