We found this hotel on one of the discount travel websites, so we were not sure what to expect. We were quite pleasantly surprised. The hotel interior is very nice, and the river patio is superb. You can catch the river taxi or tour boat right outside the hotel, yet the hotel is far enough from the busiest areas of the river that you don't hear noise all the time. The beds were very comfortable, and the entire room very clean. The king rooms had an extra seating area, making for a very roomy experience. Some rooms have large balconies, and we were lucky enough to get one, which was great. Staff were extra accommodating, and even brought us a microwave when they saw that we had small children who may want to eat something late in the evening. The only downside to this hotel is that it is a bit on the far end of downtown, and walking on the streets could be dangerous at night--stick to the river taxi.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites San Antonio
- San Antonio Hawthorn Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome the Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, an intriguing branded boutique hotel delivering peace and renewal to people who are tired of mundane cookie-cutter hotels. Meandering along the threshold of the Riverwalk in the downtown area you will find yourself close by the Museum of Art, Alamo, El Mercado, Southwest School of Arts & Crafts, Rivercenter Mall, Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, Alamodome, Municipal Auditorium, and Majestic Theater. Local businesses include AT&T, Baptist Hospital, Methodist Healthcare Systems, Fort Sam Houston, Brooke Army Medical Center, Kelly USA, and Lackland AFB. Imagine a 100% smoke free, sophisticated boutique hotel, whose focus is delivering guest peace, serenity and renewal. Experience true Texas hospitality at this jewel just a short stroll to restaurants and bars. Hotel Indigo offers a blend of modern contemporary living with the best in hotel hospitality. Curl up in our over-sized beds with plush bedding, duvets, pillow shams and fluffy pillows. Complimentary WiFi is at your fingertips. Relax and enjoy our Bridges Bar & Bistro for cutting edge cuisine or grab a latte where we proudly brew coffee from a local company. The Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk has been designed as an oasis for travelers who yearn for an escape from the common hotel, but still need the convenience of a fitness center, pool and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.