“Exceptional Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7615 Jones Maltberger Rd, San Antonio, TX 78216 (North Central)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #157 of 351 hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Antonio, Texas
“Exceptional Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Had a mini reunion of cousins for the weekend and the staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. They made every request happen and even insisted on helping with our luggage-- very unexpected! The rooms are spacious with plenty of room to sit and visit. Breakfasts are very nice. Highly recommend this hotel because of the staff alone! Everything else is a plus!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HyattQuarryAP, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Ilovetotravel1954

A sincere THANK YOU for taking the time to provide us with your comments on Trip Advisor. It’s a fabulous feeling to read positive comments like yours to the team and I will be sure to recognize those that were personally involved with your overall experience.

We realize you have a choice when staying in San Antonio and we would like to thank you for staying at the Hyatt Place Airport/Quarry Market. Again thank you for your comments and we look forward to having you back soon.

Warmest regards,

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Grand Chute, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel was a nice surprise. We booked a hotel away from downtown (which turned out to be only 10 or 15 minutes away). We saved tons of cash and still had the same experience as others who paid 5 times as much to stay right downtown. The bonus - we had a QUIET space away from the nosie of downtown San Antonio! We'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul E.,

A sincere THANK YOU for taking the time to give us your comments on Trip Advisor and for the positive feedback. It’s a fabulous feeling to read positive comments like yours to the team. Our goal is to provide authentic purposeful service to our guests and when I read comments like yours this tells me we are.

Again thank for your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Place San Antonio/Quarry Market hotel “real” soon!

Warmest regards,

Port Aransas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Tried to check in at 4pm on a Sunday; was rudely told rooms were being inspected? Clerk, who was a Sales Manager told me to call back? This was very inconvenient as we had to leave for about an hour and call to see if rooms were ready. We just drove 3 hours to get there. I asked for a high room when I came back. Male clerk was very polite and offered me 2 choices. Sales Manager was helping my brother and told them he had to give her a credit card? We grew up in the hotel business, and a sufficient cash deposit is standard. My brother was embarrassed by how he was being treated. We finally opted to put their room charge on my credit card so we could check in and go out to dinner. Rooms were dirty, and floor had cola spilled on it and headboards were sticky. I stayed 3 nights and glasses were not replaced, and 1st day in the morning, maid just WALKED IN without knocking! She didn't even apologize, just said "oops, I didn't know anyone was here". Mind you, "do not disturb" sign was not on door. I will never stay here again! Breakfast was ok, but no forks were out nor was there anyone available to help with this. I heard over and over that they were booked full because of Spring Break. They need to thoroughly clean their rooms and yes, lobby is nice and clean, but hallways need carpet-cleaning. If you do choose to stay here, don't stay on highway 281 side. Between cars, motorcycles, trains, and planes, you will not get good sleep. I will stay somewhere else next time. Probably a Marriott property. They tend to install double paned windows to help with noise. The only nice thing that happened was one of the maids was nice enough to bring me a luggage cart to my room. It did appear that head maid on 3rd floor would rather gossip, then clean rooms. She was also the one who walked into my room without knocking! This hotel needs a Manager! The room I was staying in had water leak from room above. I had read this about another traveler who stayed here. These kind of repairs need to be addressed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear London 2121,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments on Trip Advisor. I wish to extend a sincere apology for the shortcoming experienced and truly appreciate the feedback and recommendations.

Please let me know when your travels bring you back to our hotel and I will personally handle your arrangements.

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place San Antonio/Quarry Market. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kindest Regards,

canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

located with easy access to airport , malls and resteraunts. lots of parking and great staff. Nice are to sit by the bar and a good breakfast in the morning.
When we asked for directions they were very helpfull.
A great room with good towels and great beds.

Room Tip: room facing to back of hotel has less noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Restleswanderer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive feedback on Trip Advisor . One of the nicest part of my job is reading wonderful comments like yours and sharing them with my staff.

Kindest Regards,

Chris Arango
San Angelo, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The hotel is good,in a nice location,good price,free breakfast ,spacious rooms but the air condition is noisy.i couldn't sleep till 3 am and I ad to turn it off.mattresses are tough too.for one night is ok because of the fair value.

Room Tip: If you have air condition off,then get a room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Betty,

Thank you for taking the time to gives us your comments on Trip Advisor. I wish to extend our heartfelt apologies for the issues encountered during your visit. We are disappointed that you were not satisfied with your stay and that you left with a negative impression of us.

We realize you have a choice when staying in San Antonio and I’d like to invite you back to give us another opportunity to show you the type of service and product we are proud to deliver. Please contact me directly when your travels bring you back to San Antonio so I may personally handle your arrangements. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With Kindest Regards,

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I needed a place to stay that was close to the airport. Although the stay was a quick one, the check in and out process was speedy.The wi-fi connection was easy and speedy. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Smithville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Nice product.
Associates were quite friendly.
The room was nice as well as clean.
Parking was adequate. Easy to get to and get out of.
Breakfast was very good.
Associate to guest ratio seemed adequate.
Keep it up.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!