“Friendly staff and enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport

Save Saved
You added Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport to your Saves list
Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   143 NE Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78216 (Uptown Broadway)   |
Ranked #166 of 352 hotels in San Antonio
Panhandle TX
“Friendly staff and enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

From the time I arrived I found the staff ,especially Rachel at the front desk, to be very pleasant. Rachel recommended a truly fine restaurant and scheduled the hotel shuttle to take me there and also pick me up. The room was large and clean. The complimentry breakfast was OK but then again, it was free. The shuttle took me to the airport in the morning completing an enjoyable stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Toluca Mex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed in this Pear Tree because I had an early flight, they offer free shuttle to the airport and reviews are good. I arrived late so I just used the hotel to have some sleep, room was good and bed was comfortable. I didn't have the opportunity to try the breakfast, I left like 5 AM and it starts later. Shuttle is shared with other hotels but I didn't wait more than ten minutes each way. Overall service was very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Petoskey, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We picked this location because of the price and being near to the airport we were able to save a day on our rental car and make a very early morning flight. The staff was very friendly when we checked in they were finishing a managers welcome party ( I think they do this every sunday) we would have been too late but the check in staff got us two glasses of wind and some snacks and held them till we settled in our room. their van picked us up at our rental car company and was available at 5:00AM to take us to the airport. The rooms were plain,clean and comfortable and quiet for being so near the airport. The bathroom was small but clean.the staff brought out juice,coffe and fruit early so we could have some before our flight..Thanks

Room Tip: West side rear third floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Brownsville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I arrived at Pear Tree in by Drury on 07/26/2012 and there were some very unpleasant experiences. I want to start off with errors in the reservation process and while by no fault of myself or the hotel, I originally requested a Smoking Room then decided to switch to a Non-Smoking Room and called in two days before arrival. Rachel and Joshua were the clerks on duty. Originally I was a bit skeptical about Joshua because of the time it was taking to check into the hotel. With that being said, I was not pleased by the fact that Rachel was unpleasant by stating that it was too bad and I was going to have to stay in a Smoking Room. When I arrived in room 413; I began to undress the beds and found hairs in the blankets, floors that were not vacuumed, and toenail clippings on the side of the other bed. I called security to come up and see as I felt very uneasy about staying in this room.

I approached the Front Desk in the morning and as always was greeted warmly by Tiffany already knew who I was and listened to my complaint. She was very empathetic. I really appreciate the fact that this property appreciates my consideration of Pear Tree Inn by Drury and said she was going to speak with her Manager Kevin. I understand that it was Kevin’s first day actually running the property and he was very empathetic and I also informed the staff to speak with the person who cleaned the room. As a result of this unpleasant experience, Kevin did not charge me for the night. This was the redemption from the property and for that though an unpleasant stay I have to give kudos for nearly losing me as a customer. I will return to this property in hopes that this was an isolated experience.

Room Tip: Always request the ESAVER rate as it is your best value. Make sure that if you make a change to your...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We sincerely apologize that you had a concern during your stay at our hotel. We value your business and sincerely regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved. Your comments will help us address the issues you brought to our attention so we can improve our service for our future guests. On behalf of myself and the team I would like to welcome you back sometime in the near future. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Next time you are in town please feel free to contact me directly; I would like to personally welcome you back to the hotel, and ensure that you enjoy your stay to the fullest.

Kevin Heinemann
Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

From check-in to check-out, this hotel delivered. Older hotel but one of the best maintained I've stayed in. Great bed, very clean , great water pressure in shower, nice little free buffet in the evening with snacks, beer & wine provided. Excellent location near airport & shopping. Young lady that was at the front desk was so nice & efficient....several guests showed up to check in and were assuming that their rooms were reserved & pre-paid via emplyer. She handled a potentially volatile situation so well & had those big burley men purring like kittens in no time. I travel to San Antonio several times a month for business & will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This place is old but in working condition
The breakfast was okay and included yogurt, waffles, bananas, Apple and orange juice, bagels and cream cheese, cereal and oatmeal, but had no salt.
The room was big but kind of run down, the bathroom is super small you can barely get one person there, it has a toilet with a button to choose high flush or low flush but the button kept getting stuck.
The TV is very old and not very good
About half the electric outlets in the room didn't work
The hotel has snacks featuring popcorn chili dogs soft drinks and wine and beer in the afternoon which was free, but the popcorn wasn't very good small kernels and to buttery, we didn't try to chili dogs
The pool is nice but there was no hot tub.
I probably wouldn't stay here again but the price was the cheapest in San Antonio and probably worth the money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
We sincerely apologize that you had a concern during your stay at our hotel. We value your business and sincerely regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved. Your comments will help us address the issues you brought to our attention so we can improve our service. It would be very helpful if you would contact the hotel so we track down what room had these issues and fix them so another guest does not experience the same issues. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Stephanie West
Pear Tree Inn by Drury
Marksville, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This hotel is close to the Airport, Six Flags, Seaworld, and shopping. It is a older hotel that could use some TLC on the outside and just a little bit of changes on the inside. Breakfast was great and the Evening Drinks and Snacks is a great time to just sit and relax. Me and my wife just went for a weekend getaway to Seaworld Texas and enjoyed this hotel. The Bed's are very comfortable and the rooms are nice..... The Staff is so friendly and when you come up for breakfast they all ask if your okay and that you are enjoying your stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!