“Conviennent to the Airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7615 Jones Maltberger Rd, San Antonio, TX 78216 (North Central)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #150 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
“Conviennent to the Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I needed a place to stay that was close to the airport. Although the stay was a quick one, the check in and out process was speedy.The wi-fi connection was easy and speedy. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Smithville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Nice product.
Associates were quite friendly.
The room was nice as well as clean.
Parking was adequate. Easy to get to and get out of.
Breakfast was very good.
Associate to guest ratio seemed adequate.
Keep it up.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the holidays. The location is excellent for anyone visiting the near Northside or Downtown. I also got a rate that was 75% of what the airport hotels along Loop 410 wanted and a much quieter place to stay besides.

The room was in fact a suite with a living area, desk, and dressing areas, separate from the sleeping area. Very well laid out and convenient. I asked for a room on a high floor away from the highway, got it, and very much appreciated the quiet.

I could not eat the breakfast. The hot items were watery and bland and seemed to have been microwaved. The cold items were cheap and uninteresting. The fruit salad had turned. Good coffee.

They advertised free internet but after a few days they began to turn down my service. After a week I could only get internet in the lobby and for the last three days I could not get internet at all. When I asked at the desk they pretended not to know what was happening.

With that said the location, price, and room quality made this a good stay. You are two minutes from the Quarry Market and all the food and drink you can want. 5 minutes from Trinity, Incarnate Word, and the Zoo. 5 minutes from North Star Mall, and 2 minutes from the airport when you leave town.

I will almost certainly stay here again because it is the only hotel near my family. I wonder if it couldn't be better managed?

Room Tip: High on the west side away from the highway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I book this stay 4 weeks in advance and requested a 1st floor room. After waiting 15 min to check in, they said they had run out of 1st floor rooms and put me on the 3rd floor.

After struggling with the wifi for over an hour they said the router on the 3rd floor wasn't working and they would switch my room to a different floor where the router was working. All of a sudden, they could put me in a 1st floor room (why didn't they put me on the floor I requested in the first place?!). I changed rooms and the wifi was working finally, but the mini fridge was completely dead and moldy. Had to call and wait a long time to get a new one.

I travel a lot for work and have never had so many problems with any hotel, much less this many problems on the first day! Stay away from this hotel...they DO NOT have it together!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I needed a place for an overnight stay in this area and selected the Hyatt Place because of previous stays at Hyatt Place's across the country. While the property had the same amenities, layout, and ample size, and features as the others, this one just didn't seem to have the same quality that I've come to like from this chain. I was disappointed. Here's why:

1) The elevator was possibly the slowest elevator I've ever been in. My room was on the fifth floor and it took forever. Not a great opening experience in a hotel.
2) The king bed in the room was nicely made up, but when I got on top of it to go to sleep, the mattress was very very soft, and saggy. It probably needed to go.
3) The shower head was not of a good quality and the water pressure in the morning was minimal, making a good shower and hair wash difficult.
4) The Noise. I believe that my room did not face the highways in the area, but it must have been close enough for both the highway noise and TRAIN noise to be very disturbing. (Its not something the hotel can do much about, but the window quality must not be the "best" to keep noise out.) Perhaps rooms on the back side are a better choice.
5) Overall friendliness and attentiveness of the staff was average - and I don't like to be nitpicky - but I came back in the evening and liked the thought of a chocolate chip cookie. The cookies had a small sign next to them suggesting "these are great when they are warmed up". But the clerk - who was also doing registration/checkin and tending bar at the same time - didn't ask if I wanted it warmed - he should have - and I didn't ask, and I should have. It would have been really good warmed up!

A 1-5 rating is always subjective. I was thinking that this was "poor", but in comparison with really "poor" hotel experiences, this wasn't one of them. So, I think it was poor, in comparison with other Hyatt Place experiences, but only average when compared with all other hotels and other chains. When I have a choice among many places of similar types of hotels - Courtyard, Hampton, Homewood, Aloft, I usually choose Hyatt Place. This time, it didn't live up to my expectations and it disappointed... but it was still clean, warm, and relatively comfortable. I imagine there are better alternatives in the area...

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway and train tracks....
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Kind of confusing where to check in. Doors to offices off the lobby were open revealing a lot of clutter. Hairs in tub in bathroom, shower head coming out of wall, cordless phone in room not working, front desk staff not very warm and didn't know of any place that delivered pizza in the area. Really? Was told bill would be under my door in the morning- it wasn't. Room was spacious. Bathroom fan made noise all night but wasn't on?? Weird. Stay was not horrible, not great either. I will look for other options next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed December 2012
Novi, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We recently held a two day training at this hotel - it was fantastic! I was planning the training from Michigan about a month prior to the actual training so I wasn't able to check out the site personally before arriving. Everyone was wonderful; the planning prior to arrival went very smooth and everything was ready when we arrived. The hotel staff was incredibly attentive and helpful. The guest rooms were clean and very spacious. The meeting room was fantastic and when we ran into some AV trouble they made sure everything was working properly well before our meeting started. They truly went above and behind to help make this a great training. I didn't have to worry about anything. It was close to the airport and not too far from the River Walk. The breakfast was by far the best we've had at a hotel. Everything was fantastic; I would definitely reccommend it o anyone staying in the area. The only slight downside was it was a little loud being so close to the freeway but nobody in our group had any trouble sleeping.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!