“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport

Save Saved
You added Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport to your Saves list
Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   143 NE Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78216 (Uptown Broadway)   |
Ranked #168 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Mesquite
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

First time at a Pear Tree hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room clean and comfortable; as I have come to expect from this chain. My only complaint was the morning coffee which was weak and there was only powder creamer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests, especially those who were pleased with their stay at our hotel.

I will share your comments with our team members who will be excited to hear that your stay was memorable. I will also see to it that we address the issue that you experienced with the coffee station.

Again, I am happy that your experience was a satisfying one, and hope you continue to give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs. We truly look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kevin Heinemann
Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Brownsville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I first want to start off on this review by congratulating Kevin who I met on my previous visit for the changes that he has made to the hotel. I can not express how happy I am with the improvements that have been made and the fact that even the demeanor of the property has changed as well.

I visited the property on October 19, 2012 and stayed in Room 109. It was great, but the A/C problem is still existant but not a terrible issue. Please consider having this reviewed. I hear that the hotel is actually being converted back to a Drury Inn which might actually be a good thing. We need more people like Tiffany working the Front Desk as well as Debbie (If that is her name) who was the Night Auditor working this hotel. I did not see Rachel this time, but I sure hope that with my previous visit and from what I am reading from other reviews that her attitude has changed.

The breakfast needs some improvements and could actually benefit from the features of that from the Drury Inn and Suites.

Room Tip: Always check to see if they have the ESAVER Rate or ask for it when you call the Reservations Hotlin...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Panhandle TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

From the time I arrived I found the staff ,especially Rachel at the front desk, to be very pleasant. Rachel recommended a truly fine restaurant and scheduled the hotel shuttle to take me there and also pick me up. The room was large and clean. The complimentry breakfast was OK but then again, it was free. The shuttle took me to the airport in the morning completing an enjoyable stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Toluca Mex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed in this Pear Tree because I had an early flight, they offer free shuttle to the airport and reviews are good. I arrived late so I just used the hotel to have some sleep, room was good and bed was comfortable. I didn't have the opportunity to try the breakfast, I left like 5 AM and it starts later. Shuttle is shared with other hotels but I didn't wait more than ten minutes each way. Overall service was very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Petoskey, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We picked this location because of the price and being near to the airport we were able to save a day on our rental car and make a very early morning flight. The staff was very friendly when we checked in they were finishing a managers welcome party ( I think they do this every sunday) we would have been too late but the check in staff got us two glasses of wind and some snacks and held them till we settled in our room. their van picked us up at our rental car company and was available at 5:00AM to take us to the airport. The rooms were plain,clean and comfortable and quiet for being so near the airport. The bathroom was small but clean.the staff brought out juice,coffe and fruit early so we could have some before our flight..Thanks

Room Tip: West side rear third floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Brownsville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I arrived at Pear Tree in by Drury on 07/26/2012 and there were some very unpleasant experiences. I want to start off with errors in the reservation process and while by no fault of myself or the hotel, I originally requested a Smoking Room then decided to switch to a Non-Smoking Room and called in two days before arrival. Rachel and Joshua were the clerks on duty. Originally I was a bit skeptical about Joshua because of the time it was taking to check into the hotel. With that being said, I was not pleased by the fact that Rachel was unpleasant by stating that it was too bad and I was going to have to stay in a Smoking Room. When I arrived in room 413; I began to undress the beds and found hairs in the blankets, floors that were not vacuumed, and toenail clippings on the side of the other bed. I called security to come up and see as I felt very uneasy about staying in this room.

I approached the Front Desk in the morning and as always was greeted warmly by Tiffany already knew who I was and listened to my complaint. She was very empathetic. I really appreciate the fact that this property appreciates my consideration of Pear Tree Inn by Drury and said she was going to speak with her Manager Kevin. I understand that it was Kevin’s first day actually running the property and he was very empathetic and I also informed the staff to speak with the person who cleaned the room. As a result of this unpleasant experience, Kevin did not charge me for the night. This was the redemption from the property and for that though an unpleasant stay I have to give kudos for nearly losing me as a customer. I will return to this property in hopes that this was an isolated experience.

Room Tip: Always request the ESAVER rate as it is your best value. Make sure that if you make a change to your...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We sincerely apologize that you had a concern during your stay at our hotel. We value your business and sincerely regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved. Your comments will help us address the issues you brought to our attention so we can improve our service for our future guests. On behalf of myself and the team I would like to welcome you back sometime in the near future. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Next time you are in town please feel free to contact me directly; I would like to personally welcome you back to the hotel, and ensure that you enjoy your stay to the fullest.

Kevin Heinemann
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

From check-in to check-out, this hotel delivered. Older hotel but one of the best maintained I've stayed in. Great bed, very clean , great water pressure in shower, nice little free buffet in the evening with snacks, beer & wine provided. Excellent location near airport & shopping. Young lady that was at the front desk was so nice & efficient....several guests showed up to check in and were assuming that their rooms were reserved & pre-paid via emplyer. She handled a potentially volatile situation so well & had those big burley men purring like kittens in no time. I travel to San Antonio several times a month for business & will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!