My husband and I spent a relaxing weekend here. I was a little concerned that it was on the Riverwalk, but once we arrived, I knew it was going to be great. It's located about a 10-15 minute walk (1.5-2 miles by foot (developed walkway); a few minutes by River Taxi) from all the madness of the touristy restaurant and shop area in a nice little quiet section of the river. I ran in the morning, and it was one of the nicest runs I've had in this city. The Riverwalk is beautiful in the early morning. The hotel has a nice restaurant/bar area inside, and a lovely outdoor porch/terrace area where you can enjoy a meal, drinks, dessert, or quiet conversation. The pool is nicely situated to one side of the terrace area. The two reasons I didn't give it five stars: 1) they could do a little something with the parking area; it just doesn't give me a warm fuzzy. If it were gated or had a guard house with 24-hour surveillance, I'd feel a lot better about parking my car there. That little section of downtown is suffering from urban blight, and although that is not the fault of the hotel, I feel like it is the responsibility of the hotel to safeguard their guest's property as much as possible, and 2) the terrace bar area speakers are too loud and can be heard in the rooms overlooking the river if you are an "early to bed" person - meaning 10pm. Other than that, we really enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome the Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, an intriguing branded boutique hotel delivering peace and renewal to people who are tired of mundane cookie-cutter hotels. Meandering along the threshold of the Riverwalk in the downtown area you will find yourself close by the Museum of Art, Alamo, El Mercado, Southwest School of Arts & Crafts, Rivercenter Mall, Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, Alamodome, Municipal Auditorium, and Majestic Theater. Local businesses include AT&T, Baptist Hospital, Methodist Healthcare Systems, Fort Sam Houston, Brooke Army Medical Center, Kelly USA, and Lackland AFB. Imagine a 100% smoke free, sophisticated boutique hotel, whose focus is delivering guest peace, serenity and renewal. Experience true Texas hospitality at this jewel just a short stroll to restaurants and bars. Hotel Indigo offers a blend of modern contemporary living with the best in hotel hospitality. Curl up in our over-sized beds with plush bedding, duvets, pillow shams and fluffy pillows. Complimentary WiFi is at your fingertips. Relax and enjoy our Bridges Bar & Bistro for cutting edge cuisine or grab a latte where we proudly brew coffee from a local company. The Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk has been designed as an oasis for travelers who yearn for an escape from the common hotel, but still need the convenience of a fitness center, pool and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, AAA Travel Services, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites San Antonio
- San Antonio Hawthorn Suites