We stayed at Pear Tree Inn because we had alot of experience staying with Drury hotels and were happy with our stays. Not so here. Don't bother coming here, the cons outweigh the pros.
-(Drury Inn standard) Free breakfast: always good and always stocked, you know how some hotels are that if you get to breakfast late all you get are the crumbs and what people didn't want? Not here, they keep every offering fully stocked until breakfast is over
-(Drury Inn standard): Manager's evening specials: house beer and wine with snacks like popcorn, nachos and pretzels. Food is bland and alcohol is sour, but hey it is free. Also their soda machine is on all day plus coffee and tea.
-the towels are threadbare and so rough it is like drying off with a loofah every day.
- the bed is horribly soft, I had to get a roll away bed to sleep on since every time my husband (or I) moved around the bed would bounce around like a freakin' trampoline.
-The pillows were lumpy and really uncomfortable.
-furniture in the room were broken (the computer chair wouldn't raise up).
-we were on the ground floor and there was no privacy curtain behind the light blocking curtain so we could never open our blinds to get some sunlight because every one could look right in!
-friendliness of staff. Most of the staff was very friendly and bilingual. HOwever, this one girl, Dani, was so surly the entire stay I wondered why she was in customer service. It was like everytime I asked for something (extra towel, extra blanket, refill the OJ, etc...) she would just scowl like why was I bothering her?
So don't bother ever coming here, there are a plethora of other hotels in the same price range that can give a better stay. We stayed for 6 nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Renovated! Check out the fresh, new look of the recently renovated Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport. The Pear Tree Inn puts you right in the middle of everything San Antonio has to offer. A short drive from the River Walk, Six Flags Fiesta, San Antonio Zoo and more. Pear Tree Inn offers its guests a variety of free extras - take, for example, our free breakfast. We serve free continental breakfast, which includes pastries, toast, cereal, fresh fruit, coffee, tea and juices. Enjoy a refreshing drink to end your day with free drinks from 5:30 to 7 pm. Pear Tree Inn also offers free wireless Internet and free long distance calls ensuring you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, AAA Travel Services, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport Hotel San Antonio
- Pear Tree Hotel San Antonio