“Cons outweigh the pros” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport

You added Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport to your Saves list
Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   143 NE Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78216 (Uptown Broadway)   |
Ranked #169 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
“Cons outweigh the pros”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed at Pear Tree Inn because we had alot of experience staying with Drury hotels and were happy with our stays. Not so here. Don't bother coming here, the cons outweigh the pros.

Pros:
-(Drury Inn standard) Free breakfast: always good and always stocked, you know how some hotels are that if you get to breakfast late all you get are the crumbs and what people didn't want? Not here, they keep every offering fully stocked until breakfast is over

-(Drury Inn standard): Manager's evening specials: house beer and wine with snacks like popcorn, nachos and pretzels. Food is bland and alcohol is sour, but hey it is free. Also their soda machine is on all day plus coffee and tea.

Cons:
-the towels are threadbare and so rough it is like drying off with a loofah every day.

- the bed is horribly soft, I had to get a roll away bed to sleep on since every time my husband (or I) moved around the bed would bounce around like a freakin' trampoline.

-The pillows were lumpy and really uncomfortable.

-furniture in the room were broken (the computer chair wouldn't raise up).

-we were on the ground floor and there was no privacy curtain behind the light blocking curtain so we could never open our blinds to get some sunlight because every one could look right in!

-friendliness of staff. Most of the staff was very friendly and bilingual. HOwever, this one girl, Dani, was so surly the entire stay I wondered why she was in customer service. It was like everytime I asked for something (extra towel, extra blanket, refill the OJ, etc...) she would just scowl like why was I bothering her?

So don't bother ever coming here, there are a plethora of other hotels in the same price range that can give a better stay. We stayed for 6 nights.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
First off I would like to thank you for being one of our loyal Drury guests. It is customers such as you that make us the company that we are today. I would also like to thank you for taking time out of your day to share with us your thoughts as to how we can improve our hotel. I sincerely apologize that you had a concern during your stay at our hotel. We value your business and sincerely regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved. I am in the process of reviewing the particular items that were addressed and you can be rest assured that they will be resolved in a timely manner. Next time you are in town please feel free to contact me directly; I would like to personally welcome you back to the hotel, and ensure that you enjoy your stay to the fullest. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Kevin Heinemann
Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
kferrell1
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night using my Drury reward points. If you are looking for a centrally located hotel, easy on and off highway, very close to airport and decently priced, then this place is for you!

Clean hotel, friendly staff, easy to get to. Free breakfast was oatmeal, doughnuts, fruit, yogurt, coffee, muffins, toast and waffles. Big open area to sit in.

Hotel was clean. Had 2 double beds (that wiggled everytime you moved), coffee maker, hair dryer. All rooms were inside of hotel. Pool is outdoors but was to cool outside to use it. Hotel is located right off freeway but we weren't bothered by any noises. It is an older hotel, but we didn't see any problems with it. Was able to fit a pack and play plus an additional twin size cot in our room.

Only negative- there are not many plugs in which you can convienently plug in phone to charge. Tried to unplug lamp by bed, but it wouldn't unplug from wall. Other plugs were found under desk, but phone cord wasn't long enough so it sat on floor to recharge.

If you are expecting an upscale hotel, then don't stay here, but for us to use to sleep and shower in after theme parks, trips to zoo and museums it was great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mesquite
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

First time at a Pear Tree hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room clean and comfortable; as I have come to expect from this chain. My only complaint was the morning coffee which was weak and there was only powder creamer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests, especially those who were pleased with their stay at our hotel.

I will share your comments with our team members who will be excited to hear that your stay was memorable. I will also see to it that we address the issue that you experienced with the coffee station.

Again, I am happy that your experience was a satisfying one, and hope you continue to give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs. We truly look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kevin Heinemann
Brownsville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I first want to start off on this review by congratulating Kevin who I met on my previous visit for the changes that he has made to the hotel. I can not express how happy I am with the improvements that have been made and the fact that even the demeanor of the property has changed as well.

I visited the property on October 19, 2012 and stayed in Room 109. It was great, but the A/C problem is still existant but not a terrible issue. Please consider having this reviewed. I hear that the hotel is actually being converted back to a Drury Inn which might actually be a good thing. We need more people like Tiffany working the Front Desk as well as Debbie (If that is her name) who was the Night Auditor working this hotel. I did not see Rachel this time, but I sure hope that with my previous visit and from what I am reading from other reviews that her attitude has changed.

The breakfast needs some improvements and could actually benefit from the features of that from the Drury Inn and Suites.

Room Tip: Always check to see if they have the ESAVER Rate or ask for it when you call the Reservations Hotlin...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Panhandle TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

From the time I arrived I found the staff ,especially Rachel at the front desk, to be very pleasant. Rachel recommended a truly fine restaurant and scheduled the hotel shuttle to take me there and also pick me up. The room was large and clean. The complimentry breakfast was OK but then again, it was free. The shuttle took me to the airport in the morning completing an enjoyable stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Toluca Mex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed in this Pear Tree because I had an early flight, they offer free shuttle to the airport and reviews are good. I arrived late so I just used the hotel to have some sleep, room was good and bed was comfortable. I didn't have the opportunity to try the breakfast, I left like 5 AM and it starts later. Shuttle is shared with other hotels but I didn't wait more than ten minutes each way. Overall service was very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Petoskey, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We picked this location because of the price and being near to the airport we were able to save a day on our rental car and make a very early morning flight. The staff was very friendly when we checked in they were finishing a managers welcome party ( I think they do this every sunday) we would have been too late but the check in staff got us two glasses of wind and some snacks and held them till we settled in our room. their van picked us up at our rental car company and was available at 5:00AM to take us to the airport. The rooms were plain,clean and comfortable and quiet for being so near the airport. The bathroom was small but clean.the staff brought out juice,coffe and fruit early so we could have some before our flight..Thanks

Room Tip: West side rear third floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!