“Meeting Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square

You added Fairfield Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   620 South Santa Rosa, San Antonio, TX 78204 (Avenida Guadalupe)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Escape to Sea World Deal
Ranked #79 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Moore, Oklahoma
“Meeting Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Conference room was exceptional! Very convenient. The members of our team were all extremely pleased with the recently renovated accommodations. Will definitely book future meetings at this hotel. The cookies were scrumptous! Thanks Alli.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Andrew C, Manager at Fairfield Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very pleased that you were able to enjoy our facilities and staff. We hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Valley City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Wow, what a great hotel with a staff that was the nicest ever. Very helpful, patient and kind. Especially when we need tourist information. This was our first time there, and it was a ideal place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Andrew C, Manager at Fairfield Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate reading all the nice comments about our staff, and are pleased we were able to make your first stay with us a memorable one. We hope to see you again next time you find yourself in San Antonio!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I took a group of friends from our senior church club and had a great stay this past weekend. We arrived one hour before check in and 2 rooms out of the 10 were not ready but staff at front office jumped on it and a 10 minute wait was all they had to wait. The group manager Allie was soooo helpful, every time I called her with a question she was on top of it and returned my calls and always had a helpful answer for me, she even gave me her personal cell phone # in case I could not reach her at the hotel, how about that! The property was clean and location was great. We had a good stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very pleased your group was able to enjoy your time with us. We hope to see you again in the future!
Magnolia, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed 3 nights taking a day trip to Comfort, TX, going to Seaworld and to the zoo with our 2 kids, 13 and 5 years old. The hotel staff was very friendly. The property had an overall neat, clean appearence. The entrance to I-35 is very convienent, but not so close you hear freeway noise in the room.

We had no problems throughout our stay. My kids enjoyed the indoor pool, which looked clean and was stocked with towels. The equipment in the fitness room was in good working order. The breakfast was pretty good. There is a small refrigerator stocked with microwaveable sausage biscuts, sausage wrapped in a pancake on a stick, yogurt and cartons of milk. There was also a selection of cereal, bagels, muffins, fresh fruit, coffee, juice and make-your-own waffles.

I booked this hotel on the Seaworld San Antonio website as one of the "package deals" that came with a season pass. The hotel does not offer a shuttle to/from Seaworld. Not a big deal for us. It was about a 20 minute drive to get to Seaworld. The hotel is very close to the riverwalk and Alamo. Not close enough to walk there, but about a 5 minute drive. You will have to pay to park anywhere around the riverwalk.

I would stay here again, without a doubt. My wife thought the bathroom had an ammonia/urine smell, but my kids and I didn't notice it. The a/c kept the room nice and cool and it was loud. The tv and the wi-fi worked great.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor away from the elevator. No problems with excess noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Andrew C, Manager at Fairfield Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are very pleased that you were able to enjoy your time at our hotel. We hope to see you again next time you find yourself in the Alamo city!
Hebbronville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I Booked the Fairfield thru Hotels.com for a surprise anniversary gift for my wife along with a George Strait concert about 3months in advance. Upon, arrival at 3 pm our rooms were not ready. We waited 1hr 45 minutes others were also waiting. After 1hr of waiting the first three people complained & they got their rooms for free as I complained the lady seemed not care. I later found out because I had paid in advance she said there was nothing she could do. So in other words I was preblank because I prepaid. After standing @ the front desk 1hr 40minutes I told the front desk what they can do for me that it was our anniversary and we are now running late. She offered a double bed room and then asked her if she would like to stay in a double bed room on her anniversary she just laughed and said that what she can give us. So we took the room no choice now running late to the show. We got to the room towels were dirty; one bed smelled like vomit, bathroom was dirty, and fridge had someone’s soda in it. We had no time to complain just rushed off to the concert. When we returned a guy at the front desk said there would be a paper in our room apologizing for the inconvenience. We got to our room paper offered $30 off room, 3000 points or a free movie. When we went to go check out I informed the lady I did not want any of these things she said she couldn’t offer them anyway because we prepaid. She said that they would contact us by phone and email me a coupon or a voucher for a free night at any Fairfield or Marriott related hotel for what we originally paid for to use when we liked. That was June 2, 2013 and I am still waiting for that. Our stay was only one night, but it felt longer because of all the issues we encountered. I do not think we will ever stay here again. This hotel gave us too much to worry about. This was the worst hotel stay we've ever experienced in San Antonio. I tried calling and requested to speak to the manager, I was told that he was busy and that they could always have the manager call me back. We still have not heard from the "manager". I was very disappointed with the service we received during our stay, however it feels like since we checked out they have not been willing to help us at all and do not seem to care if their customers ever do come back. We should have spent the night in my car. There is nothing fair about Fairfield Inn. Just a bunch of empty promises.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car if you have no other choice than stay here. I believe I will.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew C, Manager at Fairfield Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel, and are terribly sorry for the issues you experienced during your stay. We all feel aweful that we weren't able to live up to the expectations of both a Fairfield Inn and a Marriott hotel. I would appreciate it if you could contact me at the hotel directly at (210) 299-1000 so that we can do what is necessary to make this right. Again we apologize for the problems during your stay, and hope in the future we can have a second chance to not only meet your expectations, but exceed them.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in early June. Was really impressed with the upgraded hotel which has a new feeling ambiance from the moment you arrive. The hallways and rooms look awesome with lots of desk space and the rooms come with a microwave and refrigrator. This came in very helpful , especially with the San Antonio heat it was real nice coming back to refrigrated beverages.
The breakfast was good too with waffles, Jimmy dean sandwhiches and your typical continental favourites. Every one of the staff we spoke to were super friendly and engaging which added to the experience.

Would definitely recommend and will come back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew C, Manager at Fairfield Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very pleased you were able to enjoy your time with us, and hope to see you again in the future!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I were looking for a nice place near the Riverwalk and Market Square without having to pay the high price tag. This place is it. About a 3-5 minute walk to market square, 3 minute drive to the Riverwalk and the Alamo, and there is a trolley stop located right next to the hotel. (It's about a 10 minute walk to the Riverwalk, but best not hoof it at night). The staff is incredibly friendly, the room was clean and modern, and the beds extremely comfortable. They also give you a map and a packet of nearby places and restaurants to check out. My advice, don't go to those restaurants- total tourist traps. Go check out the local spots for great Tex-Mex. That said, if you want a nice hotel in a good location at a good price, this is the place. And I have to say again, extremely friendly staff. I was really impressed by that. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Andrew C, Manager at Fairfield Inn San Antonio Downtown/Market Square, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are very pleased you were able to enjoy your time with us. We hope to see you again next time you are in San Antonio!