“Wonderful Temporary home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn San Antonio Airport

You added Residence Inn San Antonio Airport to your Saves list
Residence Inn San Antonio Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1014 NE Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78209 (Oak Park / Northwood)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
15% Off Three Night Stays
Ranked #116 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Fort Worth, Texas
“Wonderful Temporary home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I just spent a 6 month stay at this hotel and all I can say is WOW!. This place has customer service down. I work on the road and spent the last three years in hotels in several states, and this location is the very best. The manager, Sue is amazing, she has trained her staff to not be just professional to absolutely, amazingly friendly. When even the room service employees know your name and greet you with a big smile and hello! it starts to feel like home. Sue always supplied additional dishes for my room (I cooked in the suite), additional tables to use in my office/living room. When I got mail or packages they even delivered to my room.
The room always smelled amazing, very clean, like your own home smells after cleaning. The maintenance staff is also very good. Over such a long period of time, some things are bound to need repairing, and they were always on top of it, always the same day. Hallways always clean and bright. The whole place is very bright, cheerful, and I always felt safe there. It felt like home, and now that I have had to move on for work,I am disappointed in every hotel I have looked at. Nothing can compare to the staff, location, cleanliness and friendliness. I will stay here every time I visit San Antonio, and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a home away from home.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Magnolia, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Don't stay here the hotel room wasn't clean at all very old and smelled in the hall way the parking lot isn't secure AT ALL my mother in laws car was stolen the hotel did put us in there other hotel downtown but that was after we made a big deal about how uncomfortable we were bc 3 cars where broken into and my mother in laws stolen I was really mad about the lack of care for my mother in laws feelings about her car being stolen that's not even all of it the room smelled so bad I didn't want my kids touching anything bc everything seemed to have been half cleaned I was getting into bed for the first night pulled back the covers and I found A LOT hair in the bed as if someone had cleaned out their hair brush and it obviously hasn't been changed from the last guest I had my kids sleep on top of blankets I was very disappointed about everything I will never stay there again

• Stayed March 2013
Genaralmanager19, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
The safety and security of our guests is of the utmost importance to us here at the Residence Inn San Antonio Airport. We are deeply saddened by your expereince at this hotel and have implemented measures to try to prevent future incidences. We will never stop crime but we can try to prevent it and while I believe we had measures in place to prevent, we have added additional security to the hotel overnight. Unfortunately, this can occur in any major city in any public place but when it happens at a hotel there is little we can do to ensure the guest leaves with a positive impression, no matter how hard we try. Thank you for your reposnse and I hope you will continue to use Marriott hotels in the future.
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Spent a night here before flying out, it has all the amenities expected at a residence inn. We booked the two room suite and it was nicer than some because it had a fire place, but it was in need of some updating. The windows didnt close all the way and the bathrooms were dated. For a night it was great, but it needs some attention.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we value feedback and comments such as yours. We hope you will continue to stay with us in the future should your travel plans bring you to San Antonio again. The hotel was renovated in 2008 and scheduled for an additional renovation in 2014.
Fairburn, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The hotel was great. I arrived there at 11:30am, did a early check-in. The front desk was great. The room had a queen bed in the master, a queen sofa bed in the livingroom, stovetop, full size frig and dishes. I booked this hotel a day before leaving and all of my requests were made. Will go back again.

Room Tip: Get a high floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Genaralmanager19, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn San Antonio Airport and for your kind words about the hotel, I will share your comments with my staff. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel during an overnight layover and found it to be a great value. When I arrived, I called the hotel for their complimentary airport shuttle van and someone picked me up in 15 minutes. You must call the hotel to receive this service. Their shuttle does not automatically come every 30 minute.

Arrival:
Once i arrived at the front desk, the staff was friendly and gavr great advice. My needs of having a room on the top (3rd) floor and other specifications were met. I also put early check-in on my reservation and received it.

Location:
This hotel is close to the airport but at least 20-25 minutes from the Riverwalk and other attractions. You will need a rental car.

Parking:
Its free

Restaurants:
There are 2 within walking distance. I tried Chester's Hamburgers and it was great. The burgers are huge and cooked to order.

Complimentary Breakfast:
This doesnt start until 7am therefore i didnt have a chance to enjoy this amenity.

Overall this place was wonderful.

• Stayed February 2013
Genaralmanager19, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
We appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thanks for choosing the Residence Inn San Antonio AIrport as your home away from home.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

The two bedroom suite was perfect for a visit to San Antonio with our son. Our son has always wanted to visit the Alamo so we planned a trip to the area. The hotel is convenient to all the major sights, the airport and many restaurants. The staff was super friendly and the full hot breakfast was very good each morning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Genaralmanager19, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and got to spend part of your Holiday Season with us here at the Residence Inn San Antonio Airport. We hope to see you again soon!
Dupont, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Would stay here again. Easy access to Fort Sam and the airport. Plenty of dining options close by.

The front desk staff was very friendly and professional. The room was a good size with a functional kitchen and a comfortable bed. The free wireless was was fast enough to stream video (much appreciated!).

Didn't make it to the manager's reception, but the free breakfast was nice.

Some of the room surfaces are a bit dated, but otherwise an excellent stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Genaralmanager19, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments about your recent stay here at the Residence Inn San Antonio Aiport. Nothing makes us happier than knowing we have made a guests stay a pleasant one. We look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Residence Inn San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!