“Ok stay but not great” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn San Antonio Airport

You added Residence Inn San Antonio Airport to your Saves list
Residence Inn San Antonio Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1014 NE Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78209 (Oak Park / Northwood)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
15% Off Three Night Stays
Ranked #116 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Ok stay but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Location is tough to get to off the highway. If you take the wrong exit or don't follow the access road early enough, the turn into the property is almost impossible.

Although supposed to be a smoke free environment, it must be a recent change as my room smelled of smoke. Don't know if the changeover didn't clean it enough or if someone before me was smoking in the room.

Service was good and staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed November 2013
Genaralmanager19, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear that you were put in a room where someone had possibly smoked. The hotel has a strict smoke free policy and charges a fee of $250 to anyone who smokes in a room. We have been smoke free for about 4 years now. Also we advise when exiting the freeway to take the frontage road and do the turn around and loop back around versus exiting directly from the freeway. To exit off the freeway directly into the hotel is very dangerous and we do not recomend this! It is also technically illegal due to the solid white line! Again thank you so much for writing a review and helping us improve our services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The hotel is falling apart, and it it doesn't appear to be up to the typical Marriott Standards. However, the hotel staff is very friendly, so that made up for it. It's in a great location, close to the Airport, so you don't have to wake up too early to catch your flight. I recommend just staying here for one night.

Room Tip: Avoid getting a room next to the highway. It makes for a very loud night.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Genaralmanager19, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on the hotel. While I am disappointed that you feel it was not up to Marriott standards I am pleased that our service made up for it. If you would like to contact me further to discuss I am open to any suggestions for improvement. Thanks so much again and for choosing the Residence Inn San Antonio Airport.
Stittsville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Residence Inn for a week while I conducted business meetings in the city. We were looking for another location with a full kitchen to save on costs, and have had good experiences with the Residence Inn brand in the past.

This Residence Inn looks relatively new, with clean facilities. It's laid out with three buildings surrounding a courtyard, with a basketball and tennis court in the middle, along with a pool and a whirlpool. The rooms mirror other locations, although as I mentioned they appear to be newer than other locations.

The facilities were excellent; I appreciated the ability to relax and play some basketball, or for a swim in the pool to cool off. There was also excellent food choices for the first few nights of the week, which is a normal feature of Residence Inn. The only draw-back was seating - at times it was hard to find seating in the commons area for breakfast - a sign of how popular it was!

Our only issue was that our room backed onto the elevator... convenient, but when trying to sleep you could hear it and the dings whenever someone used it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Genaralmanager19, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay here at the Residence Inn San Antonio Airport hotel. We are thrilled to read such great comments and they have been shared with the staff. Thanks again and hope to see you next time you are visiting San Antonio.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We needed a place to stay close to the airport before our early flight. I didn't want to spend much since we would literally only spend 8 hours (7.5 of which sleeping) there. I got a great rate of $80 for a studio room. The room had a kitchen, living area, and separate sleeping area. The room was very clean and extremely spacious. I'd say a family of 5 could sleep there comfortably. We didn't get a chance to use the recreational areas but they seemed nice. We used the complementary airport shuttle and that was speedy and friendly as well. Finally, the complementary breakfast was top of the line and would be worth paying $10 per person for.

Side note: the city bus picks up 3 blocks away from the hotel and brings you straight to the riverwalk and Alamo area for $1.20 per person. Much better than a $30 cab each way!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Genaralmanager19, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
We truly appreciate your comments and make every effort to make sure all guests leave happy. We are glad this was the case for you and look forward to welcoming you back again. Thank you for staying with us.
turgtusteynam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I'm happy to be here at this hotel. The reception was nice. The room was nice. The A/C did the job on those 100 degree days. Love having the kitchen. Yep....I can dig it. The occasional aircraft flying overhead during the day but quiet at late-night, so that wasn't a problem.

Room Tip: Ask for the upgrade.
Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Genaralmanager19, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
We are happy to have you as a guest of our hotel, and truly appreciate the comments. Thank you so much for staying with us.
Mission, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We just spent 3 nights at Residence Inn San Antonio Airport while touring colleges in the San Antonio / Austin area. Accommodations were comfortable. The hotel was very quiet considering it was right next to the expressway and close to airport. We did not hear any traffic while in our room and the airplane noise was minimal and not an issue at all. In fact, it seems this hotel is generally very quiet and did not have many busy families and young children. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. We look for free parking, free wifi, and free hot breakfast when choosing a hotel and this one has all of those things plus friendly people.

The breakfast consisted of various hot options like eggs, sausage, waffles, oatmeal, potatoes; as well as, cold cereal, yogurt, fruit, pastries, bagels, toast. The coffee in the rooms is not good, but the coffee in the breakfast area is very good. Social hour (Mon-Wed) Veggie night was: salad, chips & dip, fruit, brownies, veggies, lemonade, soda, wine, beer. Meatloaf night: meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn on cob, salad, fruit, chips & dip, lemonade, soda, beer, wine. We really only ate out for lunch while we were out in town and since we were back in time for the social hour were able to enjoy the food in the evening. The only thing that needs improvement is the carpets, they are stained and felt dirty. I would recommend you don't forget to pack your house slippers to wear in your hotel room. Also, you should pack your shampoo and conditioner because those bottles in the room are very small and will not be sufficient for even one wash. Again, wonderful staff, great food, comfortable and quiet!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Genaralmanager19, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay here with us. I am glad your stay was a good one despite the carpets being an issue. We have our carpets on regularly scheduled cleaning but it appears we might need to address your room further! Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn San Antonio Airport as your home away from home.
Kalispell, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I choose this property due to its location close to the airport and Ft Sam Houston. This trip was for business so I did not care to be downtown on the River Walk. The first thing I noticed as the nice reception I received by the check-in assistant. Everyone was very pleasant but the property is very dated and worn down. The staff tries to keep it looking nice but renovations are desperately needed. I stayed in room 106 and the building where this room is located as well as the room itself has a terrible smell. It smells like mildew but worse. I had a hard time dealing with the smell but I did not ask to be moved as I really didn't think it would do any good and I didn't really want to move to another hotel but I almost did and would have if I had a longer stay planned. I will not be staying at this hotel any longer on my San Antonio trips. I will choose a newer hotel in the same area.

Room Tip: The building with room 106 smelled bad. I would avoid that building if possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for giving your feedback and my apologies your room was not up to the standard you have come to expect from Marriott. We have addressed the smell in this room and this building. The hotel is due to undergo a renovation in 2014 and this will address some of the dated issues you found. I hope you will reconsider staying with us? Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance. Thanks again for your honest feedback.

Been to Residence Inn San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!