“Nice hotel, service not so much” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk

You added Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   830 N. St. Mary's Street, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Formerly Hawthorn Inn & Suites) (East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #71 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
East Bay, CA
“Nice hotel, service not so much”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed her for business. The room was comfortable and clean, and there is a lot to like about this place. The location is great, there is a pool, and a bar and restaurant right on the premises.

I could not get a reliable wake up call. This really cost me as I had business to attend to, and nearly caused me to miss my flight home. The first time it happened, I was clear that this was a serious issue, but I got no serious response back, as it happened several other times. This laissez faire attitude by management, and no sincere apology for this or other issues I encountered (not toiletries despite asking repeatedly) made me uncomfortable. The least they could have done was ensure the problems were fixed. The fact that they weren't tells me they didn't care about me as a customer. I should not leave a hotel feeling like an inconvenience.

The hotel Indigo at the Alamo was 100 percent kind, courteous, and took excellent care of me as business traveller. Go somewhere else for business needs--like the other Hotel Indigo.

If you are coming to this hotel on vacation with no urgent needs or commitments, I'm sure you could enjoy this place.

• Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear alldingo,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. We are pleased our location suited you well and delighted you found your room accommodations commendable. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and we regret you found the level of service you received less than satisfactory. We have taken note of your valuable comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to this identified weakness.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to stay. I have enjoyed the view from the balcony overlooking the riverwalk. Short ride by water taxi to local restaurants downtown.. Room clean and great staff.. I have really enjoyey stay here...

• Stayed March 2013
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've stayed at other Hotel Indio properties and enjoyed them. This one was nearly brand new when I stayed in early February 2013. Rooms were exceptionally spacious. Love their design esthetic. My travel arrangements were made for me and i had just one night here, then transferred over to Hyatt Regency. Wish I could've spent my entire tay at Indigo! I would rate the hotel higher except that there was room for improvement with staff. They were very nice, but still in training mode so things were a bit slow. Breakfast in onsite restaurant was delicious but again, service was slow. I have confidence in the Hotel Indigo brand and imagine that once staff has gained more experience, people will be giving it the highest ratings.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Our family enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly and the room was spacious with great modern decor. The distance to the main part of the Riverwalk was walkable, but I would not want to walk that far more than once a day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is the second Hotel Indigo that I have stayed at. The previous was in Miami Florida. First off, the hotel is on the riverwalk but out of the way from the popular area. It is not that far away and it took eleven minutes to walk to the main riverwalk area via the street level. If you walk along the river, it will take about twenty minutes. The river taxi also docks at the back of the hotel and that is another option. It is located in an area with nothing around it. across the river they are building a new performing arts center do this area may become more redevloped. The construction noise from the site is not bad and did not bother me at all.

Likes: tall ceilings, friendly staff, clean room, Hi Def TV, free parking for platinum reward members

Dislikes: Parking is across the street, cleaing service was weak (no new towels, no replacement of coffee) I did call the front desk and they brought more towels right away.

The Hotel is a good price for the type of rooms if you do not mind the location.

Room Tip: Get a room on the Riverwalk side.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RWIndigo, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. It does sound like there are areas we need to work on. I have reviewed your concerns with the staff to ensure we get those corrected. We hope to see you again soon.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Had an amazing experience at the Indigo San Antonio River walk. The staff is excellent and personable! We enjoyed every minute of our visit, from sitting at the bar chatting with the bartender, to enjoying the terrace overlooking the riverwalk. What can I say about the beds, amazingly comfortable! Spacious quiet rooms! Can't wait to go back! This is my favorite place to stay

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have balconies! What a great place to relax!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
It is wonderful to hear all the great comments. I truly enjoy sharing them with our staff. Come back and see us again soon.
Kingwood, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We found this hotel on one of the discount travel websites, so we were not sure what to expect. We were quite pleasantly surprised. The hotel interior is very nice, and the river patio is superb. You can catch the river taxi or tour boat right outside the hotel, yet the hotel is far enough from the busiest areas of the river that you don't hear noise all the time. The beds were very comfortable, and the entire room very clean. The king rooms had an extra seating area, making for a very roomy experience. Some rooms have large balconies, and we were lucky enough to get one, which was great. Staff were extra accommodating, and even brought us a microwave when they saw that we had small children who may want to eat something late in the evening. The only downside to this hotel is that it is a bit on the far end of downtown, and walking on the streets could be dangerous at night--stick to the river taxi.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony overlooking the river.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Glad to hear the staff took good care of you and the family. Please come back and see us again soon.

Been to Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk? Share your experiences!