I stayed her for business. The room was comfortable and clean, and there is a lot to like about this place. The location is great, there is a pool, and a bar and restaurant right on the premises.
I could not get a reliable wake up call. This really cost me as I had business to attend to, and nearly caused me to miss my flight home. The first time it happened, I was clear that this was a serious issue, but I got no serious response back, as it happened several other times. This laissez faire attitude by management, and no sincere apology for this or other issues I encountered (not toiletries despite asking repeatedly) made me uncomfortable. The least they could have done was ensure the problems were fixed. The fact that they weren't tells me they didn't care about me as a customer. I should not leave a hotel feeling like an inconvenience.
The hotel Indigo at the Alamo was 100 percent kind, courteous, and took excellent care of me as business traveller. Go somewhere else for business needs--like the other Hotel Indigo.
If you are coming to this hotel on vacation with no urgent needs or commitments, I'm sure you could enjoy this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome the Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, an intriguing branded boutique hotel delivering peace and renewal to people who are tired of mundane cookie-cutter hotels. Meandering along the threshold of the Riverwalk in the downtown area you will find yourself close by the Museum of Art, Alamo, El Mercado, Southwest School of Arts & Crafts, Rivercenter Mall, Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, Alamodome, Municipal Auditorium, and Majestic Theater. Local businesses include AT&T, Baptist Hospital, Methodist Healthcare Systems, Fort Sam Houston, Brooke Army Medical Center, Kelly USA, and Lackland AFB. Imagine a 100% smoke free, sophisticated boutique hotel, whose focus is delivering guest peace, serenity and renewal. Experience true Texas hospitality at this jewel just a short stroll to restaurants and bars. Hotel Indigo offers a blend of modern contemporary living with the best in hotel hospitality. Curl up in our over-sized beds with plush bedding, duvets, pillow shams and fluffy pillows. Complimentary WiFi is at your fingertips. Relax and enjoy our Bridges Bar & Bistro for cutting edge cuisine or grab a latte where we proudly brew coffee from a local company. The Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk has been designed as an oasis for travelers who yearn for an escape from the common hotel, but still need the convenience of a fitness center, pool and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites San Antonio
- San Antonio Hawthorn Suites