“Not impressed...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport

Save Saved
You added Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport to your Saves list
Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   143 NE Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78216 (Uptown Broadway)   |
Ranked #173 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“Not impressed...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I read the reviews from previous guests..I stayed with my family on Friday June 14th Room 315.
When I arrived in the room the carpet was filthy, the electrical outlets would not work and hold the power cords for my laptop and cell chargers and hair dryer. But the worst came on Saturday morning at breakfast, The muffins had mildew on them and there was only one waffle maker working and no coffee made..lost my appetite and left. I should have stayed at the regular Drury Inn close by.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DruryHotels, Manager at Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay at the Pear Tree Inn. We strive to make your stay better than expected. We truly value your business. Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and overall experience. I can assure you we have taken immediate care of the issues you came across in the room and food and beverage area. If I can be of any other assistance please feel free to contact me.

Tiffany Gonzales
Guest Services

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ozark, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Charged my credit card 5 times, for a 1 night stay. They did fix it the next morning. No screen on window which is level with the floor and we were on the 4th floor. Very dangerous. Carpeted floor was flithy. Breakfast, out of 4 waffle irons only 2 worked, offered cake donuts, muffins, stale cereal, bagels, toast. All actual Drury hotels I have stayed in offered biscuits, gravy, sasuage, bacon, scrambled eggs, waffles. We had 4 people in our room was given 3 towels. and 1 wash cloth, Had to go to front desk to get more. Pillows were flat, beds not comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience and the error that our credit card system may have caused you. We have resolved the problem, and taken corrective action to ensure it not happening again. In addition I would like to ensure you we are working hard to make our breakfast a more enjoyable experience for our guests. Although we are a Drury hotel we are a sister property and we do not offer the full hot breakfast amenity but do offer an expanded continental breakfast. Our free breakfast includes a variety of items including make your own Belgian waffles, pastries, toast, cereal, fresh fruit, coffee, tea and juices. We appreciate your concerns and value you as our customer. Please contact me directly for any future reservation or concern you may have. Thank you for your time.

Tiffany Gonzales
Guest Services
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

From check-in to check-out, this hotel delivered. Older hotel but one of the best maintained I've stayed in. Great bed, very clean , great water pressure in shower, with shower gel, shampoo/conditions. Nice big buffet in the morning and small free buffet in the evening with snacks, beer & wine provided and also there is a soda machine with cups that is available anytime. Housekeeping were wonderful, we left one evening to go to Corpus Christi and my husband realized he left his wedding ring on the bed well when we got back the next evening the young lady left the ring and a note that she found it in the bed. Excellent location near airport & shopping. Young lady that was at the front desk was so nice & efficient. This was me and my husbands first time in San Antonio and we will definitely be back to stay here again! We stayed for 5 days. Again this place was great and the staff was wonderful and the price was great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms and common areas. Staff goes out of their way to please. Free WiFi, free use of computer, printer, fax, etc. Continental breakfast includes cereal, bagels, toast, coffee, juices, oatmeal, and a waffle maker! Happy hour from 5-7 included free nachos, hot dogs, salsa, and free beer and wine (as well as 24/7 access to soft drinks and cold water).

There appears to be shuttles to the airport also. Pool is cold and no spa but there is laundry and a basic aerobic gym. Well worth the stay for the price! Will stay here again anytime I come to San Antonio!

Canton, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel when my son graduated from basic training this last week. My dad had made the reservations, and I had never stayed in ANY of the Drury chain of hotels before. I have to say we were very impressed with our stay. We stayed for 5 nights (my dad stayed 7). Every person we encountered from housekeeping to the front desk staff to the shuttle drivers were very helpful. Housekeeping did an amazing job on our room, and were very friendly every time we met them in the hallway. The shuttle driver helped us check our flight status, and was very kind when we told her we would just stay at the hotel longer. She didn't act like we had inconvenienced her at all. And I can't say enough positive about the front desk staff. They were polite, accommodating, helpful. They gave us easy to follow directions every day to where we needed to go. If we asked for anything, they were right on top of getting it for us.
Our first night we noticed a problem with the shower. Within about 2 hours of reporting it to them, they were in our room fixing it. The beds were comfy. I loved the amount of pillows there were. We are very picky with pillows and we were all able to find the perfect one for us. Our room was the perfect size for us. The bathroom was kind of small, but the shower was great.
The continental breakfast was great, and we loved the hot dogs in the afternoon also. I loved the option of the free pop all day also. All in all a great experience, and we will be staying with you again! Thanks for a great experience.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My family and I travel to San Antonio, Texas several times a year and we always stay in one of the Drury Hotels. This time we stayed at the Pear Tree - Airport and it was very disappointing to say the least. As we walked into the hotel lobby we could tell that the upkeep of the place was lacking. Dirty windows old furniture and a really funky smell. We checked in and I must say that Rachel the front desk clerk although busy was very cordial to each guest. As we walked down the hallway to find our room (410) I noticed the carpets were very dirty and dusty. There was a seating area near the elevator and the chairs were faded and unappealing. As we opened the door to our room we realized we had been given a smoking room. We could tell this by the stench coming from the room. My son has asthma so we always request non smoking accommodations. We closed the door to the room and went to the front desk only to be told there were no other rooms available. Rachel was very empathetic and said she would help us to find accommodations at another Drury property in the morning so we decided to stay the night. We went back to our room and turned on the light. The carpets were dirty, so dirty in fact that we had to keep our shoes on at all times. There were burns in the carpet and chairs. The chairs were filthy so we had to line them with towels before we could sit on them. The box springs were soiled and looked as if they had been wet at one time. There were cigarette butts under the bed along with a half empty soda bottle. At one point the smell in our room was so bad we requested a can of air freshener. We were given a spray bottle of some type of "Zep" deodorizer which was not strong enough. The next morning we went down for breakfast only to be disappointed once again. The waffle iron was not working properly and the waffles were sticking and falling apart. I spoke with the young lady who was working in the breakfast area and I was told "you are not letting them cook long enough". So I went back to the waffle iron and allowed the timer to indicate when to remove the waffle (as I did previously) and once again the waffle stuck to the waffle maker. I was then told rudely "There is nothing I can do about it, I will have to tell maintenance". My family was really disappointed because we’ve always have had a great experience staying at Drury hotels. Is this the future of the Drury brand??????

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns about your recent stay with us. While I was disappointed to hear how your stay went I will take that information to ensure that our future guests do not encounter the same problem. As a loyal Drury guest you are well aware that it is caring customers such as you that make us a better company than our competitors. While I am glad to hear that Rachel provided you with great service by trying to find alternate non-smoking accommodations, I am sincerely sorry that you continued to have a concern during your stay. We value your business and sincerely regret that the level of service was not what you expected nor deserved. While we are the “little sister” of Drury Inn & Suites and may not provide the same amenities, we do still focus on the highest level of customer service. I am in the process of reviewing the particular items that were addressed and you can be rest assured that they will be resolved in a timely manner. Next time you are in town please feel free to contact me directly; I would like to personally welcome you back to the hotel, and ensure that you enjoy your stay to the fullest. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs. Thank you for your time, hope you have a great day!

Kevin Heinemann
Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport
BRIDGEWATER
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel put us up when American Airlines grounded all its planes. Excellent rate for a disgruntled and weary bunch of travelers. Very efficient staff took care of everything. Shuttle took us to a nearby restaurant for dinner on 2 minutes notice.

Continental breakfast was the standard fare, but well presented in a clean breakfast area.

The views are of the highway from most rooms, but this motel caters to the airport crowd.

Room Tip: Fourth floor is super quiet.