You added Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Downtown/Market Square to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Downtown/Market Square
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Santa Rosa South, San Antonio, TX 78204 (Avenida Guadalupe)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #102 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Fort Worth, Texas
“Has Improved...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Used to stay here a ton for work over the years. I switched as the property was tired and showing its age. I came this past week due to a cancellation at another property due to plumbing issues. I was pleasantly surprised. Lobby has been updated to the new Courtyard Cafe motif. Grounds were green and lush. Rooms were typical for the chain and could use a refresh. Service all around was very good.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Kristin S, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We are so glad to have you back with us! Thank you for giving us another opportunity to impress you with our recently renovated lobby and superior guest service! We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Weare, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at the Courtyard on Thursday evening, and was very pleased with my experience.

First, the location is super convenient... just a couple hundred yards off the highway exit.

Second, the manager was very friendly and accommodated my request for an early check-in. The lobby had coolers with drinks that were actually COLD.

Third, my room was clean and smelled clean. Well-sized bathroom. Decent toiletries. SUPER-SOFT towels. And the bed was VERY comfortable!

The pool was clean, though a little cooler than I'd prefer. The Jacuzzi was clean and just hot enough! Ahhh, relaxation! After a long day of driving and a lengthy visit to The Alamo, I returned to the hotel, took a QUICK swim (too cold!) and then soaked my aching body in that marvelous Jacuzzi.

After the soak, I returned to my cool room and continued to recover from the 85-degree heat I had endured all day. Thank good the room had an excellent air conditioner!

I was disappointed the hotel didn't offer at least a continental breakfast... but that would be the only thing I can offer as a negative (and it really isn't a criticism, its more of an observation).

Overall, I am pleased to recommend this hotel, and likely would stay here again if I return to San Antonio!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Kristin S, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! You certainly took advantage of a number of the amenities available to our guests and we couldn't be more pleased! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again soon!
minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Awesome place to stay, close to most all interesting sites, about 2 blocks to the Riverwalk, Alamo, Sedway tours, Market, etc. Hotel was very accommodating with free breakfast, wifi, parking for extended hours after checkout time, clean, outdoor pool, beer and wine available for purchase, advice on attractions, etc. loved it.

Room Tip: All was great, willing to move you if needed.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let other travelers know that the San Antonio Courtyard Downtown Market Square is the best hotel in Downtown San Antonio! Our complimentary wi-fi and parking, along with our Bistro restaurant for breakfast, combined with the great care and pride our staff takes in their responsibilities ensures that our guests enjoy a memorable and comfortable stay and return to us again and again! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you for your next trip!
Rockdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Not a bad hotel. Fairly good location. Easy to access main highways, I35 and I37. Not real convenient to river walk if that is your destination. Except for hotel, parking costs everywhere from $5 to $20, depending what's going on that weekend. Had problems with elevator on several occasions, however they did give free breakfast the next day or as long as elevator was out of commission. No free breakfast or coffee. They turned their restaurant area into a Starbucks so you had to pay a lot for any food. for instance a breakfast sandwich, yogurt and large latte was in the neighborhood of $17 with tip. A little expensive. Used to staying in Hampton Inns where breakfast and coffee are free. Although rooms were equipped with refridgerators there were no microwaves, which is another disappointment when compared to Hampton Inns. Also did not find the staff overly friendly. Stayed in hotel for over 30 days. Maid service was very good, they kept room very fresh and straight. Could also hear toilets flush in ajoining rooms.

Room Tip: Try to stay on first floor, seem to have elevator issues.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Your description of the San Antonio Courtyard Downtown Market Square hotel is accurate - our location combined with our complimentary parking makes us one of the most popular hotels in Downtown San Antonio. However, sometimes an issue will arise that is out of our control and we will go above and beyond for our guests that are inconvenienced. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your long-term stay with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to San Antonio!
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I live in Houston and go to San Antonio a couple of times a year to enjoy the river walk. I've stayed in this hotel before and will stay again. Very clean, seems freshly remodeled. The a/c really cools down the room and the fan is quite loud which helps keep out any noise you might hear in the hallways/adjoining rooms. We didn't hear a peep even though it was Easter weekend and the hotel was FULL of families. No breakfast but really, for me the biggest thing is a comfy bed, a dark and cool room and quiet. They fulfilled everyone of my top items and have done it everytime I've stayed. Thanks!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
For a great night's sleep, a cool, quiet and dark room is suggested - and that is exactly what we provide to our overnight guests! When traveling, either on business or leisure, a good night's sleep makes for a much more efficient and relaxing trip. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward too seeing you again!
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently completed a stay at the Marriott Courtyard- Market Square, in San Antonio. I will begin by saying this was my first trip to San Antonio, and have stayed at a variety of Marriott properties, including many Courtyards, over the years. I will begin with the good- the price was very reasonable compared to Riverwalk hotel locations, the hotel has easy access to the highway, and is close to Market Square. The front desk staff was very friendly and the lobby was updated and in good condition. We were greeted by very friendly and pleasant staff who provided directions, and also advised us about the heated pool (which we were looking forward to given the good weather) and the proximity to town.

Unfortunately, the pool was ice cold so it wasn’t swimmable, and while the hotel was a few blocks from market square, and not very far from Riverwalk, it didn’t feel very safe walking around town, especially at night. I would say that doing the walk during the day might be fine, but at night, would advise renting a car if heading to local attractions. Overall, this wasn’t the best Marriott experience, given the rooms weren’t updated and the pool not being heated, combined with having to drive everywhere.

Room Tip: Given the pool didnt have any activity it was quiet facing the interior courtyard. I would recommen...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Kristin S, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your compliments on our recently renovated lobby, incredible location and friendly staff are greatly appreciated! We also thank you for you bringing the pool temperature to our attention. We have notified our engineering department to ensure that this was an isolated issue. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to San Antonio!
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

This hotel was really pretty when you first walk in. Very modern, but when you get to the room, it's pretty average. Can't complain too much though since it was very clean. It was walking distance from the riverwalk, and just about anything else you wanted to go, thankfully, because if you wanted to drive and find a parking place you would have to pay everywhere!! I loved the hot tub, pool and gym (even though the weather didn't cooperate, we weren't able to use the pool but once.) I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Kristin S, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Our recently renovated lobby, guest rooms and Bistro restaurant have been a big hit. Thank you for noticing! We're glad to hear that you took advantage of some of the amenities that we have to offer - complimentary parking, 24-hour fitness room access, indoor whirlpool just to name a few. Hopefully, our Texas weather will be accomodating enough to allow you to use the pool on your return trip!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Downtown/Market Square? Share your experiences!