“Love this hotel.......balconies, refrig, byob.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk

You added Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   830 N. St. Mary's Street, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Formerly Hawthorn Inn & Suites) (East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #66 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hillsboro, TX
“Love this hotel.......balconies, refrig, byob.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

My husband and I took our four kids plus 2 of their friends so we had two rooms of 4 booked for two nights at the Indigo. I could have stayed longer......the rooms were so nice, very open wood floor concept. Modern fixtures and wall decor. All rooms had a web bar with refrigerator -- ice maker down the hall. Some of the rooms have nice balconies. Swimming pool was a little small but lots of 20-30 year couple down there reading and relaxing. The patio had wonderful sofa's and chairs to relax have a drink or read a book. The hotel bar had a full selection but even nicer was that we were allowed to bring our own and party on the patio if we wished. We also watched allot of couples go down and take the river taxi to the party scene just around the river walk. Our teens had a blast......being able to come an go with the river taxi or trolley car both stopping frequently at our door step. I will be staying here again soon. Oh almost forgot if you have a Keurig coffee maker -- you'll have one in your room here too bring your k-cups ;D

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
SoCal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Lots of pluses with this one. Terrific staff, comfortable rooms, excellent bath. Also some minuses: the pool is small, its about a 20 minute walk to most of the downtown cultural sites; parking is expensive. If you have a car highly recommend tapping into the staff's knowledge about dining "off the Riverwalk" since most restaurants on it are overpriced and under-imagined. Try Josephine's Steaks and Wiskey -- the best steaks in Texas (saying a lot for afterall it is Texas) and the coolest vibe ever. Thanks Roy.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Bryan, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

Staff was very accommodating, pleasant and never difficult to find if you have questions. The rooms are very unique, large and beautiful and the shower is to die for! Did not have one negative experience during my stay. The room balcony was a plus and there is dining and a bar on-site. The location can't be beat either as it is directly on the Riverwalk. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

This hotel is not your average smelly, small roomed hotel room. The decor was cool and fresh but the cleanliness was something else.
The service is really good as far as the politeness and immediate response to issues.

I stayed in a 3rd floor room with the Kind size bed. I entered the room and noticed the fan was on in the bathroom. The whole weekend their was a smell from the shower. I used flip flops.

The nice hardwood floor was not swept and as you can see from the pictures there was coffee grounds, hair and dirt. There were also some sugar ants. I found a dirty hand towel and a ladies bathing suit shield (when you buy a new bathing suit they have that to keep the swimsuit clean) in the closet on the floor. The white comforter on the bed had two stains (see pics) and the cow hide long bolt I took off because it had stains and did not want that near my head.

I did call down to the front desk and they sent a housekeeper to bring me a new comforter but why did she take the old one off and leave the new one on the chair?
They did also offer to change my room but I was already unpacked. They sent someone to sweep but they didn't get all of the dirt in the corners. A maintenance man came to spray around the base boards.

The room was nice and open and airy and their is adequate parking. The front desk told me upon check-in that there would be a $13.00 charge per overnight. I read the rolodex information of the hotel in my room and it said $10. I inquired of this with the front desk and they adjusted my rate. Read your information and it works in your favor.

Also the Aveda products they say they have were only two small bars of soap. The one bottle of shampoo was by Breck. Sad.

I would give this hotel another shot but I was disappointed with this stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
IndigoRiverwalk, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
Thank you for posting this review. While we are grateful our staff responded quickly, the problems noted should never have happened. We certainly dropped the ball. This hotel will take steps to contact the guest to personally apologize and arrange for a return visit. We take this feedback seriously and will address these concerns. We hope to welcome back this guest in the near future.
Pasadena, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

Very friendly and helpful staff. Especially Roy. Please note that while hotel is on the river, it is not wheelchair accessible to the river; however, staff was VERY helpful in finding and giving directions to wheelchair accessible location to river front. Parking is an issue at the hotel. While they charge $13 per night, it is not a secure lot. At least one car was broken into while we were there. This is apparently an ongoing issue. While the hotel does not own the lot, if they are going to charge to use it, seems that they should be able to hire security to address the safety issue. Over all, we will definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Marshall, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

We were there midweek, so we thought there might not be the problems with parking that we had heard about. Not only did we have to pay $13 to park overnight, there were no spaces left when we returned after eating dinner at the mercado. We had to park on an adjacent unpaved lot. We were worried about security and wishing we had parked in the cheaper public lot at the end of the block. The room was very nice. The bed was comfortable and the room was attractively decorated. There was a fridge. The bathroom was small but adequate. We were disappointed that breakfast was not included. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. The location is close to the action without being in a noisy spot. If you get a good enough price to offset the parking charge and lack of breakfast, this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

This is the first time I walked into a hotel room and had my jaw drop. I'm not familiar with "boutique" hotels, but I absolutely loved the way the room was decorated. Gave me some ideas for how I want to redo my own at home. Everything about the room was comfortable.
The downside was breakfast in the hotel was horribly slow. They didn't have enough people working. Not good for the business traveler.
Happy hour specials in the bar in the evening were nice.
Overall, a nice hotel.

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk? Share your experiences!