“Quiet hotel right on the Riverwalk” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk

Save Saved
You added Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   830 N. St. Mary's Street, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Formerly Hawthorn Inn & Suites) (East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #74 of 351 hotels in San Antonio
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
“Quiet hotel right on the Riverwalk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Indigo Riverwalk in San Antonio for a TPTA Conference October 26 - 28, 2012. My group and I had a fantastic time. The hotel had easy access to the Riverwalk either by foot or river taxi. I had a balcony room overlooking the river, it was great. The rooms were clean & well decorated, and very quiet. Nice flat screen TV's. The restaurant was excellent. I recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RWIndigo, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire staff. Hope to see you again soon.

418 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I received a handicapped and durty room, with stain on sheets and hair on the floor. The shower couldn't be used by tallers persons like my hysband and I.
A little bit far from the restaurants and all the cool zone. The clients had to wait a lot for breakfast. They had only 2 fews waitress for all the customers.
A bad experience that I don't recommend.

Room Tip: Choose a room in front the river walk.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
I’ve reviewed your comments in detail with our staff. We sincerely apologize for your experience. We will be reviewing your comments with our department heads to ensure these issues don’t occur again. Thank you for your feedback
Kerrville, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Got a room here on a website for a great price. We loved it! The front desk staff was very nice and informative. The room was wonderful with a very comfy bed and spacious.
The hotel IS on the Riverwalk, but not the part where most of the activity is. To get to the more active part of the Riverwalk, you can take the circuitous route from the river level at the hotel, or you take a short walk at street level. The River Taxi is accessible from the hotel, but I would not suggest trying that out unless you have an unlimited amount of time to spare to get to the other part of the Riverwalk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again soon.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The hotel is nice in and out. It has the modern look at a moderate price which is a plus considering it is right on the quiet part of the riverwalk. I do not mind being on the North quiet side but the riverboat taxi is nowhere to be found at the end part of this riverwalk. then we were advised we have to wait for 30 mins or so....we decided to walk and boy it was a long hard walk going up and down the uneven sidewalks. I guess that was my morning excersie but coming back is even worse...another mile or so. I was so dead tired cuz most of the riverboat taxis were full coming back. We decided to drive out for our function that day but when we came back around 7:30pm there was no parking available at the supposedly parking for hotel indigo guests only. I circled the block several times and out of desperation we drove out straight to the market square to do some more walking and ate my 2nd second dinner just to past the time. We came back around 10:15pm and there was no parking available. I circled the block but I was hesitant to park cuz it was so dark and it was a couple of blocks away from the hotel. I said wait a minute...I just paid this hotel $13 to park and why would I park elsewhere? I went back to parking lot of Hotel Indigo very upset and tired. As I was approaching I saw this couple heading towards the parking lot crossing the street. i drove as fast as I could so I can get their parking spot for the evening. They drove away and I squeezed my Toyota Sequioa in a very tight corner space just to call it a night. My wife just calmed me down so I did not bother approaching the front desk people at all that night. I will put it all here on the review. Our stay is great if NOT for the parking hustle. This is the hotel where you parked at your own risk. Paying the $13 parking fee is not a guaranty that you will get a parking spot whenever you return. So for the couple that left that evening , they have to park elsewhere when they get back. So sorry I took your parking spot but we have to go to sleep and tired of walking roundtrip from the riverwalk back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RWIndigo, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoy our décor. We do realize that our parking can get pretty full. Our Front Desk and Security staff is always available to assist on finding additional parking. Recent improvements to our lot should make things a lot smoother. We thank you once again for your comments, and hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Hotel is beautiful. Right on the river walk. It's a nice stroll or a water taxi away from the action. My husband and I spent the weekend her we had dinner on the river walk and returned to the hotel and drinks on the deck which has a great view of the river. We would return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
We are so glad you had a wonderful stay with us. Please come and see us again real soon.
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We visited San Antonio last week and really enjoyed our stay at the Indigo. It is located North of all of the action but is within walking distance if you don't mind a bit of a trek(maybe a mile or so) down the river walk. There is a river taxi but it didn't seem to come by any of the times we were looking for it. We rode the street car for $1.10 each way down to Alamo Square. It is easy to catch just a 2 minute walk from the hotel. Our room was large, clean and nice. The bed was comfortable and the area quiet for sleeping. We had breakfast at the hotel and it was ok $10.95 for the buffet or you could order from the menu. We felt the Indio was a good value and would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband surprised me with a weekend away here last week. It was our first trip to San Antonio, and staying at the Hotel Indigo was a great way to explore the city. The location was great, even though it is at the North end of the Riverwalk; this made for less chaos and people around the hotel, which was a plus. It was a 15 minute walk to the main area of the Riverwalk, and very nice water taxi ride down the river. The appearance of the hotel and the room was great, very unique and comfortable. Loved the Keurig's in each room! There were a few cons to this hotel, the restaurant and it's service was lacking. One morning we went down for breakfast and two staff told us it was closed for a private party (for breakfast?!); when we asked for a recommendation for somewhere else to go around there they didn't have anything close to recommend. The day we finally could eat breakfast at the hotel, the service was slow (restaurant was not crowded) and the food was OK at best. The printer in the business center did not work, and the staff was not very helpful about it. Aside from wonderful service from Alex when we checked in, as well as Matt at the bar, the staff and service was fair.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk? Share your experiences!